IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Citybythelake.org's anniversary thread, Goin' on 2 years now!
Southsider2k12
post Dec 11 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Well Happy Anniversary to US! Today is the one year anniversary of the public unveiling of CitybytheLake.org to the general public. It has been a fun and interesting year for me as the creator of the site. It has grown past my expectations all ready, not just for the people who stop by and post, but also for the level of readership that the site has attained. If you ask me, that is a direct testament to the people who have joined up here, and continue to offer their opinions, ideas, and feelings to whomever stops by. This first year has had a lot of monumental things happen, but we figured we would take people on a trip through memory lane if they hadn't seen some of these stories and threads before. Hopefully you enjoy, and thanks for being with us. Here is to another exciting year! Later on, there will be some statistics from our first year, and some introductions of the people who help to make this place go behind the scenes.

FYI: The City Talk and Living threads were reviewed by myself, and Ang reviewed the City Sports and At Rest sections. We'd love to hear your opinions!

City Talk-Threads of the Year

#1 Intermodal facility being explored

Plenty of information on the attempt to bring a combination railyard and trucking facility to LaPorte County. There was also plenty of pro and con discussions to what the results would be of this type of facility to the economic situation of LaPorte County. At last report, the debate seems to have been for naught, as the major railroads have gone on record as saying they have no interest in buidling the facility.

#2 The YMCA building is closing

The saddest story of the year for Michigan City, as an institution in our City for 99 years has now officially closed. NIPSCO decided that they hadn't received a payment in too long, combined with the National YMCA deciding that Michigan City didn't deserve a YMCA served as the two final death blows to the organization that John H Barker himself gave $50,000 in 1908 to begin. There is the hope that a new organization will be founded and run on the principles founded by the YMCA.

#3 BP wants to pollute the lake-Thread

A near unanimous opinion expressed in this thread was that British Petroleum groups plans to expand their capabilities to process heavy Canadian Crude Oil at their northwest Indiana facilities would come at too high of a price to our enviornment, under the guidelines allowed them by the Indiana EPA. Many local officials fought very hard to bring this to public attention and prevent it from happening, including our own Representative Scott Pelath, and BP did back down from their original pollution standards publically, though they have recently begun to waffle on how to meet those new, tougher, standards.

#4 My election impressions

This was probably my personal favorite thread from the first year of this website. It was a critical look at the municipal elections taking place in Michigan City, based on my research of the candidates. It inevitably ruffled a few feathers with some campaigns, and some interesting debates ensued. In the end, pretty much all of the incumbants were swept back into office, but one of our own Angie Starks, was elected as a new councilperson, representing Michigan City At Large, along with Bob McKee. The other upset of the year was Mark Espar unseating Paul Pryzbilinski in the Second Ward, while Phil Jankowski withstood a tough challenge to hold onto his Sixth Ward seat.

#5 MCEA calls out administration

This is still a current hot topic on Citybythelake. The President of the MCEA, Phylis Stark conducted an interview with the Michigan City News Dispatch where she pulled no punches in outlining the shortfalls of the Michael Harding led MCAS administration. Also during this time many issues have spilled out into the public view such as MRSA cases at two elemetary schools, student violence, and an overall dangerous enviornment at times.

City Living Threads of the Year

#1 CBTL: Catch-All Anything thread: This is kind of an off-center feature of City by the Lake. It a complete omnibus thread where anything goes. Any bits of throw away information that could be posted, to silly word games, to what is going on in someones day, to who is hot for teacher. It is the Seinfeld of threads, a thread about nothing.

#2 MC stores remembered: A neat little time warp of a thread that explored some of the memories and shopping places of days gone by. It was a chance of some of us to show our ages, (the young and the not-so-young) and for others to reflect on how we got to the place that we are today. It was a cool trip down memory lane worth checking out if you have not seen it. http://www.citybythelake.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=142

#3 MC Pictures thread: A very cool look at MC through the lens's of our very own posters. Some very good pictures have been posted by people all over the place, including some professional looking pictures from a poster who specializes in taking photographs of MC.

#4 The attitude of Michigan City: An interesting look at how people are looking at life in MC today. The thread started out with a letter from someone who had left MC for the sunnier skies of Carmel IN, and went on from there.

