Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Michigan City High School Football 2013
Southsider2k12
post Aug 23 2013, 08:43 PM
Post #21

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

City wins in runaway fashion, 55-0 over Gary Roosevelt tonight. Ryan Jones ran for two TD's, Ryan Washington ran for two 2 TDs and threw for another amongst the highlights of the night. City also held the Panthers to negative yardage for the game.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 23 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #22

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 929

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Aug 23 2013, 09:43 PM) *

City wins in runaway fashion, 55-0 over Gary Roosevelt tonight. Ryan Jones ran for two TD's, Ryan Washington ran for two 2 TDs and threw for another amongst the highlights of the night. City also held the Panthers to negative yardage for the game.

This series needs to be dropped from the Wolves schedule. Playing against teams like Gary Roosevelt are fine if you are just looking for wins or want to maintain a constant home series but the whole program suffers because it's not really a challenge for the varsity, plus there are no JV or Freshman games.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 24 2013, 01:17 PM
Post #23

Really Comfortable

Wolves Freshmen team lose to New Prairie 24-14 this morning at Amzie Miller Field. Aryuan "Buck" Cain-Veasey runs for two TDs and QB Jimmy Henrich score a two point conversion for City. Freshmen team will host South Bend Washington at Ames Field on Thursday, September 5th at 5:30PM. GO WOLVES!!!
+Quote Post
MCRAVEN
post Aug 24 2013, 05:06 PM
Post #24

Getting Comfortable

Member No.: 1,280

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Aug 23 2013, 11:01 PM) *

This series needs to be dropped from the Wolves schedule. Playing against teams like Gary Roosevelt are fine if you are just looking for wins or want to maintain a constant home series but the whole program suffers because it's not really a challenge for the varsity, plus there are no JV or Freshman games.

Fyi. Next year roosevelt is off schedule. The wolves picked up a south bend team.
+Quote Post
sunny
post Aug 24 2013, 05:13 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 1,206

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Aug 24 2013, 01:17 PM) *

Wolves Freshmen team lose to New Prairie 24-14 this morning at Amzie Miller Field. Aryuan "Buck" Cain-Veasey runs for two TDs and QB Jimmy Henrich score a two point conversion for City. Freshmen team will host South Bend Washington at Ames Field on Thursday, September 5th at 5:30PM. GO WOLVES!!!

Has anybody heard how the JV team did today? Win or Lost and who did they play if Gary doesn't have a JV team?
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 24 2013, 06:12 PM
Post #26

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(sunny @ Aug 24 2013, 06:13 PM) *

Has anybody heard how the JV team did today? Win or Lost and who did they play if Gary doesn't have a JV team?

Michigan City JV hosted the Hobart Brickie JV this morning at Ames Field, I don't know the result.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 24 2013, 09:10 PM
Post #27

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(MCRAVEN @ Aug 24 2013, 06:06 PM) *

Fyi. Next year roosevelt is off schedule. The wolves picked up a south bend team.

If it's South Bend Riley, the Wolves should just go ahead and continue with the Roosevelt series.
+Quote Post
MCRAVEN
post Aug 24 2013, 10:57 PM
Post #28

Getting Comfortable

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Aug 24 2013, 10:10 PM) *

If it's South Bend Riley, the Wolves should just go ahead and continue with the Roosevelt series.

I do not really know which South Bend school it is. Could be Adams or Clay too.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 25 2013, 12:07 AM
Post #29

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(MCRAVEN @ Aug 24 2013, 11:57 PM) *

I do not really know which South Bend school it is. Could be Adams or Clay too.

I hope it's Adams, they're in our sectional now. I'm figuring it's Riley since they played a team south of Indianapolis Friday night and the Wildcats were on our non-conference schedule between 1999 and 2004.

+Quote Post
MCRAVEN
post Aug 25 2013, 08:31 AM
Post #30

Getting Comfortable

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Aug 25 2013, 01:07 AM) *

I hope it's Adams, they're in our sectional now. I'm figuring it's Riley since they played a team south of Indianapolis Friday night and the Wildcats were on our non-conference schedule between 1999 and 2004.

