Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Horrible odor in Sheridan Beach area?
beachgal
post Nov 11 2010, 06:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,059

I'm wondering if anyone can help identify where the horrible odor is coming from that has been particularly rampant over various days the last couple weeks. This morning it hit its all time worst. I've lived in the Sheridan Beach area the last few years and the smell is noticeable at various times but only throughout the winter, and normally in the early mornings! The last couple days it has been unbearable to the point of not being able to sleep with the windows open as the smell permeates the house in the early mornings. I don't even know how to describe the smell but I know it has to be coming from a local business. Maybe Criterion or GAF? I think the vitamin place closed. If anyone knows where it's coming from and could share the information, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to contact their owner/manager.

Thank you
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MCRogers1974
post Nov 11 2010, 07:47 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 968

My somewhat educated guess would be the foundary operation at Weil-McLain. No worry, that place has been on its last legs for the past few years and my sense is the business will soon close.
+Quote Post
MichiganCityDDS
post Nov 11 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,027

Aren't there some other big plants in the area south of Lake Kai and Moon Valley?

Signature Bar
It is not the will of your heavenly Father that one of these little ones be lost. St. Matthew 18-14.
+Quote Post
ChickenCityRoller
post Nov 12 2010, 08:50 PM
Post #4

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 19

I know the smell you're talking about kind of a chemical / metallic odor. Criterion or weil-McClain for sure.

Don't worry, if the transfer station gets approved, the only thing you'll smell on a hot summer day with a nice southern breeze will be the sweet smell of rotten garbage. mad.gif

Signature Bar
IPB Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:45 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com