Southsider2k12
post Feb 1 2008, 12:08 PM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=47839.01

Birkholz Seeks Arnold's Seat
LA PORTE - Debra Birkholz, who lost by one vote in a caucus to replace the late State Sen. Anita Bowser last year, announced this week she'll run for the Democratic nomination to the District 8 seat against Jim Arnold, the man who beat her in last year's vote.

A La Porte County resident for 37 years, Birkholz retired from Northern Indiana Public Service Co., where she worked as a senior customer service representative and served as president of United Steelworkers Union Local 13796 for 13 years.

"I believe the time I spent assisting NIPSCO customers during the past 30 years, and working with the local township trustees' offices and other agencies, has given me tremendous insight into issues that District 8 residents are faced with on a daily basis," Birkholz said in a press release. "Some concerns can be dealt with locally, but many issues require action on a state level. I'm confident I can bring attention to those issues in Indianapolis and get them addressed.

Birkholz has been active in many local organizations, including serving as an ordained elder and deacon at The Presbyterian Church, La Porte, as a board member of Stepping Stone Shelter for Women, as a member of the Domestic Violence/Communities against Rape Taskforce of La Porte County, Steelworkers Organization of Active Retirees, as secretary of the La Porte County Democratic Central Committee and as a member of the La Porte County Democratic Civic Club.

Visit www.debrabirkholzforstatesenate.org for more information and to volunteer to help Birkholz in her campaign.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave
post Feb 1 2008, 03:12 PM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 482

I was a customer service rep for Illinois Bell for three years. I eventually quit/got fired because, at a very fundamental level, I was afraid working that job would suck the soul right out of my body.

A La Porte County resident for 37 years, Birkholz retired from Northern Indiana Public Service Co., where she worked as a senior customer service representative and served as president of United Steelworkers Union Local 13796 for 13 years.

"I believe the time I spent assisting NIPSCO customers during the past 30 years...."

She worked a service rep job for NIPSCO for 30 years? Heck, one of the tests I would give her before voting for her would be to see if she still has a reflection in a mirror, because I can't imagine doing that job that long unless one is a vampire or a zombie.

biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Ang
post Feb 1 2008, 06:14 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10

And NIPSCO customer service reps have THE WORST disposition. They are rude, condescending and demeaning. I have NEVER had a good experience with NIPSCO. I can't imagine voting for her if I still lived there.

30 years as a NIPSCO CR is not something I would want to brag about. Maybe in another part of the country, but certainly not in the NIPSCO service area.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
lovethiscity
post Apr 20 2008, 07:43 AM
Post #4

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 41

At the league of woman's voters candidate forum on Friday night, Deb Birkholtz gave Senator Arnold his biggest endorsement. With about 15 questions given to the candidates she responded about 9 times with "I agree with Mr. Arnold on this" 2 times with "I am not privy to what goes on in Indianapolis, so I can't answer" , 1 time with "I do not know" and once with "I am for all day kindergarten" I left the forum with the impression that Shaw's girl was pretty happy with the job Senator Arnold is doing. So I question why she would want the voters to replace him with somebody that has zero civic government experience. Deb Birkholtz might make a brilliant legislator, or she may be another Carol McDaniel. With no back ground in politics who can tell?
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Apr 20 2008, 08:44 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2

Well she has agreed to an interview for us, so hopefully her answers shed a little light on stuff.
+Quote Post
mcstumper
post Apr 20 2008, 03:39 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 182

QUOTE(Ang @ Feb 1 2008, 07:14 PM) *

And NIPSCO customer service reps have THE WORST disposition. They are rude, condescending and demeaning. I have NEVER had a good experience with NIPSCO. I can't imagine voting for her if I still lived there.

30 years as a NIPSCO CR is not something I would want to brag about. Maybe in another part of the country, but certainly not in the NIPSCO service area.

Normally I would agree, except that I recently had a very good experience with their customer support. I had a pole light that was out and two calls to NIPSCO got me assurances that it would be fixed, but no results. The third (angry) call got me this girl who made it her quest to get the light fixed. She had to have guys dispatched there three times (obviously it was a bigger problem than a blown bulb), but she would always call me after each crew dispatch to see if they had got it working. She was actually smart enough to call me after sundown each time so that I could just look out my window to give her the status. I have to admit, working in the information technology world where diminishing standards for technical support is the norm, this was a breath of fresh air.

Signature Bar
Put simply, mean reversion is a bitch. -Vitaliy Katsenelson
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:41 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com