Honestly anyone would be better than Velt. I know Riley sucks but they are better than Velt. I believe that Washington would become week 1 and this other school is know week 2.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 27 2013, 03:40 PM
Post #31

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Aug 27 2013, 04:23 PM) *

Wolves actually got 2 votes in the latest football poll.

At this point that is just silly. They murder Roosevelt annually. let's see what they do with Washington. If they win that game, then we can get excited.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 27 2013, 04:11 PM
Post #32

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Aug 27 2013, 04:40 PM) *

At this point that is just silly. They murder Roosevelt annually. let's see what they do with Washington. If they win that game, then we can get excited.

That's the thing, we really never know how good the team is going to be until they play their first competitive game against South Bend Washington. The Panthers are only two years removed from being a 4A state finalist and similar to Michigan City has a great football tradition, it's a really nice school, they don't call themselves this Pride of the West Side for nothing.

I will have to watch Friday's game when it's posted on the ALCO site. I'll be in Three Oaks, MI taking in the La Lumiere VS. River Valley Mustangs game but will be at Ames Field next Thursday for the Freshmen game against the Panthers, Friday for the DAC opener VS. Chesterton, in Elkhart on Saturday for the La Lumiere game then in Lowell on Sunday for a couple Pop Warner games.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 27 2013, 07:17 PM
Post #33

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Aug 27 2013, 05:52 PM) *

I wasn't getting too excited yet over the Velt win, just stating what the polls said. There is by the way only 34 teams in 5A and 19 of them received some votes. That is not a resounding confirmation of greatness yet. By the way Tax what is going on at LaLumiere these days. I thought I read in the preview section that still more MC football youth jumped ship for other opportunities.

Just imagine if MCHS could keep all the local talent home. I see MC kids playing in LaPorte, New Prairie, LaLumiere, South Central, Hobart, Culver and Chesterton. The MC team might not be any better with these departures but they could have some inner competition. Now there is an investigative story that could be looked into by the paper. Why do all these kids leave? Not just in football but basketball and other sports too.

Next reclassification the IHSAA needs to tweak the format somewhat and make 6A 32 teams, 1A the (32 + x) team overflow class and 5A, 4A, 3A and 2A 64 teams.

There are a couple of boys that are going to Marquette on the voucher system and playing football at La Lumiere. They are coming out to our games and we are going out to their games and I'm going along for the ride. I doubt that it will amount to much of anything,the Lakers only play a seven game schedule with no playoff system and I doubt they will make much of an impact as freshmen playing on a varsity team.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 30 2013, 01:15 PM
Post #34

I didn't realize that Washington lost their stud QB to a transfer and had gotten whipped 42-6 last week by Concord.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 30 2013, 02:45 PM
Post #35

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Aug 30 2013, 02:15 PM) *

I didn't realize that Washington lost their stud QB to a transfer and had gotten whipped 42-6 last week by Concord.

http://articles.southbendtribune.com/2013-...-daigien-morgan

High school football: D-I prospect Morgan transfers from Washington to Riley.

March 14, 2013|By AL LESAR | South Bend Tribune

SOUTH BEND — Whether it was a belated Christmas gift or an early Valentine’s present didn’t matter.

All that was important was that Brian Stultz finally found out how the other half of the high school football coaching world feels.

Prospective Division I football players normally don’t transfer into Riley High School.

The door usually swings the other way.

On Feb. 7, the door finally swung Riley’s way — and in walked Daigien Morgan.

The 6-foot, 185-pound Morgan, who was the quarterback during Washington’s run to the Class 4-A state championship game two years ago, introduced himself to Riley athletic director Walt Ballard and Stultz, asking for an opportunity with the Wildcats.

Once they got over the initial shock, they both welcomed Morgan with open arms.

“I wouldn’t have known Daigien from Adam,” said Ballard.

Likewise, Stultz had never met Morgan before he walked through the athletic office door.

The last Stultz saw of Morgan was the back of his jersey after he scooped up a fumble and returned it 95 yards late in the fourth quarter to turn what appeared to be a Riley sectional victory into a stunning Washington recovery.

“Once I found out who he was, the first thing I told him was that I hated him,” said Ballard, able to laugh about the tough defeat now. “Daigien is such a good kid. Everyone here felt he was coming for the right reason.”

Morgan, through his mother, declined an interview for this story. All involved said leaving Washington was a tough decision.

