Member No.: 2

http://heraldargus.com/articles/2012/01/26...7c784968966.txt

County councilman seeks position as recorder

By Brianne Eichman
Staff writer
1-866-362-2161 Ext. 13870
beichman@heraldargus.com
Published: Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:04 PM CST
La PORTE — Second district County Councilman Earl Cunningham announced he will seek the position of County Recorder this spring.

Cunningham said taxpayers — and saving them money — are the main reasons he wants to be the county's recorder.

"I am committed to putting the taxpayers first," he explained.

His intention to run is followed with a guarantee that he will save the taxpayers money over one term.

"If I can't save the taxpayers $100,000 in one term, I will personally pay the difference," said Cunningham.

With this promise, Cunningham said he believes he can save the county even more, and would take the position to prove that point.

Cunningham said he will only seek the position of County Recorder for one term.

As a lifelong resident of La Porte County, Cunningham said he has held nearly 20 different jobs, with the purpose of familiarizing himself to the county's diversity.

His long list of jobs includes teaching business law, math, coaching and assistant coaching Michigan City area schools, teaching Driver's Education, working on his grandfather's farm, working on an assembly line at Allis-Chalmers, working on several construction jobs, as well as being in insurance sales, a real estate broker and working for the United State Government in Africa.

He has also been a county councilman for five years and believes he and the council have worked hard to save the county money.

"I believe I have proven, during my five years on the council, that I am responsible to the taxpayers, not the party, and will continue to work across the aisle," said Cunningham.

Cunningham said he has nothing bad to say about the current County Recorder, John Stimley.

"My job would be to do the same thing he's doing, saving the taxpayers money," said Cunningham.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:47 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com