#5 Who has the best pizza in MC?: An early CBTL thread that was a lot of fun. People reflected and debated on the most important topic that you could possibly think of PIZZA! Of course Albano's was the runaway winner, and I can wait for the redux of this thread next year!

City Sports Threads of the Year

#1: MC Football (36 posts)
The Wolves started out the season with two consecutive wins and we were all excited. Then came the DAC games and the Wolves seemed to lose their momentum. Adam Parkhouse wrote excellent editorials, which we posted, and he seemed to stay optomistic throughout the season.
Not only did we discuss the Wolves in this thread, we talked about Homecoming and Pop Warner. Roger threw in a plug for the Cubbies, too.

Overall, the general consensus is that, despite a losing season, we were all pleased with the Wolves' performance and have high hopes for a better season next year.

#2: MCHS Names Hoops & Gridiron Coaches (25 posts)
This started out as a speculation discussion on who the new MCHS Basketball coach would be. Rumors were flying and we were all trying to get information in our own ways. Turns out none of us were successful and had to wait for the News-Dispatch announcement.
We guessed on possibilities and why we personally eliminated those choices. Finally, the announcement was made and we shared our opinoins about the new basketball and football coaches.
The general consensus is that both choices are good ones. We've already seen improvement in the performance of the football team. Basketball remains to be seen, but I believe we all have high hopes.

#3:Lady Wolves Basketball Rated #12 (22 posts and counting)
This topic is still open. We had a thread last year, with only 8 posts, but we didn't pick it up until close to the end of the season.
This year we are watching the team closely and these girls seem to have everyone's attention.
The general consensus is outrage at the ranking system that seems to have over-looked our girls again this year. However, we all have faith in Gary Collins and are hoping for a State Championship.

#4: Sox or Cubs (18 posts)
At the start of baseball season, Southsider wanted to know who was the favorite, Sox or Cubs. It's obvious to us, just by his handle, who Southsider's fav is, but what about the rest of us? Well, the Sox got 3 votes, the Cubs got 2 and one person (yours truly) straddled the fence.
By the end of this thread, Roger had successfully managed to have us all talking about football.

And tied for 5th with 16 posts each is:

Cycling
The discussion is primarily about bike paths in the area. There are links to LaPorte and Lake County's bike paths and Rex announced he will participate in the Empire State AIDS ride. We are all anxiously waiting for him to post the pics from this ride.

Bears or Colts
This thread was started for the Superbowl. The Colts were the favorite with Southsider straddling the fence. In this thread we also gave Roger a row because of his "1914 Computer" (we've done that a lot over the past year. Roger, did you ever retire that DOS-asaur you call a computer?) Roger couldn't see the cool j-pegs ChickenCity Roller and I posted. Needless to say, those of us who favored the Colts had the right idea.

City at Rest Threads of the Year

#1. Presidential Election Thread - 51 posts and counting

This started with John McCain's visit to the Lake Michigan College in Berrien County. We've discussed many of the candidates and have some pretty informed opinions. This is an ongoing discussion that I believe will get hotter as election day gets closer.

#2. Roger Kaputnik's Pet-Peeves - 38 posts

Roger can be so fun sometimes. He loves to come up with fun games and topics. This is on of my personal favorites. As Roger posts a new pet-peeve, we all share our feelings on it. In a way, this thread is helping us to get to know each other on a more personal level.

#3. Cable-DirectTV-Dishnetwork? - 34 posts

We started out discussing the pros/cons of each, then moved on to analog vs. digital broadcasts and even had a debate over cable being considered a utility-such as water or electricity. This has been a fun discussion and, while the topic has slowed down, I don't believe it's over.

#4. TV Thread - 30 posts

This is another fun thread (City at Rest is full of fun stuff!) that will probably last a while. We dicsuss current t.v. shows and why we love it/hate it. Roger doesn't watch t.v. (except reruns of The Shield on WGN/air) so he hasn't had too much to say. IMO, this is another thread that helps us to get to know one another more personally.

