IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gary schools.. how close is MCAS to this?
lbl
post Nov 11 2010, 11:05 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 862

QUOTE(Ang @ Nov 11 2010, 09:14 AM) *

lbl---Sometimes it's easier to just let things go away, and more often than not, that's why people don't expose the cover-up when they are privvy to it. Furthermore, jobs could be lost by innocent people from exposing the truth, so it's easier to just let it go away.

Not saying it's right, just more or less explaining why I never "exposed" some of the awful truths I was aware of while working for the MCAS.

But don't for once say that MCAS never hides its dirt, because that is simply wrong.

Did I say never? My Mistake.
/wrong/ is a morally bound, value-based word.
/incorrect/ is based on a factual implication.
which do you mean?

and WOW!...open my eyes, what do YOU know, that we don't? I have kids in MCAS, I don't want them around someone who is predatory or dangerous...ya know?

Signature Bar
Buy Local!
Eat at Locally OWNED restaurants!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 11 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #22

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Well, the dangerous predators I knew of are gone. As to the question of current predators, I have no knowledge of that since I do not work for the MCAS any longer, nor do I have children who attend an MCAS school.

And you are INCORRECT to say that MCAS never hides its dirt. IMHO, MCAS shares only the dirt that will ultimately benefit them in the long run. For example, "If we share this information with the public, they will think we are on top of things and doing what is really expected of us" versus, "We better not tell the public about this because it will make us look really really bad"

This is just my opinion and should not be construed as a fact. It is based on my personal observations and information I was made privvy to.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
lbl
post Nov 11 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 862

QUOTE(Ang @ Nov 11 2010, 12:39 PM) *

Well, the dangerous predators I knew of are gone. As to the question of current predators, I have no knowledge of that since I do not work for the MCAS any longer, nor do I have children who attend an MCAS school.

And you are INCORRECT to say that MCAS never hides its dirt. IMHO, MCAS shares only the dirt that will ultimately benefit them in the long run. For example, "If we share this information with the public, they will think we are on top of things and doing what is really expected of us" versus, "We better not tell the public about this because it will make us look really really bad"

This is just my opinion and should not be construed as a fact. It is based on my personal observations and information I was made privvy to.

thank you for clearing that up...also, I'm a dork...IMHO...I should know this, but don't...please?

Signature Bar
Buy Local!
Eat at Locally OWNED restaurants!
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 11 2010, 01:29 PM
Post #24

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

In my honest opinion

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
MC Born & Raised
post Nov 11 2010, 02:24 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7

I didn't mean to sound cynical with my reply, just going by experience. Over the years, I've been stonewalled many times while working on stories for the paper when all I was looking for was simple truth.

lbl, I get what you're saying ... I do. I want to be part of the solution as much as anyone. As my username suggests, I've lived my whole life here and think there's a good chance the rest of my days will be spent here as well. Now, in fairness, my negative dealings with MCAS all took place in the Harding era. Perhaps (hopefully!) Dr. Eason-Watkins is fostering a new environment of openness and honesty. I can only hope that's the case.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:22 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com