According to South Bend Community School Corp., athletic director Kirby Whitacre, Morgan’s mother’s economic situation improved to the point where she could relocate to a neighborhood within walking distance of Riley.

“The transfer process was followed,” Whitacre said. “There was an authenticated change of address.

“The young man and his family moved for a better living situation. Sports was a secondary consideration, if it was any consideration at all.”

As long as there was a verified change of address, the IHSAA has no mandate for an athletic release from Washington.

It’s not like Morgan is coming to an offense better suited for his talents.

At Washington, Morgan had flourished in the wide-open spread attack used by coach Antwon Jones two years ago, and Jay Johnson last year. He piled up big passing numbers — 316-of-575, 5,563 yards and 58 touchdowns, with 28 interceptions — over those two seasons.

“Our offense has been based on the run,” said Stultz, who has ridden the legs of Mike Anderson and Thomas Capers into battle recently.

Needless to say, the playbook might take some tinkering.

After an 11-4 record during the journey to Indianapolis, Washington was 3-9 last year. Riley was 1-9. However, if it weren’t for Morgan’s fumble return, the Wildcats could have survived. Two weeks down the road, the Panthers took Mishawaka to the limit before the Cavemen emerged with the sectional title. That spurred Mishawaka to a berth in the Class 4-A state championship game a few weeks later.

“We aren’t that far away,” said Ballard. “I believe we have a great program. But if a young man comes here for athletics, that’s a mistake. If he comes here to be made a better person, that’s the right decision.”

According to Ballard, academics aren’t an issue for Morgan. A solid student, he has blended in from Washington’s trimester schedule to Riley’s semester.

Athletically, he spent one week in football conditioning, then began track practice. He is expected to run sprints and compete in the high jump this spring.

Morgan has had a good deal of interest from NCAA Division I schools. Despite his gaudy offensive numbers, Stultz said his best shot at big-time college football could be in the defensive secondary.

Stultz said Morgan has his own schedule of exposure events he will attend this summer to help in the recruiting process.

Staff writer Al Lesar:
alesar@sbtinfo.com
574-235-6318

+Quote Post
mcstumper
post Aug 30 2013, 09:26 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 182

How did the game go tonight?

Signature Bar
Put simply, mean reversion is a bitch. -Vitaliy Katsenelson
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 30 2013, 10:49 PM
Post #37

QUOTE(mcstumper @ Aug 30 2013, 10:26 PM) *

How did the game go tonight?

They won 57-14
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 31 2013, 07:16 AM
Post #38

A few notes from last night. The Wolves scored the most points they have ever scored against a non-Gary Roosevelt team in school history with the 57. The previous high was 49 in 2005 against Chesterton. they also broke their record for most points scored over two games combined with 112 points. Their previous high was 101 in their first two games of 2004.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 31 2013, 12:15 PM
Post #39

Really Comfortable

This mornings JV game at South Bend Washington was cancelled.

South Bend Washington is good for that, they cancelled last years senior night girls basketball game as well.
+Quote Post
MSFOOTBALL
post Aug 31 2013, 01:25 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 1,114

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Aug 31 2013, 08:16 AM) *

A few notes from last night. The Wolves scored the most points they have ever scored against a non-Gary Roosevelt team in school history with the 57. The previous high was 49 in 2005 against Chesterton. they also broke their record for most points scored over two games combined with 112 points. Their previous high was 101 in their first two games of 2004.

It end up being beautiful football weather once the storm rolled through. Unfortunately a lot of fans missed an exciting game. I think this next Fridays game against Chesterton will be exciting but close. The seniors beat them freshman year at home and sophomore year away in 90 degree heat. I had never seen such long faces by an opponent as there was that day. They thought City was going to be an easy win but the wolves proved them wrong. The Wolves are hungry and they are going to stay unsatisfied until sectional time. These players have a lot of potential with a lot of talent. It just takes finding the right combination. SB QB situation may have been a factor in our advantage but the QB they had was pretty good. It was difficult to tell if their linemen were that weak or our Wolves were that exceptional. I'd like to feel our guys were executing well and giving them the power. The proof will come as they enter DAC play this Friday. I'm choosing Wolves to finish on top. Go Wolves !!!
+Quote Post

12 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:02 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com