Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...bears15.article

Gone in 10 minutes: Bears tix sell fast

December 15, 2006
BY SHAMUS TOOMEY Staff Reporter
Laura Nichols, an emergency room nurse and lifelong Bears fan, made sure she was scheduled for an evening shift Thursday.
That way, the morning was free to get the perfect stocking stuffer for her husband, Nick -- Bears playoff tickets that went on sale at 10 a.m.

But disappointment came within minutes. The tickets offered online and by phone sold out in a Devin Hester-fast 10 minutes -- twice the speed of last year's playoff tickets.

'I cried. Then I got mad.'
Nichols, like several Bears opponents this season, got shut out.
"I cried," the Wauconda resident admitted. "Then I got mad. Within five minutes, I Googled it, and all of the scalpers were online with their tickets."

The exact number of tickets made available for the Soldier Field playoff game Jan. 13 or Jan. 14 was not released. But Bears spokesman Scott Hagel said it was far fewer than the 6,000 originally reported.

Now, about $450 average . . .
The face value of Thursday's tickets, sold through Ticketmaster, ranged from $95 to $375. On StubHub.com, a single ticket for the game was selling for an average price of $450. That's a $115 increase from the Bears' divisional playoff game against the Carolina Panthers last season, StubHub said.
"It's our biggest seller today," company spokesman Sean Pate said, noting Bears tickets were selling three times faster than tickets for the BCS championship, college football's title game.

. . . but dipping to $350?
At Crystal Lake-based TicketsNow, Bears prices ranged from $380 for a seat in the corner of the upper deck to $1,715 for near the 35- or 40-yard line.
Pate said average prices could fall later this month, as ticketholders offer more for sale.

"It's a pricey ticket at this point," Pate said. "I would expect in the next few weeks, it would settle more into the $350 range."

stoomey@suntimes.com

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:54 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com