#5. WIMS Goes 24 Hours - 29 posts

Originally, WIMS had two threads which we combined. Doing so moved this thread into the #5 spot of Hot Topics Of The First Year At City By The Lake. What I like about his one is one of our own-Johnny Rush-is the Station Manager and a DJ. We've learned a lot about media in this thread, and Johnny plugs our site on the air. We're all winners with this thread! (Thanks Johnny--we appreciate the attention). With new programming and personalities, I think this is another thread that will last a while.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely those of Ang and do not necessarily represent CBTL as a whole
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Dec 11 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

This is a great look back over the year. It has been a lot of fun, and I am encouraged by the demonstration of concern over the state and future of the City and area. There are some threads I have not visited and want to; however, I may be peeved out--I will check the inventory!

Huge thanks to Southsider--there is no better site about MC.

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Ang
post Dec 11 2007, 01:18 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10

Here are some statistics for the past year:

Most users logged on at once:

June 20th - 42

Most Posts in one day:

December 5th - 81

Most new threads started in one day:

February 26th - 12

Most Registrations in one day:

May 2nd - 3

Most Personal messages sent in one day:

October 22nd and May 2nd are tied with 16

The most viewed topic is City Talk with 40,066 views

We have almost 6000 posts (5917 including this one)

Our Top 5 posters (as of the moment I post this) - NOT including the Admin Team are:

Roger Kaputnik - 1098
Max Main - 384
MCStumper - 143
Tim - 97
RedDevilMC - 65

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
RedDevilMC
post Dec 11 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 39

Mike,

Thanks for providing this vehicle to all of us. I definitely appreciate it. I love getting the feedback from all of you. We know we have people on the site that choose to hide and watch. I think it's great. We know who you are!!! Just kidding. If anyone ever has any questions or would like to get in contact with me, use this email starks4council@yahoo.com.

Angie
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Dec 11 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #5

Meet the people behind the screennames...

Admin Southsider2k7:

Michael Gresham, the owner and operator of Citybythelake.org. I am 34 years old (on Dec 12 anyways). Born, raised, and reside in Michigan City. Married, with one daughter, and another due into the world any day now. Currently I work in Chicago on a futures execution desk directing order flow to the appropriate venues, and have worked in the trading industry for about 9 years now. Locally I ran for the At-Large seat in the Michigan City Area Schools Board election in 2006, and I also sat on the Board of Trustees for the Michigan City YMCA, but have since resigned the position.

Admin Ang:

Ang is a Michigan City native who relocated to Wyoming. She joined the board on December 11th. On March 15th Ang became a Moderator and she became Admin Ang on October 23rd.

Ang is a customer service representative at an insurance office in Casper, Wyoming specializing in trucker's insurance. Before she left Michigan City in 2005, Ang worked for the Michigan City Area Schools and some of you may know her from the Wolves Den and Ames Field as she was the High School Athletic Department Secretary.

Moderator JHeath:

Moderator JHeath is a native of MC, with deep family roots going back quite a few years. She joined the board on February 10th and jumped right in...posting so often that on October 23rd we decided to make her a part of the Admin Team.

JHeath works in the Human Resources department of a local not-for-profit agency. She's married with three children. She also coaches various sports teams for children with special needs, including bowling, soccer, and baseball.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Dec 11 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #6

72 members have joined us...
46 people have posted at least once...
21 people have more than 10 posts...
3 people have more than 1000 posts...
+Quote Post
Ang
post Dec 11 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #7

Happy Anniversary to all my fellow MBers. I would like to take a moment to say this past year with you all has been a lot of fun. Being here is like having a piece of home in my back pocket. I stay updated on current events, reminesce about times gone by, and even have photos to look at when I get terribly homesick. I've made friends here and the friendships are very important to me.

JHeath and I had a conversation not that long ago about having a CBTL meeting for anyone interested. We could all meet at one location for lunch or something just to have faces to go with our names, etc. Of course this wouldn't be able to happen until I next came to town, but I am planning a trip in March. That's plenty of notice.

We were thinking of a Sunday afternoon at BW3's or some such place. Or maybe at one of the clubs around town if any of you are members. I could probably get us room at St. Joe. We could even make it a potluck or something.

What say you guys?

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Dec 11 2007, 02:48 PM
Post #8

As long as it is a weekend, and nothing baby-crazy is going on, I should be able to make it!
+Quote Post
Ang
post Dec 2 2008, 09:47 PM
Post #9

I'm reviving the anniversary thread because we are coming up on our 2nd Anniversary. I was looking over this thread and thinking about what to do for our upcoming CBTL Holiday.

