IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Possible Fatal Shooting in Long Beach?
Job
post Feb 22 2013, 09:25 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,126

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Feb 22 2013, 03:01 PM) *

If I saw the headline right, he now has a trial date.

I just discovered that the trial date has been set for some time in October. Of course, all these things go, there may be continuances. It shouldn't make any difference for Johnny; he is still out in the community telling his side of the story.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Job
post Oct 31 2013, 06:28 PM
Post #42

QUOTE(Job @ Feb 22 2013, 10:25 PM) *

I just discovered that the trial date has been set for some time in October. Of course, all these things go, there may be continuances. It shouldn't make any difference for Johnny; he is still out in the community telling his side of the story.

Whatever happened to this dog ear? I have heard that he has spent many months strolling around the neighborhood where he killed his wife. I hope that this is not yet another case where the county's lawyers have cut a deal behind closed doors. I also hope the local "media" has not gotten the word to keep quiet about what has been going on over in LaPorte on this case.
+Quote Post
Disappointed
post Mar 29 2014, 07:14 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 1,327

Can't believe the trial has been postponed again till November, I hope it all ends well,and justice is given down hard.
+Quote Post
Disappointed
post Dec 11 2014, 10:37 AM
Post #44

Well it's 2 years today and this guy is still free to do what he wants. Makes me sick.
+Quote Post
Job
post Dec 11 2014, 07:26 PM
Post #45

QUOTE(Disappointed @ Dec 11 2014, 10:37 AM) *

Well it's 2 years today and this guy is still free to do what he wants. Makes me sick.

But wait, there is more. Larkin has now filed a law suit seeking "damages." The Long Beach cops really screwed up this case. This dog-ear may walk, and recover money in a civil suit.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Dec 15 2014, 06:53 PM
Post #46

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Accused killer John Larkin of Long Beach is filing a lawsuit against LaPorte County for allegedly listening in on his private conversations with his attorney, and was holding back evidence that could prove his innocence. This is the second time an accusation of listening in on attorney client conversations has surfaced in LaPorte County, the last setting free accused murderer Brian Taylor during the summer.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/laporte...254d6a45f6.html
+Quote Post
Groucho
post Dec 16 2014, 04:01 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Dec 15 2014, 07:53 PM) *

Accused killer John Larkin of Long Beach is filing a lawsuit against LaPorte County for allegedly listening in on his private conversations with his attorney, and was holding back evidence that could prove his innocence. This is the second time an accusation of listening in on attorney client conversations has surfaced in LaPorte County, the last setting free accused murderer Brian Taylor during the summer.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/laporte...254d6a45f6.html

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-...lice-department

Police Standards are broken. Doctors and Lawyers require a license. Police who are allowed to use deadly force do not have to have special licensing or certification. Many Police forces are less then 10 officers.

This article states that if the Medical profession still operated as police departments did they would still be using leaches. Law enforcement is a local matter. States may or may not mandate training standards. There is a national problem and better training supervision and licensing can help. It will cost more though.

One of the problems with the MC police seems to be in understanding how the law works. Listening in on privileged lawyer client conversations is a sure way to get that evidence thrown out. It is a stupid move and I understand they have contaminated other crimes as well. This is what a lack of training does. They may have gotten a good arrest but then contaminated the evidence so badly that it will be thrown out.

This places the prosecutor in a bad situation and he /she is forced to plea bargain from a bad position. Too bad, this is not how the justice system is supposed to work.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Dec 16 2014, 04:39 PM
Post #48

QUOTE(Groucho @ Dec 16 2014, 04:01 PM) *

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-...lice-department

Police Standards are broken. Doctors and Lawyers require a license. Police who are allowed to use deadly force do not have to have special licensing or certification. Many Police forces are less then 10 officers.

This article states that if the Medical profession still operated as police departments did they would still be using leaches. Law enforcement is a local matter. States may or may not mandate training standards. There is a national problem and better training supervision and licensing can help. It will cost more though.

One of the problems with the MC police seems to be in understanding how the law works. Listening in on privileged lawyer client conversations is a sure way to get that evidence thrown out. It is a stupid move and I understand they have contaminated other crimes as well. This is what a lack of training does. They may have gotten a good arrest but then contaminated the evidence so badly that it will be thrown out.

This places the prosecutor in a bad situation and he /she is forced to plea bargain from a bad position. Too bad, this is not how the justice system is supposed to work.

