Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reilly's bouncer caught on video hitting patron
adam78sc
post Oct 5 2009, 09:25 PM
Post #41

Getting Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 953

yea incidents like this is why i stopped going to bars when i was 21. a bunch of drunk guys with a chip on their shoulder trying to impress some girl passed around 100 times with some macho behavior isn't my kind of thing. not to say that that is what happened here but that is the general feel i ever got when i used to go. nothing good comes of these places and the people who disagree with that will get pissy and thats cause they probably live it. and of course racism exists. wtf. but if you look around both sides are guilty. believe me. i went to M.C. schools. damn near every black person at Barker hated me for being white. Black people get away with being racist though. i.e. BET, Miss Black America, Jet magazine, so on and so forth. Anyone wanna start a WET channel with me? (White entertainment television) All of a sudden I'm racist and the NAACP comes crashing down on me. Which that bouncer may want to start thinking about that himself cause now I bet about every black person in town will be crashing down on him and Reilly's now. all im sayin is with stuff like this people will talk race being an issue. lookin at that video its my opinion that the bouncer should be arrested for that barrage of punches there at the end. it didn't look necessary

and i wont be surprised if this reply of mine is deleted and im kicked off but for the record i dont care. its not surprising that people can't handle the truth.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MC Born & Raised
post Oct 5 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7

Here's what I know or can add: I know two people (my brother included) that know Eryc very well. My brother went to school with him since kindergarten. Both of them were stunned that he'd be involved in anything like that. They say he's the most mellow guy you'd ever want to meet, whether he's been drinking or not. That doesn't mean nothing happened inside the bar, but people that know him were really stunned that he would do anything to illicit that kind of reaction.

And if you really don't think there are establishments right here in our very own town -- without naming any names -- that treat minorities differently then you're out of the loop or have your head in the sand. It's an unfortunate reality.
+Quote Post
MC Born & Raised
post Oct 5 2009, 09:33 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7

... and regardless, whether something happened inside the bar or not, what went on at the end of that tape is not acceptable. I don't know that there's any other way to look at it. The situation (if there was one) was handled and that last attack appeared to be unprovoked. He had already been subdued at that point and the last bit of violence is criminal. Period.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Oct 5 2009, 09:44 PM
Post #44

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 18

QUOTE(adam78sc @ Oct 5 2009, 10:25 PM) *

yea incidents like this is why i stopped going to bars when i was 21. a bunch of drunk guys with a chip on their shoulder trying to impress some girl passed around 100 times with some macho behavior isn't my kind of thing. not to say that that is what happened here but that is the general feel i ever got when i used to go. nothing good comes of these places and the people who disagree with that will get pissy and thats cause they probably live it. and of course racism exists. wtf. but if you look around both sides are guilty. believe me. i went to M.C. schools. damn near every black person at Barker hated me for being white. Black people get away with being racist though. i.e. BET, Miss Black America, Jet magazine, so on and so forth. Anyone wanna start a WET channel with me? (White entertainment television) All of a sudden I'm racist and the NAACP comes crashing down on me. Which that bouncer may want to start thinking about that himself cause now I bet about every black person in town will be crashing down on him and Reilly's now. all im sayin is with stuff like this people will talk race being an issue. lookin at that video its my opinion that the bouncer should be arrested for that barrage of punches there at the end. it didn't look necessary
and i wont be surprised if this reply of mine is deleted and im kicked off but for the record i dont care. its not surprising that people can't handle the truth.

Group hug!

laugh.gif

I don't buy the "nothing good comes of these places" line - though that may be your experience. I played the bars of MC for years - I hit the bars every time I'm home. It's always a nice social gathering.
+Quote Post
adam78sc
post Oct 5 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #45

Getting Comfortable

QUOTE(Tim @ Oct 5 2009, 10:44 PM) *

Group hug!

laugh.gif

I don't buy the "nothing good comes of these places" line - though that may be your experience. I played the bars of MC for years - I hit the bars every time I'm home. It's always a nice social gathering.