We have close to 100 more members than we did at this time last year, and we are getting close to 20K posts (I think Roger has the majority of them, too!).

So, here is my anniversary challenge.....
On December 11th, I am asking members to post about CBTL and what it means to you. Doesn't have to be long or wordy. Just say how you feel and what impact our little group has had on you.

And, of course, we will update site stats, etc.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post Dec 3 2008, 02:23 PM
Post #10

bump

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Tim
post Dec 3 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #11

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 18

I want to thank everyone for this great site. I was 29 when I left MC for Los Angeles - but I will always be a Michigan City boy. So it's great to find other people who love our fine city. As I've said I so wish I could join the get-together this month - I've been home at Christmas every year since '96 when I couldn't make it. Even though I won't be there I value the friendships I've made here and look forward to meeting up with everyone... someday!

Again, thank you for the site.

Tim Miller
+Quote Post
Homey
post Dec 4 2008, 06:17 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 826

I love this place. Although I'm a newbie and started off with some strong and maybe unpopular opinions, I think I've leveled off. smile.gif I'm really not a disgruntled scrooge smile.gif

Thank you for all your work!!

Signature Bar
Nothing is worth more than this day!
+Quote Post
Craig1971
post Dec 4 2008, 06:43 AM
Post #13

Getting Comfortable

Member No.: 823

Congrats..............

Signature Bar
Relax it is only a FISH
CO-Host of Mornings with Ric on am 1420 WIMS
Host of Into the outdoors Thursdays 7 to 9 pm on WIMS
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Dec 4 2008, 08:21 AM
Post #14

We will have another years look back post ready for the 11th to highlight some of the interesting and fun things that have been discussed and vetted here on Citybythelake. The mod team is putting together their picks now, if you have anything you would like to nominate as a thread of the year for 2008, please feel free to post it, or to send it to one of us!
+Quote Post
Ang
post Dec 11 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #15

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Today marks two years that CBTL has been in cyber space. When I first joined this site, I had no expectations that it would be what it has become. And, although this is not my baby, I take a little pride and ownership. I guess I could say I feel like its Godmother. laugh.gif
I look forward to "spending time" with all you guys each and every day. I have made many friendships here, some with people I never expected. I know more about what's going on back home than many people who live there because of this place.
I think my grammar skills have improved as well. Roger doesn't get on me too much, but that's because I pay attention and learn from other's mistakes. wink.gif

Something I want to share...

I was talking to my son the other day and told him about going to our meet and greet. He says, "I want you to take a friend with you." I asked why and he said, "So you'll be safe. I don't want you meeting a bunch of strangers all alone. Something could happen to you." I had to laugh. First, I was flattered that he wants me to be protected, but second, this group is the farthest thing from what he was thinking. He asked me why I was laughing and I told him he doesn't need to worry about that kind of thing with this group. I told him who some of our members are, and that I already know many of you personally, and that some of us have met before. He was very relieved.

It got me thinking, though, about this place and how comfortable I feel with you guys and how much I am looking forward to meeting you guys at the meet & greet. You guys are my cyber-friends and I just want you all to know I couldn't have a finer group of people as my friends. Thank you all for being here, thank you all for being my friends, thank you for your input at CBTL, and I look forward to toasting this place with you at the meet & greet!

Angelique

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post Dec 11 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #16

Interesting Site Statistics 12/11/07 to 12/10/08

New Members:

We've had a total of 96 new registrations in the past year. The most new registrations in one day was 6 on November 8th.

New Topics:

We've had a total of 836 new topics with the most new topics of 14 on November 5th

Posting:

Top 5 Posting Days for the last year are:
December 5 - 119
December 3 - 114
December 1 - 112
July 4 - 104
June 17 - 103

There have been a total of 11,270 posts made

Topic Views:

City Talk is the most popular with 94,435 views
City Living had 42,773 views
City at Rest had 26,787
Election HQ had 18,547
City Sports had 17,883
Candidate Interviews had 1907

I think it would be a safe assumption that City By The Lake has grown tremendously this past year compared to our first year in cyber space.
Our growth is due to our wonderful members and we would like to thank you for your membership, friendship, and sharing the word about us with your friends and family.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Dec 11 2008, 12:09 PM
Post #17

Wow, so what do you get a website for a 2nd anniversary?

