+Quote Post
JHeath
post Nov 19 2008, 07:26 PM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 43

QUOTE(JoeJ @ Nov 19 2008, 07:19 PM) *

Who is worse in the afternoons Brian "Wheezy" Brophy or Jim "not that bright" Kayser? I know they are two different stations, but I am back to CDs and Chicago!

Joe

The music you're listening to is probably worse than either of these. Personally, I think Brophy has come a long way since he first started out. I find he and Paula to be quite entertaining.

You should also know that his show, "Living Sober", was recently recognized with a Spectrum Award through the Indiana Broadcasters Assn. You can read the whole story here.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 19 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #3

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

Johhny, send me a pm

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Johnny Rush
post Nov 19 2008, 09:42 PM
Post #4

Group: Banned
Member No.: 72

First of all, I would like to tip my hat to Brian Brophy, he has worked really hard to get where he is right now, and continues to improve every time he is on the air. I look forward to hearing what he sounds like in the years ahead. If you asked me even 6 months ago if I thought he had a chance to be a regular on-air host, I would have said no way...he has proven me wrong.

Secondly one cannot really argue taste. I did not like the Godfather movies...EVERYONE else in the world seems like they did. Does that make me wrong? No...I really didn't like the movies.

So...I would like to see where the bar is set for local media, and I would like anyone else that wants to join in to do so. Here are the parameters. A. Has to be local (Michigan City/LaPorte) B. Cannot still be on the air anywhere (so we don't get into silly flame wars) C. We are talking "personalities" not "news hounds" D. Can be from radio, local TV or an editorial columnist. Once I see what's "good", maybe I can see why you think afternoons in town has driven you to Steve Cochran and CD's.

Have at...who is in your local media Hall of Fame?

Signature Bar
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 19 2008, 11:32 PM
Post #5

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Can't remember his name, but the morning DJ on WEFM (that's the station that's on Springland by Krueger school, right?) totally rocked. I loved spending my mornings getting ready for work listening to him. This would have been in 04-05

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Tom Burns
post Nov 20 2008, 05:29 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 827

QUOTE(Ang @ Nov 19 2008, 11:32 PM) *

Can't remember his name, but the morning DJ on WEFM (that's the station that's on Springland by Krueger school, right?) totally rocked. I loved spending my mornings getting ready for work listening to him. This would have been in 04-05

Tod Allen in mornings 5 a.m. to 10 a.m.

Michael Little in afternoons, program host referenced earlier has only a once a week program in late afternoon, folllowing Michael.
+Quote Post
JoeJ
post Nov 20 2008, 05:41 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 833

QUOTE(Tom Burns @ Nov 20 2008, 05:29 AM) *

Michael Little in afternoons, program host referenced earlier has only a once a week program in late afternoon, folllowing Michael.

I wonder why he only has a once a week shot? And very well put there Johnny! Unlike Heath who just immediatley attacks, must suck to be her husband. I will calculate and re-listen before I return to CDs, but never cockran sounds too much like a venereal disease for my taste

Joe
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 20 2008, 07:04 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(JoeJ @ Nov 20 2008, 05:41 AM) *

I wonder why he only has a once a week shot? And very well put there Johnny! Unlike Heath who just immediatley attacks, must suck to be her husband. I will calculate and re-listen before I return to CDs, but never cockran sounds too much like a venereal disease for my taste

Joe

Wait, you are going to turn a couple of phrases like that and in the same breath complain about someone saids to you? You might want to man up a bit. That's a pretty big stone you have for living in such a pretty glass house.
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 20 2008, 08:55 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 3

Humor, Joe, humor!

Humor Joe while he gets the hang of this place.

At any rate, I have the alarm set for WIMS and that is plenty to get going in the AM.

"Tune in, tear off the knob!"

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
JHeath
post Nov 20 2008, 09:02 AM
Post #10

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 43

QUOTE(JoeJ @ Nov 20 2008, 05:41 AM) *

Joe

Sheesh...get over yourself, dude. We all have different taste in everything. When you go after the guys who are out there day after day, giving an effort, expect a little something in return. If you think you can do better, put yourself out there, find some sponsors, and create a show somewhere.

This post has been edited by JHeath: Nov 20 2008, 09:03 AM
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 20 2008, 10:13 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(Tom Burns @ Nov 20 2008, 04:29 AM) *

Yeah!! Tod Allen. I miss his morning show. I used to call in all the time. I wonder if he missed me after I moved? Ha Ha.

