Ang
post Jul 22 2010, 09:44 AM
Post #121

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

:high-five:

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MichiganCityDDS
post Sep 24 2010, 12:25 AM
Post #122

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,027

Hmmm, this is all so strange...

Signature Bar
It is not the will of your heavenly Father that one of these little ones be lost. St. Matthew 18-14.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Dec 21 2010, 01:37 PM
Post #123

We've had a bunch of new members lately, so I want to bump this up and say Welcome to the Newbies!!!

Also, I want to remind everyone that our 4th Annual Meet & Greet will be held at Matey's Restaurant in Michigan City on Monday Dec 27th at 7:00 pm.

All members are welcome to join us, you do not need to RSVP but it would be nice to let us know if you are positive you will be there.

Additionally, I would like to tell you some "fun" stuff about the board:

--When you are in a forum list, and you see a little red box next to the thread title, you can go to the last unread (by you) post in that thread by clicking the red box.

--You can bold, italicize, underline or perform any other text function in "quick reply" by simply putting a [b] at the beginning of your word and at the end put [/i]. Now, to keep from changing my font in that last sentence, I had to use different letters, but b= bold, i=italics, u=underline, etc. This also works if you want to put a paragraph in quotes. You would type [quote] at the beginning of the paragraph and at the end, use the same thing, only with the "/" symbol before the word quote-inside the brackets.

you can change the color or size of your font the same way. you would type color=red (or size=6) with the square brackets around it-- [ ] -- to have a red font and at the end you would put that little "/" symbol and just type the word color between the brackets.. [/color]

Season's Greetings, and Happy Holidays!!!

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Apr 8 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #124

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 929

Congratulations on recently registering your 400th member and have over 1000 "likes" on your Facebook page.
+Quote Post
Commuter
post Apr 3 2012, 09:26 PM
Post #125

Member No.: 1,163

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Apr 8 2011, 09:18 PM) *

Congratulations on recently registering your 400th member and have over 1000 "likes" on your Facebook page.

Every thread should have a post in it once a year or so.

I'm a chat junkie from way back. I used to go by Bongwater Q. Liberalstein but have mellowed out a bit since those days.

Really nice site -- well-designed, easy to navigate.

Can I use regular bb code? IMG tags for photos?

What's the procedure for posting video links? flash?

Signature Bar
Churches and schools should not be havens for creeps.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Apr 3 2012, 11:48 PM
Post #126

Um....we don't really have a protocol for that. If you can make it work, do it. Welcome to the site. I love your input!

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Apr 4 2012, 06:25 AM
Post #127

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Commuter @ Apr 3 2012, 10:26 PM) *

Every thread should have a post in it once a year or so.

I'm a chat junkie from way back. I used to go by Bongwater Q. Liberalstein but have mellowed out a bit since those days.

Really nice site -- well-designed, easy to navigate.

Can I use regular bb code? IMG tags for photos?

What's the procedure for posting video links? flash?

IMG tags work for sure. I don't think flash is supported. For video links you need to turn html on. bb code I am not sure about.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Jul 23 2012, 12:03 AM
Post #128

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 929

I've now surpassed the 1000+ post count.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Jul 23 2012, 05:07 AM
Post #129

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 18

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Jul 23 2012, 12:03 AM) *

I've now surpassed the 1000+ post count.

Get a life.

Oh, wait....
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jul 31 2012, 11:34 AM
Post #130

Just want to let everyone know that I've been trying to update the calendar of events. Anyone can post in the calendar, the link is at the top of the page. If you know of something coming up, or a special activity you want to share with the rest of the group, please feel free to add....
I include links to websites with more information, but feel free to post however you want.
Also, if you're looking for something fun to do, please check out our calendar. This is something I just started doing, so if I've missed anything, please show me some mercy and add it yourself. wink.gif I promise, as time goes on, I will get better at it. wacko.gif

Also, if you add something to the calendar, please PM an admin or mod as events have to approved by one of us before it will appear on the calendar. Thanks.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post Aug 2 2012, 09:06 AM
Post #131

Don't forget to check out our calendar of local events.....lots of fun stuff going on around La Porte County, and a lot of it's free!