This place has already exceeded my wildest expectations and hopes. I was hoping to create a place where some people got together to discuss things they had trouble talking about with other regular people in town. While there are great other media choices in Michigan City, all of them have limitations, making a little niche for us. We are the only place to provide the ability to anyone to be able to stop in whenever they would like to, and make their feelings heard on any topic that affects them. No one else can do this. What has been amazing is how many people have taken us up on the things we offer, and the extent that they have become involved here.

CBTL has not only become a great source of information, but the premier destination for discussion, as well as reflection. Because of our nature, there are no time limits on what or when you post, there are no geographic limits, because anyone can log in, and there is no one who tells you what we are talking about. I look forward to logging on as often as I can to see what everyone else has been talking about. It has gotten to the point, where I hardly need to work on getting topics for discussion up, because so many people have learned that they can bring up whatever they would like to talk about.

I really am excited about our third year of existence. There are so many more good days ahead of us all, and we will all be able to come back here and discuss them. I would like to think the biggest role we have is leaving from here and doing something to improve the town we all love, even if it seems small to us. In the end, that is what we are all striving for, is a better place for us and our children. Thanks again for all that you all bring to our little corner blanket on the beach.

Michael J Gresham
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Dec 11 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 3

This has been a ton of fun for two years. I cannot recall how I found the site, but it has been rather special to be No. 3! I have sent the webdress to everyone in the family and just about everyone in my address book. I have not had any of them become regulars (I don't think), but there are plenty of articles they have received and responded to when I send it to them. One thing in particular they remember are the photos. It has been so long since they have lived here, the news and stuff is of more limited interest.

It is hard to imagine having the computer on without checking the site. What an outlet for all my opinions! I think my family and friends hoped that that they would not have to hear it anymore since I had all of you, but instead, they still get mine plus a report of all of yours!

In all of MC, there is no better place to get an idea of what is going on, civic problems, and solutions to most of them, if only they would listen. Hats off to SouthSider (note the full name out of respect) and the next Pabst I open will be to honor you. The ones after that will be for all of you I have met here.

Cheers!

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
CaddyRich
post Dec 11 2008, 07:04 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 756

Congratulations! CBTL is the best way to find out what is happening in our area. The opinions are fair, wide-ranging (except for Burns, just kidding), and great for those of us who like to tilt at the windmill occasionally. I'm really glad I joined.

Signature Bar
"If a man opens the car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife." - Duke of Edinburgh.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Dec 12 2008, 12:00 PM
Post #20

TOP 5 THREADS FOR 2008

City Talk

#1 Assessor controversy - 487 Posts

As many people know one of the biggest on-going issues has been the LaPorte County assessment and the problems that have arisen out of it. We have seen lawsuits and charges filed, and all kinds of names-called

#2 MCAS discussion thread - 218 Posts

Always the hot topic in any community, the Michigan City Area Schools have taken a bigger role in the spotlight locally over the last few years. With an unpopular Superintendent and School Board, there have been plenty of controversies erupting out the MCAS. Plus there was an election that saw all three incumbent members of the board lose their seats.

#3 Intermodal facility being explored - 156 Posts

This is about the huge controvery surrounding the proposed intermodal facility in the eastern part of the county. As we all know, it was shot down. This was a very heated discussion of the pros and cons of the intermodal issue

#4 North end could be "choice area" - 143 Posts

Andrews North End Plan discussion: The big topic in Michigan City for years has been the recovery of the North End of town in the area between 11th Street and Washington Park and between Lighthouse Place and The Blue Chip Casino. 2008 saw the release of the Andrews Plan, and the discussion that went along with that. With the crashes of the real estate markets and lending, it is looking like the studies might be too little, too late.

#5 YMCA Closing - 115 Posts

Very interesting discussion of the demise of The Michigan City YMCA.

