post Mar 5 2009, 11:57 PM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

Family robbed at train station

Joseph Malan
The News-Dispatch

MICHIGAN CITY - Police are looking for a Michigan City woman who, along with her daughter, allegedly robbed a family of $3,400 Feb. 20 at the downtown Gary South Shore railroad station.

The woman of interest is Ceceilia Harvey, 41, 209 N. Woodland Ave.

The other woman, 23-year-old Latasha Harvey of Gary, was arrested Tuesday by the Lake County Sheriff's Department, according to NICTD Transit Police Chief Robert Byrd.

According to a report released Wednesday by NICTD transit police, Ceceilia and Latasha allegedly confronted a Michigan City family at 1:20 p.m. on one of the train platforms after helping the family with their tax refund.

The family consisted of a mother, her boyfriend and their 4-year-old daughter.

Latasha, a tax preparer for Liberty Tax Services at 3566 Village Court in Gary, prepared the family's $3,500 tax refund check earlier in the day. Her mother, Ceceilia, who was with Latasha at the time, drove the family
to a check cashing service to have the check cashed.

After cashing the check, the family gave Ceceilia $100 for giving them a ride and also as a tip for Latasha. According the report, Ceceilia got angry and demanded more money. At that point, the family got out of the car and walked the remaining four blocks to the South Shore station, where they were to take the train back to Michigan City.

While the family was waiting for the train, Latasha and Ceceilia then allegedly confronted them. Ceceilia hinted Latasha had a weapon concealed in her coat, and even made an attempt at grabbing the 4-year-old child.

Latasha then grabbed the woman's wallet, which had the money from the cashed check, and she and Ceceilia fled the station.

"There were other commuters around," Byrd said. "But clearly, nobody else wanted to step up and get involved."

According to Byrd, both women have past criminal histories

All I can say is - WTF???? These two are tax preparers - and they hold up a client and steal thier refund? Here's a funny part -
Latasha, a tax preparer for Liberty Tax Services at 3566 Village Court in Gary

Probably not anymore.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
IndyTransplant
post Mar 6 2009, 12:12 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 870

That is so sick!

Signature Bar

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
+Quote Post
davew
post Mar 6 2009, 12:42 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 863

QUOTE(IndyTransplant @ Mar 6 2009, 12:12 AM) *

That is so sick!

I could not agree more, here is a $100 for giving me a ride and a little more for doing your job, and the she demanded MORE.

I am sicker than sick

+Quote Post
Dave
post Mar 6 2009, 10:31 AM
Post #4

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 482

I think if I were the family, I'd want to have that tax return reviewed. I mean, robbing someone who knows where you work in front of witnesses isn't an indicator of genius level IQ, so there has to be a good chance the perp goofed up the tax return as well. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Tim
post Mar 6 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #5

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 18

QUOTE(Dave @ Mar 6 2009, 11:31 AM) *

I think if I were the family, I'd want to have that tax return reviewed. I mean, robbing someone who knows where you work in front of witnesses isn't an indicator of genius level IQ, so there has to be a good chance the perp goofed up the tax return as well. smile.gif

Then again, if they got them a $3500 refund they might just want to let that sleeping god lay.
+Quote Post
jb9152
post Mar 7 2009, 07:50 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 802

QUOTE(Tim @ Mar 6 2009, 10:19 PM) *

Then again, if they got them a $3500 refund they might just want to let that sleeping god lay.

..or "dog". smile.gif
+Quote Post
Dave
post Mar 7 2009, 02:06 PM
Post #7

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 482

Q: What do you call a man who doesn't believe in Dog?

A: A dyslexic atheist.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:48 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com