Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Michigan City Restaurant site, my experiment with google
BFENNELL
post Dec 5 2008, 06:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 861

I am trying out some tactics to show how someone can rank well in Google...consider looking at my site for Michigan City Restaurants. IF you have a blog or website and would like to give me a link that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tim
post Dec 5 2008, 07:54 PM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 18

I looked at your site - a friendly suggestion would be clean up a lot of your grammar and spelling errors. Like this one -

"With a little help in you websites SEO you could be at the top of the search results."

Or this one -

"So if you one of the Michigan City Restaurants or taverns you need to call me 219-210-3262 or look at my other site and get my internet marketing help."

And I believe Google is spelled "Google".

Looks like a good idea, though! Just don't letter Grammar-wacko Roger See your page!
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Dec 6 2008, 10:35 AM
Post #3

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Member No.: 3

As a descendant of the Jewish part of the family, I enter an objection to being characterized as a Nazi anything. I fully accept that no harm is meant and the term has entered the vernacular in the manner used. As a writer, though, I recognize the power of words and rue the loss of meaning while I celebrate the gain of others.

HOWEVER, I cannot abide the acceptance of bad grammar and sloppy writing, and one's ignorance of those concepts being celebrated brings me to another thought. The Nazis were notorious people, mainly unlettered, what some called 'boors.' In a sense, the acceptance and even promulgation of bad grammar and diction is more Nazi-like than the pleasure of clear, correct sentences.

Thanks for the warning, Tim--I will not spoil my morning coffee with a perusal of the site. It sounds like some kind of marketing ploy, anyhoo.

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Tim
post Dec 6 2008, 06:31 PM
Post #4

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 18

Roger - I profusely apologize - and have edited my post accordingly. Grant pity.
+Quote Post
ChickenCityRoller
post Dec 7 2008, 02:47 PM
Post #5

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 19

How long have you had the site up? If you search Michigan City Restaurants, you pop up anywhere from the 2nd to the 4th. If I was doing a search, I'd put in, "Michigan City", Indiana, Restaurants. There you pop up on the 2nd page. I know google moves kind of slowly so it might take a few to get to number one or change some wording. I have some experience wtih optimizing on google and although it took about a year, I was able to get number one organic on a number of different phrases. G'luck!

Signature Bar
IPB Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:37 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com