City Living

#1 CBTL Catch-All Anything Thread - 508 Posts

This thread was created for people to just say whatever they want without starting a new thread. Its subtitle is "Will this be the longest thread?" It's maintained the #1 spot two years now. You can brag about that wonderful sandwich you had for lunch, or complain about the guy with 25 items in the 10-items-or-less line at Wal-Nart/Mort. Last year Southsider described this thread as "The Seinfeld of threads - a thread about nothing." It is the perfect description.
Will it continue to be the longest thread?

#2 48-Hour Turn Around Quiz - 258 Posts
#3 MC Quiz Thread - 255 Posts

Our quiz threads take up the next two spots. Brush up on your MC Trivia and post a question. Tim is our "Resident Historian" but even he gets stumped once in a while!

#4 Official MC Pictures Thread - 204 Posts

This thread offers lots of pictures of Our Fair City that were taken by members. Take a look and you will be amazed. If you've got pictures of your own, or would like to comment on a few, please contribute... We'd love to see them.

#5 Top Items That Are History In Michigan City - 139

This is a very nostalgic thread about fun things in MC that are no more. If you want to go back in time, check out this thread and let your memories carry you away...
Don't forget to add something you remember if it's not already on the list.

City Sports

#1 Parks Department Suspends Two Coaches - 180 Posts

Boy, this thread sure took off! We had many people join the MB just to post in this thread. The suspension of two P&R Coaches inspired a mega-controvery all over the City and CBTL was not immune. We had our first ever censorship episode in this thread and a lot of wounded egos.

#2 MCAS versus Parks Department - 90 Posts

We discussed the "war" between the Michigan City Area Schools and Michigan City Parks & Recreation. Should P&R be allowed to use the school facilities? Should MCAS have to start paying rent for Zilla Field? Should the Mayor step in and force a resolution? Will these people ever grow up and start acting like adults?

#3 Challenger Little League in Michigan City - 44 Posts

JHeath runs the Challenger Little League in MC. This is a sports program for children with developmental disabilities. JHeath has an excellent program. Keep tabs on this thread for upcoming information in the spring.

#4 2008 Wolves Football - 35 Posts

We discussed the marked improvement of the Wolves Football team under the guise of new Coach Craig Buzea and includes many excellent articles by N-D Sports Editor Adam Parkhouse

#5 MC Girls Basketball - 28 Posts

Here we discuss the Lady Wolves Basketball team under the direction of their new coach, Terry Allen. Overall the girls are keeping up the same pace as they did with Gary Collins and earned Coach Allen his 100th Career Win! Go Lady Wolves!!

City At Rest

#1 Presidential Election Thread - 166 posts

Two years in a row this thread has held the #1 spot. We've discussed the outgoing President, candidates, and the elections. Last year I predicted this topic would get hotter as the election neard - which it did. Now I think this one may fall to the wayside since the election season is over for now. I think 2009 and the first part of 2010 won't see much activity, but I feel it will pick up again hot and heavy in 2011.

#2 T.V. Thread - 83 posts

Last year this thread held the #4 spot with 30 posts. It's obvious we're watching more t.v. I predicted this thread would last a while and I guess I wasn't wrong. If you want news & views about something on the t.v., or want to share your opinion, ask questions, etc., this is the place to go!

#3 Computer Questions - 62 posts

JHeath started this thread when she was shopping for a new computer last summer. It is a very useful source of information if you are shopping - chock full of technical information as well as personal experience. If you need a new computer, I suggest you read this thread before you start looking.

#4 NIPSCO Gas Prices - 55 posts (and counting)

This thread was actually started October 2007. It has been kept alive due to the fluctuating price of natural gas, or should I say, "ever increasing price..." Plus, we've discussed the pros & cons of "locking in " a fixed rate and/or doing the budget plan. There is much enk on this topic and I predict it will last for a while.

#5 MCEA Offers A Chance to Shadow A Teacher - 51 posts

This is another thread that was started in October 2007. This was when the teachers attempted their first Shadow a Teacher for a day. Unfortunately, it was by invite only and not very successful. 90 people were selected and mailed invitations. Of those, 21 responded and 13 people actually showed up. Roger requested an invitation, but he never received a reply. Rick Richards wrote a pretty decent editiorial about his experience. From there we moved on to making fun of Michael Harding, then to the difference between public school and private school, and ending the discussion with parental involvement and student behavior.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:45 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com