Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Neary seeks to become judge of Superior Court 3
JHeath
post Jan 23 2008, 09:29 AM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 43

Rob Neary announced his candidacy for judge of LaPorte County Superior Court 3 on Sunday. I was invited to attend the announcement, but had a previous engagement which required my presence. Did anyone else from the MB attend the event?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jan 23 2008, 10:31 AM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I did not know about it, but it would have been interesting. I paged for his dad as a kid.
+Quote Post
JHeath
post Jan 23 2008, 10:56 AM
Post #3

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 43

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=43022.81

1/23/2008 11:44:00 AM
Neary Will Run For Super 3 Judge
MICHIGAN CITY - Democrat Robert Neary has announced his candidacy for La Porte Supe-rior Court 3 judge, the position being vacated by retiring Judge Paul J. Baldoni. Superior Court 3 is in La Porte.

Neary worked in the Child Support Division of the La Porte County Prosecutor's Office before attending law school at Indiana University in Indianapolis. During law school, he worked in the Marion County Public Defender's Office and at the Indiana Court of Appeals.

Following law school, Neary was a deputy attorney general in the state's Consumer Protection Division. After that, he joined the Morgan County prosecutor's office, where he worked with juveniles.

Neary moved to La Porte County to work for Heulat and Gardner, a local civil defense firm. His current position is with the Lake County Prosecutor's Office, where he prosecutes a range of cases.

He has worked in several political campaigns, was a past delegate to the state convention and a precinct committeeman. He said his experience practicing law in five counties and 10 cities in Indiana has given him the experience to serve as judge.

If elected, Neary said he will try to service the La Porte County residents in the tradition established by Baldoni.

Neary has been an active volunteer for the Michigan City Men's Homeless Shelter, Big Brothers/Big Sisters as well as Queen of All Saints and Notre Dame Catholic Church.
+Quote Post
RedDevilMC
post Jan 23 2008, 11:51 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 39

I went. We were locker neighbors throughout Jr. and High School. I am friends with him and his wife. It was a nice gathering.
+Quote Post
lovethiscity
post Jan 23 2008, 08:31 PM
Post #5

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 41

I also went. I like Rob and the experience he has. I will support him because of his experience and qualifications. He is already an active member in our community, he reaches out to those in need and will represent Laporte County well from the bench.
+Quote Post
Dave
post Jan 24 2008, 12:07 AM
Post #6

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 482

Neary has been an active volunteer for the Michigan City Men's Homeless Shelter....

I'd tend to be in favor of him based on the endorsements of those above, but I'd like to know what his involvement was, if any, in the attempt to build a mega-shelter at 828 Pine street.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:41 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com