Heads should be rolling at both police departments and the prosecutors office. This absolutely cannot happen. It has now happened twice in a short period of time, that we know of.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Dec 17 2014, 02:49 PM
Post #49

I truly expected to see the story about the Larkin civil rights violations produce a whole lot more angry responses about this being the potential second violation of civil rights locally, in a very short period of time. When Taylor was released, one of the big questions I had was if this was a regular occurrence, or a one time mistake. Hearing now about a potential second happening of people listening into private conversations between attorney and client really scares me that we have a pattern going on now, and that this has happened more than twice. I feel that people should really be outraged about this. We have one allegedly confessed killer free already, and now another instance where the case could possibly be effected. This is incredibly serious here. The implications for us all are scary. I made the comparison the other day, but will make it again, people should be WAY more upset about this, than about an idiotic article about basketball in LaCrosse. There should be outrage and calls for investigations. More than anything we the public are due some answers to know that the legal justice system in LaPorte County is sound, and that our very basic civil rights, as promised by the constitution are being protected, and not regularly violated.
+Quote Post
Disappointed
post Dec 18 2014, 10:30 AM
Post #50

I am amazed that this person files a civil law suit,you would think he would be more worried about being innocent which HE IS NOT !!. I hope justice we will be served to him and may it be HARSH for what he has put his children through and Stacey's family also.
+Quote Post
Disappointed
post Dec 30 2014, 01:21 PM
Post #51

I would like to know how this guy can be paying for all these attorney's, I heard he is not working so to have multiple defense and civil lawsuit attorney's can not be cheap. Just make's me wonder where all his $$$ are coming from.
+Quote Post
Job
post Mar 3 2015, 09:42 AM
Post #52

QUOTE(Disappointed @ Dec 30 2014, 01:21 PM) *

I would like to know how this guy can be paying for all these attorney's, I heard he is not working so to have multiple defense and civil lawsuit attorney's can not be cheap. Just make's me wonder where all his $$$ are coming from.

What is the latest about Larkin?
+Quote Post
Disappointed
post Mar 10 2015, 12:28 PM
Post #53

QUOTE(Job @ Mar 3 2015, 10:42 AM) *

What is the latest about Larkin?

As far as I know his case is still at the Appellate court, I just hope it comes out of there with a decision in favor of the prosecution and Stacey's family. I can't believe it is taking this long to bring this SOB to trial.
+Quote Post
Disappointed
post Aug 25 2015, 11:02 AM
Post #54

Still waiting for a decsion from the court on his appeal. In my opinion this has gone on way to long time to bring this loser to justice.
+Quote Post
Disappointed
post Sep 30 2015, 11:34 AM
Post #55

QUOTE(Disappointed @ Aug 25 2015, 12:02 PM) *

Still waiting for a decsion from the court on his appeal. In my opinion this has gone on way to long time to bring this loser to justice.

Looks like the Court of Appeals ruled on his appeal and it was denied !!! Good to hear now let's get this SOB to trial for what he did and put behind bars for a long time.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 30 2015, 12:42 PM
Post #56

QUOTE(Disappointed @ Sep 30 2015, 12:34 PM) *

Looks like the Court of Appeals ruled on his appeal and it was denied !!! Good to hear now let's get this SOB to trial for what he did and put behind bars for a long time.

Thanks for the update. The Court doc can be found here.
https://publicaccess.courts.in.gov/docket/S...6A051411CR00550
+Quote Post
Tim
post Oct 1 2015, 09:35 PM
Post #57

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 18

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Sep 30 2015, 12:42 PM) *

Thanks for the update. The Court doc can be found here.
https://publicaccess.courts.in.gov/docket/S...6A051411CR00550

Man - that thing reads like stereo instructions. lol
+Quote Post
Disappointed
post Oct 21 2015, 10:01 AM
Post #58

QUOTE(Tim @ Oct 1 2015, 10:35 PM) *

Man - that thing reads like stereo instructions. lol

Looks like new Judge assigned to case,hopefully go to trial soon.
+Quote Post
Mike D
post Nov 18 2015, 07:47 AM
Post #59

Member No.: 1,457

i think this is what you are looking for

http://law.justia.com/cases/indiana/court-...411-cr-550.html

Espar says he is pursuing it by so far no official word

Motion to dismiss LP Prosecutor in Larkin Manslaughter case
+Quote Post
Mike D
post Nov 18 2015, 08:38 AM
Post #60

Member No.: 1,457

court date set for 10 December 2015 - judge alevizos

Larkin case file
+Quote Post

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
24 User(s) are reading this topic (24 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:38 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com