Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Washington Park amphitheater
Beachguy
post Dec 15 2009, 07:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 963

I was riding thru the park today and I noticed some excavation work going on at the amphitheater...any idea on what's happening?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lovethiscity
post Dec 15 2009, 09:40 PM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 41

QUOTE(Beachguy @ Dec 15 2009, 07:20 PM) *

I was riding thru the park today and I noticed some excavation work going on at the amphitheater...any idea on what's happening?

Let me guess, you are learning how to ride a bike?
+Quote Post
lovethiscity
post Dec 15 2009, 09:45 PM
Post #3

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 41

Or were you talking about the work beeing done? This is from the Park board minutes.

The Michigan City Park and Recreation Board met in regular session on Thursday, December
3, 2009 at the hour of 5:00 P.M. in the Michigan City Parks and Recreation Office, City of
Michigan City, Indiana.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
On the call of the roll, the following Board Members were found to be present or absent:
Present: Messrs. Latchford, Freese, Milcarek and Mr. Dabney (4)
Absent: None (0)
Also present were: Jan Orlich, Superintendent; Jeff Katz, Park Board Attorney; Joe Doyle, City
Council Liaison; Debbie Studtman, Budget Clerk; Bill Greene, School Board Liaison; Garry
Edson, Jerry Karstens Scholarship Board; Carolyn Saxton, Lakefront Art Festival; Robert Peters;
Joe Bolka; Dennis Burke; Laurie Wink, The News Dispatch; and Andre Steele, ALCO TV.
�� On a motion made by Mr. Milcarek, seconded by Mr. Freese and voted unanimously by
the Board, the Board approved the minutes of the December 3, 2009 Park Board meeting.
Park Superintendent Jan Orlich reported on the progress of the Amphitheater project. Ms. Orlich
stated we are working on specifications for Phase III of the Washington Park electrical upgrade
project. Ms. Orlich stated the winter holding building for the aviary at the zoo has been
completed. Construction of the new Muntjac building will begin shortly and following that
project a new building will be constructed for the Llama exhibit. Ms. Orlich thanked the Potted
Plant for donating 50 plants for the zoo. Ms. Orlich reported a new roof was installed on the
South Course Pro Shop with in-house labor which saved the department over $10,000. The
holiday lights have been installed and we are ready for the Festival of Holiday Lights to be held
on Saturday, December 5, 2009. Displays are on timers to conserve energy. A hearing date for
our liquor permit for Washington Park has been scheduled for January 10, 2010.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:47 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com