Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dombkowski files for first congressional seat
Southsider2k12
post Jan 26 2010, 12:21 PM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Not sure why it isn't mentioned, but the seat is currently held by Pete Visclosky.

http://thenewsdispatch.com/articles/2010/0...39978241812.txt

Dombkowski files down state, announces candidacy

Published: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 4:17 AM CST
VALPARAISO — Former Michigan City resident Adam Dombkowski of Valparaiso is seeking the Republican nomination for the First Congressional District seat.

He filed at the Indiana Division of Elections office in Indianapolis last Wednesday to run in the May 4 Republican primary. Dombkowski was born in Michigan City and lived in Michigan City while he was property manager of Long Beach Cove Villas.

He said he is running as a conservative Republican.

“As we meet and discuss the issues, concerns and events affecting our lives, you will have the opportunity to get know me and my vision for our district, state and country. As an unknown candidate I am not beholden to any one group, organization or individual with the exception of my wife, Lori, our four children and God,” he said in a prepared statement.

“The time has come for us to have representation of the people by someone from the ranks of the people. Representation is not a career, it is about service, and it is about ‘We the People.’ It is the House of Representatives, not the house of self-interest. This candidacy is NOT about me and some greater self glory. I am nobody; I am just a citizen who worries about the direction and future of the country our children and grand-children will have to live in. The American dream should be their reality, not a forgotten ideal,” he said.

The First District includes most of Lake and Porter counties. Michigan City is in the Second Congressional District.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:19 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com