post Sep 14 2009, 02:26 PM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://www.theheraldbulletin.com/local/loc..._255215806.html

Wisehart puts death row life on the Web

By Dave Stafford, Herald Bulletin Staff Writer

ANDERSON — Just because Mark Allen Wisehart is on Indiana’s death row doesn’t mean he can’t be in cyberspace.

With some apparent assistance on the outside of the Indiana State Prison in Michigan City, Wisehart has been able to compile a rudimentary Windows Live Internet social networking page.

He lists his interests as “watching TV like sports and movies, playing X-Box games, getting mail.”

“A little into my life and lifetime, 24 of my 44 years I have spent here, in the death house,” Wisehart’s profile reads. The post appears to be dated, because Wisehart will mark 26 years on death row later this month.

On Friday, Wisehart’s site included a network of three people, including one who is credited as the person who maintains the site.

The site includes dozens of photos of Wisehart and other prisoners on death row. Other pictures include visits from family and friends, and pictures from Wisehart’s family when he was a free man.

The site also includes a blog where two videos were posted on Friday.

Indiana Department of Corrections chief spokesman Doug Garrison said he was unaware of the site, but that Wisehart’s death row pages could not have originated from inside prison.

Inmates “don’t have access to the Internet,” Garrison said. He said the state has little control over what third parties can post online.

Wisehart will remain on death row, Garrison said, even though his murder conviction and death sentence have been set aside pending retrial.

“He will stay on death row until the end of the new proceedings,” he said.

Meantime, Wisehart has a connection to the outside world in which a small number of people view his pictures from death row.

The lone comment posted on the site on Friday said, “You look great, Mark. Keep wearin’ your trademark shades.”
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ang
post Sep 15 2009, 03:59 PM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Just out of curiosity, I checked this out. This guy was in Casper in the 70's. Ew. Gave me chills. Wonder if anyone I know knew him then?

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:36 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com