post Nov 19 2007, 08:14 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=33263.34

Wolf Pack To Perform In Chicago's Thanksgiving Parade

From Staff Reports

MICHIGAN CITY - Members of the Michigan City High School Wolf Pack Marching Band will celebrate Thanksgiving morning by making music in Chicago's 2007 McDonald's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

The Wolf Pack band is unit number 47 in the 100-unit parade, which steps off at 8:30 a.m. Thursday. The parade travels north on State Street from Congress to Randolph. The event will be broadcast live and in high definition locally on WGN-TV9 from 9 to 11 a.m. WGN, which is available in 72 million households nationwide, will air the parade nationally.

In addition to marching bands, the parade will feature giant helium balloons, floats, equestrian units and local and national celebrities, all leading up to the official Chicago arrival of Santa Claus. More than 400,000 spectators are expected to line the parade route.

The 64-member Wolf Pack Marching Band, under the direction of Quincy Ford, received a Gold rating earlier this year at the Indiana State School Music Association's Marching Band Festival in South Bend. The band is led by student drum majors Rachel Johnston and Kalin Mize, and its 12-member flag corps is coached by Sue Lehman and captained by Lydia Altherr and Amy Richmond. During the Thanksgiving Day parade, the group will perform the holiday favorite, "Sleigh Ride."

"We're very honored to have been invited to be part of one of Chicago's longest-running holiday traditions," Ford said. "I hope the community will tune in to watch."

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 19 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

That is so COOL!! I wish I could watch it. If the parade is broadcast on channel 9, I would be able to as we have that as a cable channel out here. (I try to catch the news whenever I can, but the time difference makes it difficult sometimes)

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:52 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com