IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Moving a business to China is a positive thing for M.C.???
Lars
post Dec 13 2006, 04:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

[size=2]

Can someone tell me why the News Dispatch is running news stories about the opening of a new manufacturing plant in China of a local business is a good thing for M.C.??? They say that "what is made in China stays in China". Right. I have some land that I would love to sell you if you honestly believe that one. It is drought resistant!
Why would a "reporter" not ask questions, but just sit back and take down all the dribble that spews from the mouths of those executives? Anyone with common sense could figure out they were selling a lie. 125 to 135 people that work there? Can the reporter count? Look at how many cars there are there. That is impossible, unless they all carpool, which isn't likely. Crazy....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Dec 13 2006, 07:45 AM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I suppose it is the same vein of why the steel producers/car manufacturers don't want you to buy a Toyota or Honda even thought they have plants located in the US, and that is the profits still come back to Michigan City, and those profits could be the ones keeping people employed here. Who knows if that is actually true or not.

Its just like anything you have to make your decesions as a consumer based on what your values are. For me, I try to support local and American companies, even when the cost might be a little bit more, because I know those are someone's jobs I am helping. For other companies I won't shop based on how they treat their employees. For example, I will never set foot in the Fortune House again because of the way they supported illegal labor, and subject them to dangerous living conditions, which ended up killing people.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:28 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com