"though it may be your experience".... exactly. so what you sayin now? glad its all sunshine and roses for you in the bars lol u can keep it.

here im gonna do a smiley face too that was cute.

laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Tim
post Oct 5 2009, 09:56 PM
Post #46

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(adam78sc @ Oct 5 2009, 10:55 PM) *

"though it may be your experience".... exactly. so what you sayin now? glad its all sunshine and roses for you in the bars lol u can keep it.

here im gonna do a smiley face too that was cute.

laugh.gif

Wow. Darwin was right.
+Quote Post
adam78sc
post Oct 5 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #47

Getting Comfortable

QUOTE(Tim @ Oct 5 2009, 10:56 PM) *

Wow. Darwin was right.

im not gonna play this game of tossing insults behind a computer screen. find someone else. i see im already the 2nd one you have come after. 1st guy you looked like you were upset that he used Caps. dude come on. you just feeling confrontational or what.
+Quote Post
JHeath
post Oct 5 2009, 10:27 PM
Post #48

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 43

QUOTE(adam78sc @ Oct 5 2009, 11:11 PM) *

im not gonna play this game of tossing insults behind a computer screen. find someone else. i see im already the 2nd one you have come after. 1st guy you looked like you were upset that he used Caps. dude come on. you just feeling confrontational or what.

Easy, guys...This is already a sensitive enough topic without you two starting after one another.
+Quote Post
adam78sc
post Oct 5 2009, 10:28 PM
Post #49

Getting Comfortable

watch your grammar, Caps and sentence structure. you may offend Tim. you will automatically be labeled a moron and dismissed because you don't give a shit about your typing on this thread.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Oct 5 2009, 10:29 PM
Post #50

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Ok. First, we don't censor here. This is a free speech message board. If a person posts something we feel is out of line, we take it behind the scenes and ask that person to modify their post on their own. If they refuse then, and only then, we will modify it and make a post that we did and why. However, you really have to be out of line. Such as making an accusation against a person you have named and cannot back up with proof.

Second, Tim is our token antagonizer. He does it in fun and that's just the way he is. Most people don't take the bait, but for those of you who do, don't let it bother you. Seriously. Tim knows when to back off, most of the time. And when he doesn't..... well, he's got enough PM's from us to know when he's been out of line. laugh.gif

Now, back to the topic....
I, too, am tired of people pulling the race card when they feel they've been slighted. However, from what I'm hearing about this place, I believe Mr. Calvin may possibly have a serious claim. Other black people have made similar comments about this place and I know of at least one other black person who was asked to leave for no apparent reason. They were told they were violating the dress code, but according to what was posted they were not. The comment about Gary Thugs pretty much summed it up since most of the people who come here from Gary are black. That is stereotyping in my book. I know a few people from Gary who are not thugs and what I read was, "Those black folks from Gary who do nothing but cause trouble."

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Tim
post Oct 5 2009, 10:31 PM
Post #51

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(adam78sc @ Oct 5 2009, 11:11 PM) *

And your post wasn't confrontational?

Again - laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Tim
post Oct 5 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #52

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Ang @ Oct 5 2009, 11:29 PM) *

I, too, am tired of people pulling the race card when they feel they've been slighted. However, from what I'm hearing about this place, I believe Mr. Calvin may possibly have a serious claim. Other black people have made similar comments about this place and I know of at least one other black person who was asked to leave for no apparent reason. They were told they were violating the dress code, but according to what was posted they were not. The comment about Gary Thugs pretty much summed it up since most of the people who come here from Gary are black. That is stereotyping in my book. I know a few people from Gary who are not thugs and what I read was, "Those black folks from Gary who do nothing but cause trouble."

As I said if this was racially motivated then it's absolutely wrong. Based on your post, Ang - it certainly looks that way. In that case those generously overfed bouncers need to be arrested.
+Quote Post
lovethiscity
post Oct 5 2009, 10:44 PM
Post #53

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 41

Reilly's was the location of the meet and greet held by the "Black Expo" a week ago Sunday
+Quote Post
Ang
post Oct 5 2009, 10:46 PM
Post #54

QUOTE(lovethiscity @ Oct 5 2009, 11:44 PM) *

Reilly's was the location of the meet and greet held by the "Black Expo" a week ago Sunday

Are you serious?!?!?!

If they hosted that event, then why are so many people accusing them of being racist through their own personal experiences? Maybe it's not the owner who is the problem but the bouncers?