Go Have Fun this weekend!

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post Aug 14 2012, 11:44 AM
Post #132

We've had several new members sign up over the past couple days, so I want to use this thread to welcome all the Newbies.
We thank you for joining our board and look forward to your input.

Please remember to be respectful of others as that is our number 1 rule. It's ok to disagree, but play nice.

You can scroll through old comments in this thread to learn tips and tricks to navigate this board, also you can ask if you have questions. In City Living, there is a thread called CBTL: Catch all anything thread. You can post your questions there and someone will answer them.

Again, Welcome to City By The Lake!

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post Aug 23 2012, 03:27 PM
Post #133

Don't forget to check out the calendar of events. There is a lot of fun stuff going on over the next several weeks. Get a jump on your friends and be "in the know" about what's going on!
I've got September updated through the 15th. If there is anything I missed, please PM me, or you can add it to the calendar yourself, just let an Admin know so we can approve it and make it viewable by all.
Thanks!

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post Sep 13 2012, 01:21 PM
Post #134

I see we have had a few new people sign up lately. Again, I want to welcome all the newbies to our site and remind everyone that our number one rule around here is PLAY NICE-lest ye be censored. laugh.gif wink.gif

Please remember to check out the calendar of events--upcoming events are listed at the bottom of the home page. I've been working hard to keep up with it. If I missed anything, please feel free to add and PM (personal message) me so I can approve it for public viewing.

If anyone has editing or formatting questions, you can either PM a member of the mod/admin team, or simply post your question the Catch All Anything Thread located in City Living.

Thanks to the Newbies for joining the board. We have been around longer than I anticipated and am thankful to all of our members for making this place what it is and keeping us alive--this December we will be celebrating our 6th birthday!

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post Sep 27 2012, 12:42 PM
Post #135

I've updated the October calendar--lots of fun stuff going on for all walks of life....be sure to check it out.

We've had a couple new members join in the past couple weeks and I'd like to extend a big Welcome to our newbies!

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 12 2012, 04:36 PM
Post #136

Hey All!

Season's Greetings to everyone. No matter what your religion, or your preference for Holidays in the upcoming months, I wish you all the very best!

The December Calendar has been updated. Check it out and see all the fun stuff that is going on around here. Lots of concerts, plays, and free stuff happening around LaPorte County.

If you know of anything I haven't posted to the calendar, please PM me and I will get it added right away!

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Tim
post Nov 12 2012, 09:43 PM
Post #137

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 18

QUOTE(Ang @ Nov 12 2012, 04:36 PM) *

Hey All!

Season's Greetings to everyone. No matter what your religion, or your preference for Holidays in the upcoming months, I wish you all the very best!

The December Calendar has been updated. Check it out and see all the fun stuff that is going on around here. Lots of concerts, plays, and free stuff happening around LaPorte County.

If you know of anything I haven't posted to the calendar, please PM me and I will get it added right away!

I'm hoping to add a Lazer Band holiday show - nothing confirmed yet, but it's in the works!
+Quote Post
Commuter
post Nov 18 2012, 06:05 PM
Post #138

Member No.: 1,163

Do you all ever meet for coffee or anything? I belong to a few other forums and we have actually had parties where people have traveled 2,000 miles or more to rub shoulders with each other. Just wonderin. . .

Signature Bar
Churches and schools should not be havens for creeps.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 18 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #139

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Commuter @ Nov 18 2012, 06:05 PM) *

Do you all ever meet for coffee or anything? I belong to a few other forums and we have actually had parties where people have traveled 2,000 miles or more to rub shoulders with each other. Just wonderin. . .

We have in years past. If people are interested, we could definitely gauge interest and have another sometime soon. They are fun times.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 19 2012, 10:40 AM
Post #140

I'm in! I won't have to travel so far as the last one we did..... wink.gif

Signature Bar
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
14 User(s) are reading this topic (14 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:31 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com