post Jan 30 2008, 01:43 PM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 43

http://www.heraldargus.com/main.asp?Sectio...&TM=53174.8

1/29/2008 1:06:00 PM
Stemmler running for county council
LA PORTE COUNTY - Longtime La Porte County resident James Stemmler announced this week that he will seek the Democratic nomination for the La Porte County Council at-large position.

If elected to the post, it will be Stemmler's first political position. Although he is a relative newcomer to politics, Stemmler is no stranger to public service.

"I have been privileged to have been appointed to several committees that have provided me with an excellent opportunity to serve my community and become more versed with issues concerning all citizens from La Porte County," Stemmler said in a press release.

Stemmler has served as a member of the Iron Workers Local 396 for 35 years and has served as the business manager for the last seven years.

"This is a tremendous honor to be elected by my peers to represent them," Stemmler added. "Along with that came numerous responsibilities which I believe I have dealt with fairly, reasonable and when necessary with great sensitivity."

During his tenure he has served as trustee to the organization's health and welfare board, joint apprenticeship committee and chaired the Mid-America Pension and SMA board. The latter position was given to him by a unanimous 26-trustee vote.

"I am also very proud that in addition to the iron workers having faith in my abilities to lead, the La Porte, Starke and Pulaski counties building and construction trades council also has that faith in me," Stemmler said.

Stemmler has worked hard to represent and introduce the trade unions to La Porte County and has actively looked for ways to recruit the next generation of trades.

If elected to the county council, Stemmler pledged to bring honesty, integrity and a straightforward approach to the position.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:20 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com