Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Santos- DENIED
davew
post Dec 8 2008, 03:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 863

As a nearly life-long Sox fan, I must admit I feel a little sorry for this guy. His numbers stack up to those that are in the HOF and yet he still sits on the outside looking in.

But, that is what you get when you are a Cub, and you have not won anything in the last hundred years. Oh, I am sorry that was uncalled for, but not for a Sox fan.

Hey, as every Cubbie says, "wait till next year"

Sooner or later we will have an "el" series (did I say that right, el for elevated or is it L)

Dave
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ang
post Dec 8 2008, 04:22 PM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

El.

I'm sure the Cubbies will get their day soon. The Bears had theirs-twice-the Sox got one a few years ago, The Bulls dominated the days for a while, and I don't follow hockey at all so can't say much about the Blackhawks, but the Cubbies are due.

Hang in there bud.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
davew
post Dec 8 2008, 04:33 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 863

QUOTE(Ang @ Dec 8 2008, 04:22 PM) *

El.

I'm sure the Cubbies will get their day soon. The Bears had theirs-twice-the Sox got one a few years ago, The Bulls dominated the days for a while, and I don't follow hockey at all so can't say much about the Blackhawks, but the Cubbies are due.

Hang in there bud.

Oh, I am sure they will. The law of averages has to come around sooner or later

Dave
+Quote Post
MC Born & Raised
post Dec 9 2008, 01:28 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7

I'm actually in the minority of Cubs fans that doesn't believe Santo is a Hall of Famer. I just don't like the argument that he should get based on people with similar numbers being in. In my mind, those are mistakes and there's no reason to compound the mistake by making another one. Santo was a very good player, but the Hall of Fame should be set aside for the truly special. I just don't think Santo fits that mold.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:01 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com