IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gentlemen's Strip Club wants to locate on U.S. 421 south of I-94, Close proximity to Coolspring Elementary
Southsider2k12
post Sep 9 2014, 08:38 AM
Post #101

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Groucho @ Sep 9 2014, 08:33 AM) *

I understand the most on the board are against this type of establishment. The draw of this type of thing is its easy access to I94 and relatively cheap land. I visited the area for the first time in many years in the summer of 2013 and saw a lot of construction and improvement on the 421 ramp.

That attracts developers looking for cheaper land. This Illinois business man is planning on building a strip club from scratch. That's an expensive proposition. While it is not the type of business that most would want it does show how valuable that are is for development and that are should attract more appropriate businesses.

This guy was looking for a quick approval. If he is approved it may affect what other types of businesses might want to move in there. Overall its the Wrong business but the right location.

LP County is the perfect places for businesses like this too, as it has really low taxes, which means really low cost of business for business.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 9 2014, 09:43 AM
Post #102

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

While I didn't want a strip club around, Milsap needs to realize that the County would have lost this case. Period, end of story, and it would have cost the County taxpayers A LOT of money. Strip clubs fall under the first amendment protections of free speech.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/laporte...e21e7f0b76.html
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:57 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com