We had a guy here who was just as good, called himself Rude Dog. Then he decided to get out of broadcasting and go sell cars. I guess that didn't work out too well cause he's back on the air on a different station, but that station plays screaming guitar music with screaming lyrics that's not really music-just noise. Too bad... he's wasting his talents.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 20 2008, 10:15 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(JoeJ @ Nov 20 2008, 04:41 AM) *

Joe

We have one basic rule here--PLAY NICE.
It's okay to disagree with someone, but insults have to be left at the gate and not brought into the playground. Get it?

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Tom Burns
post Nov 20 2008, 04:26 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ang @ Nov 20 2008, 10:13 AM) *

Yeah!! Tod Allen. I miss his morning show. I used to call in all the time. I wonder if he missed me after I moved? Ha Ha.

We had a guy here who was just as good, called himself Rude Dog. Then he decided to get out of broadcasting and go sell cars. I guess that didn't work out too well cause he's back on the air on a different station, but that station plays screaming guitar music with screaming lyrics that's not really music-just noise. Too bad... he's wasting his talents.

I will pass your comments to Tod. In addition to the morning show, he does a lot of commercial production later and is in demand from many local clients. Most of my contact is with him very early mornings (4 a m plus) when we work on the early news.)
+Quote Post
Craig1971
post Nov 21 2008, 08:24 AM
Post #14

Getting Comfortable

Member No.: 823

Wow what did I miss..........I am so confused..............

Signature Bar
Relax it is only a FISH
CO-Host of Mornings with Ric on am 1420 WIMS
Host of Into the outdoors Thursdays 7 to 9 pm on WIMS
+Quote Post
Craig1971
post Nov 21 2008, 08:30 AM
Post #15

Getting Comfortable

Member No.: 823

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Nov 19 2008, 07:33 PM) *

Johhny, send me a pm

Well said johnny.I think Brain has come a long way also.........

Signature Bar
Relax it is only a FISH
CO-Host of Mornings with Ric on am 1420 WIMS
Host of Into the outdoors Thursdays 7 to 9 pm on WIMS
+Quote Post
Tom Burns
post Nov 23 2008, 09:40 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ang @ Nov 20 2008, 10:13 AM) *

Ang: Since you miss Tod in the mornings, let me refer you to our latest on You Tube site:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riFtVFS3Las
Have a happy Thanksgiving.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 23 2008, 11:20 AM
Post #17

LOL! That is so cool. I watched the clip of Katie St. Germain, arms flying and all. I had to laugh. So typical of her. But seeing people I know and hearing Tod's voice again has really really made me home sick!
Good thing I'll be home in a couple weeks!

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
JoeJ
post Nov 25 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #18

Really, seriously, could we buy wheazy a cough button!

Thanks to Roger for giving us the heads up on the emergency at coolspring and woodland.

Joey "I am giving it a chance, where are my cd's"

+Quote Post
JoeJ
post Nov 25 2008, 05:49 PM
Post #19

Burns, your station is so lame that you think some youtube videos is going to make us listen to a station that spends half of its time in dead air. Why don't you come kicking and screaming into the early 2000's and put WE-F em on the world wide web. Oh, oh, that would mean you would have to reach your cheap @$$ hand around to your wallet and buy a $200 computer and internet connection. Don't hurt yourself. Those youtube videos is what I show my 2 year old to fall asleep to at night.

Why don't you do us a favor and retire and sell your station to someone that cares about the community?

Joe "I am in a foul mood tonight"
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 25 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(JoeJ @ Nov 25 2008, 05:49 PM) *

Burns, your station is so lame that you think some youtube videos is going to make use listen to a station that spends half of its time in dead air. Why don't you come kicking and screaming into the early 2000's and put WE-F em on the world wide web. Oh, oh, that would mean you would have to reach your cheap @$$ hand around to your wallet and buy a $200 computer and internet connection. Don't hurt yourself. Those youtube videos is what I show my 2 year old to fall asleep to at night.

Why don't you do us a favor and retire and sell your station to someone that cares about the community?

Joe "I am in a foul mood tonight"

Why so bitter? It sounds like you might be the one who needs to leave things to people who care. He is doing something... Are you?
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:55 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com