> PUBLIC NOTICE: taxthedeer's Yard Sale, Garage Sale and Party Sign Policy
taxthedeer
post Sep 21 2014, 07:02 PM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 929

HEAR YE! HEAR-YE!

PUBLIC NOTICE: ATTENTION GARAGE SALE AND YARD SALE PEOPLE AND PARTY THROWERS OF MICHIGAN CITY, INDIANA 46360:

TAXTHEDEER'S YARD SALE, GARAGE SALE AND PARTY SIGN POLICY:
You are always more than welcome to post your homemade yard and garage sale sign on the corner of my tree lawn or on the NIPSCO pole advertising your sale to passing motorists free of charge but ONLY DURING THE HOURS OF WHICH YOU ARE CONDUCTING YOUR SALE. I wish you nothing but success with your sale and hope you are able to pass along some of your unwanted personal property to others and make a little cash in the process as I might be doing the same in the future. Heck, I might even come to your sale and buy something.

If you do not have the courtesy of removing your sign as soon as you sale is over your sign will be promptly removed and put into my city refuse toter for my main man Jermaine to pick up on Tuesday morning.

Furthermore, if you choose to nail, staple or tack your sign to the NIPSCO pole please kindly remove the nails, staples and tacks from the NIPSCO pole in addition to your sign. Last month I spent almost an hour of my time removing 100s of rusty nails, staples and tacks from the NIPSCO pole on the corner from all the garage sale, yard sale and party signs that all of Michigan City had posted on the pole throughout the years.

THIS SAME POLICY APPLIES FOR HOMEMADE PARTY DIRECTIONAL SIGNS SUCH AS BIRTHDAY, GRADUATION, BABY SHOWER OR BACHOLETEE PARTIES. MAZEL TOV!!!

Sincerely,

taxthedeer
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Mar 17 2015, 01:12 PM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

Hear Ye Hear Ye, I declare taxthedeer's Yard Sale, Garage Sale and Party Sign Policy null and void:

Addendum to the policy:

Garage Sale Ordinance

Michigan City, IN --- The Michigan City Common Council has recently enacted an ordinance governing garage sales. All persons desiring to conduct garage sales within City limits must first obtain a permit from the Controller’s Office for each garage sale they host. The Controller Office is located within City Hall at 100 E. Michigan Boulevard, Michigan City, Indiana, and their office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The cost of a permit for each garage sale is $5.00. Once a permit is obtained, the permit must be displayed in a conspicuous area on the date of the garage sale.

Garage sales are limited in duration and frequency. Garage sales may not exceed three (3) consecutive days at the same location, and only four (4) garage sales are allowed at any one (1) location each year. Garage sales shall be conducted only between sunrise and sunset. At the conclusion of a garage sale, all signs erected for the sale and all property exhibited for the sale shall immediately be removed from public view. Failure to comply with this Ordinance, could subject the violator to a fine of $100.00 for each violation.
+Quote Post
outsider
post Mar 17 2015, 03:30 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,288

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Mar 17 2015, 01:12 PM) *

Hear Ye Hear Ye, I declare taxthedeer's Yard Sale, Garage Sale and Party Sign Policy null and void:

Addendum to the policy:

Garage Sale Ordinance

Michigan City, IN --- The Michigan City Common Council has recently enacted an ordinance governing garage sales. All persons desiring to conduct garage sales within City limits must first obtain a permit from the Controller’s Office for each garage sale they host. The Controller Office is located within City Hall at 100 E. Michigan Boulevard, Michigan City, Indiana, and their office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The cost of a permit for each garage sale is $5.00. Once a permit is obtained, the permit must be displayed in a conspicuous area on the date of the garage sale.

Garage sales are limited in duration and frequency. Garage sales may not exceed three (3) consecutive days at the same location, and only four (4) garage sales are allowed at any one (1) location each year. Garage sales shall be conducted only between sunrise and sunset. At the conclusion of a garage sale, all signs erected for the sale and all property exhibited for the sale shall immediately be removed from public view. Failure to comply with this Ordinance, could subject the violator to a fine of $100.00 for each violation.

Lots of other communities have these ordinances, but very few of these communities actually enforce the ordinance. I would think MCPD will be busy on most weekends and the rest of the City employees don't work weekends. Good luck!
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Mar 17 2015, 06:43 PM
Post #4

Really Comfortable

I wonder what it takes to conduct a garage sale in the downstate Hamilton County cities of Carmel, Fishers and Noblesville?

Over President's Day weekend I went on a business trip to Fishers which was just incorporated into a city on January 1st.

The resident's of those three Hoosier cities live at a much higher class standard and much more enriched quality life than we do in Michigan City.
+Quote Post
outsider
post Mar 17 2015, 08:19 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,288

My guess is that most people make enough in those communities that they can afford to donate or throw stuff away - so garage sales are not a nuisance. Here is South Bend/Mishawaka area they are a nuisance in several areas - tie up traffic - cars block other peoples driveways - people park on other peoples lawns, etc.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:33 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com