IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking to take businesses from Illinois...
Southsider2k12
post Apr 19 2013, 01:25 PM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Driving around today while listening to WBBM 780 AM I heard a great set of commercials running. They were a direct appeal to Illinois business who were sick of their high taxes and other problems in the state to move. The place making the appeal? Not Indiana or Wisconsin, but the state of Texas, fronted by their Governor Rick Perry. What a brilliant move. They went right to the source and asked for companies to move to Texas. I am jealous of the idea. I know Mitch Daniels had done this informally at times, but this direct appeal right in the heart of their population on a Chicago radio station? Awesome and powerful.

My question is where were we at? Governor Pence? Michigan City or LaPorte County economic development? NIPRC? For $40,000 in commercials on the radion, and another $40,000 for print media, the State of Texas has made national headlines and a very clear recruiting pitch. We can do better, right?

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-04...ov-illinois-gov

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ChickenCityRoller
post Apr 19 2013, 07:31 PM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 19

I'm not sure if we could do better but we certainly have a more compelling argument for small and medium businesses where owners and workers are "tied" the region for one reason or another.
Texas DOES have it going on. I was there for a week in February and I'm going back Monday. Just driving around the streets and highways, you can tell by what kind of cars are on the road. Lots of construction going on there too.
I did get a chuckle out of this and think it's a pretty good campaign:

IPB Image

Signature Bar
IPB Image
+Quote Post
MCRogers1974
post Apr 20 2013, 03:55 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 968

QUOTE(ChickenCityRoller @ Apr 19 2013, 08:31 PM) *

I'm not sure if we could do better but we certainly have a more compelling argument for small and medium businesses where owners and workers are "tied" the region for one reason or another.
Texas DOES have it going on. I was there for a week in February and I'm going back Monday. Just driving around the streets and highways, you can tell by what kind of cars are on the road. Lots of construction going on there too.
I did get a chuckle out of this and think it's a pretty good campaign:

IPB Image

I hope we would be able to attract some of the headquarters for small to medium sized companies. The support positions (accounting, finance, marketing, IT, etc.) traditionally pay decent salaries.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Apr 23 2013, 11:35 AM
Post #4

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Perry is in Chicago right now, pitching Texas directly to Illinois business.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/04/22/tex...-illinois-jobs/
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:59 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com