Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zombie Ball @ Barker Hall, October 26,2012
beentheredonethat
post Oct 6 2012, 08:10 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,217

Those afraid of the undead should avoid downtown Michigan City the night of Friday, October 26. All others should head to the Zombie Ball at Barker Hall with their ghoul-friends or even their mummies. Those costumed as brain munching monsters can dance until their booties fall off from 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. Barker Hall is located at the corner of sixth and Franklin Streets, Michigan City, Indiana.

blink.gif

The evening is planned as a celebration of all things zombie. Clips from classic fright films will be projected on the walls of the hall throughout the evening including the1968 classic film Night of the Living Dead that started the cultural phenomenon. Numerous films and the Michael Jackson video Thriller “fleshed out” the zombie mythology. During the evening there will be an opportunity to join in a Thriller Dance Mob re-creating the famous dance sequence.

ohmy.gif

Upon arrival guests will receive a souvenir zombie attack survival guide. Zombie Ball music, sound and lights will be provided by EZ Tymes DJ. The $30 per person ticket includes two tickets for beer or wine, cash bar, “horror d’oeuvres”, and a midnight Zombie Dinner prepared by Great Lakes Catering. Costumes are encouraged. Advance tickets payable via PayPal are available at the website BarkerHall.com. Tickets at the door will be $35 per person. wink.gif

The gothic castle atmosphere of Barker Hall is the perfect location for a night of pre-Halloween fun. The Great Hall, is a 3600 square foot oak paneled entertainment space lit by four foot wide tiered chandeliers and 20 ft. tall leaded glass windows. The building was a 1929 gift to Trinity Church and the people of Michigan City from the railroad car heiress Cathrine Barker Hickox. This unique event is made possible by the partnership between the Community Arts Society of Trinity and Great Lakes Catering. The Community Arts Society of Trinity (CAST) was recently organized with a mission to honor the Barker Hall legacy of Catherine Barker Hickox by providing educational, recreational, cultural and social activities to support maintenance and preservation of Barker Hall as a community facility.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ang
post Oct 8 2012, 08:10 AM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Thanks for posting....I've added this event to our calendar.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Ang
post Oct 11 2012, 08:21 AM
Post #3

Was talking to a coworker who attends church at Barker Hall. She said the Titanic event was amazing. I am planning to go to the Zombie Ball....
Got my moldy funeral dress airing out, wig is ready....just need to stop at Rainbow Trades and pick up some fresh make up and I'll be ready! biggrin.gif

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
beentheredonethat
post Oct 12 2012, 06:46 AM
Post #4

We spook forward to seeing you there!! And bring a fiend or two. Remember -- you can purchase your tickets via PayPal on our website BarkerHall.com ph34r.gif
+Quote Post
Ang
post Oct 12 2012, 07:08 AM
Post #5

I'm bringing all the folks from my crypt.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post Oct 15 2012, 03:26 PM
Post #6

Stopped by Costume World (upstairs from Rainbow Trades on north Franklin between 9th & 8th streets-on the left) to get some fresh make-up so I am now ready and waiting for the 26th!
We've got a hearse-load of zombies coming! I'm so excited!!

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
beentheredonethat
post Oct 16 2012, 06:48 AM
Post #7

Remember-- $30 advance tickets payable via PayPal at the website BarkerHall.com. Tickets at the door will be $35 per person. This will help us with attendance estimate. wink.gif
+Quote Post
Ang
post Oct 22 2012, 08:08 AM
Post #8

Tickets ordered, they should come the mail any day.....

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post Oct 26 2012, 10:36 AM
Post #9

Zombie Ball is tonite! I can't wait! I'll try to post some pics over the weekend...

Signature Bar
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:25 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com