Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Schroll signs at Valpo
Southsider2k12
post May 3 2009, 11:40 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Just a note here, if the education in the City schools were really as bad as some insist, our kids wouldn't be able to get into an incredible school like Valpo U.

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...ArticleID=22945

Lineman Matt Schroll Signs With Valpo
Michigan City's Matt Schroll

Adam Parkhouse
Staff Writer

MICHIGAN CITY - Valparaiso University likes taking players from Michigan City High School, and now the Crusaders are happy to have another.

Michigan City lineman Matt Schroll signed to play football at Valpo this week. The Crusaders are expected to play Schroll at defensive end.

"I like their whole commitment to academics," said Schroll, who plans to major in marketing.

There were a good handful of other schools Schroll had considered, including Benedictine and Wabash. In the end, it was no contest and Schroll joins a handful of other City alum to have played at Valpo.

Recent City stars Casey Losiniecki, Kevin Rivera and Ted Soller played at Valpo, a Division I-AA non-scholarship program.

"We're proud of him," said Schroll's father, Jim.

Valpo competes in the Pioneer Football League with Jacksonville, Dayton, San Diego, Butler, Campbell, Davidson, Morehead State and Drake.

City football coach Craig Buzea thinks Valpo's getting a good one in Schroll.

"He's dependable, smart and the ultimate team player," Buzea said. "He'll do anything that's asked of him. He's just the consummate team player.

Schroll indicated he'll really miss his high school days.

"I can't compare nothing to high school football," Schroll said. "The teammates, the coaches, just everything."

Contact Sports Editor Adam Parkhouse at aparkhouse@thenewsdispatch.com or 874-7211, Ext. 461.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Michelle
post May 13 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 787

QUOTE(southsider2k9 @ May 3 2009, 12:40 PM) *

Just a note here, if the education in the City schools were really as bad as some insist, our kids wouldn't be able to get into an incredible school like Valpo U.

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...ArticleID=22945

Going to my alma mater, wee! smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:32 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com