post Feb 15 2007, 09:20 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://www.michigancityin.com/articles/200.../15/news/n6.txt

Candidate wants a team approach
By Jason Miller, The News-Dispatch

Tom Thomas on Wednesday announced he plans to run for the Sixth Ward seat on the Michigan City Common Council held by Democrat Phil Jankowski.

Thomas, a Democrat, said he looks to build “much-needed consensus on the council and create a good working relationship between the council and the mayor's office.”

“I'd like to see more of a team approach across the board with the council,” he said in a prepared statement. “I'll bring this mindset of a ‘team' approach as well as positive leadership, professionalism and, most importantly, vision, if elected.”

Thomas is a lifelong Michigan City resident and serves as director of sales marketing for Lighthouse Industries, a plastics engineering firm in Michigan City.

He's served on the Michigan City Plan Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals and was the mayoral appointee to the Michigan City Fire Merit Commission.

“I'm ready to get involved again,” he said. “I believe I made a difference and had a positive impact on the boards I had the privilege to sit on in the past. I treated each board member as a teammate and extended the highest level of professional courtesy to anyone who came in front of these boards ...”

Thomas said he plans to hold a “meet the candidate” night for Sixth-Ward residents from 6-8 p.m. today at Ye Olde Benny's, 3101 E. U.S. 12.

“It's time the council becomes a positive force that works with the mayor and department heads to move the city forward,” he said. “I just don't see that approach across the board, yet.”

Contact Jason Miller at jmiller@thenewsdispatch.com.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:39 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com