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Mack
post Oct 5 2009, 11:25 PM
Post #55

Getting Comfortable

Member No.: 947

I just saw the video and it is pretty rough. You have a police department to call if something inside warranted a beat down outside.
If a loud mouth gets you beat down like that ....then we could never have town halls!!!!
No excuse whatsoever...
I cannot think of an example where a beat down like this would be tolerated under any circumstance..(Roadhouse movies excluded).

The bouncer will do some time and or lose the lawsuit.
The bar will be held responsible.

The Chicago killing of an innocent person by an angry mob is another indication of how crass and harsh we have become. The strong taking out their rage and vengeance on the weak..and we sometimes find a logic for the behavior. Thank goodness for video!!!!

Here is a link for the Chicago mob scene:
http://www.iviewtube.com/v/89320/16-year-o...eath-in-chicago

and here is a link to what should be happening when the lions prey on the herds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM

At some point (racial or otherwise) the violence has to BE stopped.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Oct 5 2009, 11:52 PM
Post #56

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Mack @ Oct 6 2009, 12:25 AM) *

I just saw the video and it is pretty rough. You have a police department to call if something inside warranted a beat down outside.
If a loud mouth gets you beat down like that ....then we could never have town halls!!!!
No excuse whatsoever...
I cannot think of an example where a beat down like this would be tolerated under any circumstance..(Roadhouse movies excluded).

The bouncer will do some time and or lose the lawsuit.
The bar will be held responsible.

The Chicago killing of an innocent person by an angry mob is another indication of how crass and harsh we have become.

We?
+Quote Post
adam78sc
post Oct 6 2009, 06:58 AM
Post #57

Getting Comfortable

QUOTE(Tim @ Oct 5 2009, 11:31 PM) *

And your post wasn't confrontational?

Again - laugh.gif

i know. so funny. cause i just started all of this right? i make one post and i cant get away with it. Thanks Ang for vouching for Tim's behavior. Good to know that it is acceptable on here in your book. So I guess I'm the one out of line. So I'll just move on now.
+Quote Post
Mack
post Oct 6 2009, 07:09 AM
Post #58

Getting Comfortable

Member No.: 947

QUOTE(Tim @ Oct 6 2009, 12:52 AM) *

We?

One word speaks volumes. It so much reminds me of the right wing blogs and talking heads. The 2 Americas theory.
I was pretty clear on who "we" are. I don't think most readers were confused by my grammar.

How bout this little either/or test to help on clarity.
Fill in the blank.
WE or WE?

_____need to pay higher taxes.
_____need to pay lower taxes.
_____should allow abortion on demand.
_____need to demand health care for ALL.
_____need to do all we can to close the borders .
_____need to come together to stop the violence.

Last I checked EVERY ONE of the people in the Chicago video were a part of "we".
I guess not in your world though.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Oct 6 2009, 07:15 AM
Post #59

QUOTE(adam78sc @ Oct 6 2009, 07:58 AM) *

i know. so funny. cause i just started all of this right? i make one post and i cant get away with it. Thanks Ang for vouching for Tim's behavior. Good to know that it is acceptable on here in your book. So I guess I'm the one out of line. So I'll just move on now.

No one said you were out of line. I think you might be a little too sensitive. Lord knows Tim has got on my case several times. But I learned the more you rise to the bait, the more he dishes out. If you get caught up in a flame war with him, don't take it personal. Otherwise just ignore him. He's not perfect and we all know that, Tim included. Believe me on this. There was a time when I wished I could jump through the internet all the way to Japan to choke him, but then one day I realized it was just stupid to let him get to me that way. (I even pulled the Admin card on him a couple times.) Now we are cool and I've learned that Tim is an excellent cyber-friend and I'm glad for that friendship. (Tim-don't you just love the way we talk about you like you're not here?)

So instead of being offended and leaving the board, just ignore Tim and go about your business here. No one is upset with you Adam, no one accused you of starting anything, no one thinks you were out of line, and no one wants you to leave. It's silly for you to think that.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post Oct 6 2009, 07:16 AM
Post #60

QUOTE(Tim @ Oct 6 2009, 12:52 AM) *

We?

Tim, please chill a little, kay?

Signature Bar
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:25 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com