Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Michigan City Football 2015
Michigan City Wolves
post Jul 27 2015, 10:10 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,324

3 Weeks from Friday until the opener at home against S.B Washington. How good will the wolves be this year?

2 weeks until the scrimmage at home against New Prairie.

Does anybody have any details on when and what time the blue/grey scrimmage will be?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 27 2015, 11:38 AM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Jul 27 2015, 11:10 AM) *

3 Weeks from Friday until the opener at home against S.B Washington. How good will the wolves be this year?

2 weeks until the scrimmage at home against New Prairie.

Does anybody have any details on when and what time the blue/grey scrimmage will be?

Blue Grey is usually the week before NP, but with the schedule changing this year, who knows.

I think the team will have a lot of skill, but not a lot on D. It is a very young group.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Jul 28 2015, 07:43 AM
Post #3

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 929

Moratorium week across the state this week. Blue/Grey game is probably next Friday followed by the NP scrimmage the next Friday.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Jul 28 2015, 09:17 AM
Post #4

Really Comfortable

Team is featured on page 80 of the 2015 Indiana Football Digest:

For a little while last year, it looked like Michigan City was going to celebrate its first winning season since 2009.

However, a mid-season slump resulted in the Wolves dropping five of their final six contests to finish with a disappointing 4-6 record.

The only triumph during this stretch was a 34-31 double overtime decision over La Porte, but the Slicers got their revenge two weeks later in the Class 5A Sectional 9 opener with a 24-0 shutout.

If Mike Karpinski's unit is going to finally going to get over the hump, they will have to do so without the services of three-year veteran quarterback Ryan Washington, offensive linemen Tyron Kent and Hunter Wroblewski, and all-state, all-Duneland Conference defensive lineman Myles Morrow (Marian University).

"We will have to maintain a high level of play on a consistent basis," said Karpinski, who begins his fifth season. "We have the talent to compete with anyone, but we must be consistent on both sides of the field."

Having the inside track to take over the controls of the "Spread" offense is junior signal caller James Henrich, who started three games last season while Washington was injured.

The backfield should be one of the Wolves' strength with the return of speedy junior backs Aryuan Cain-Veasey and Markice Hurt Jr.

A couple of familiar faces hope to catch their fair share of passes from Henrich, as senior wide receiver Dylan Jensen is back for his third season along with classmate Cevin Crawford for a second go-around.

Experience on the front line is minimal with junior Drew Hanft and senior guard Michael Turner being the lone starters. That means senior guard Ryan Wilson and senior tackles Ben Washington and Matt Mansfield will battle for playing time.

"Our senior class is the smallest since I have been here," Karpinski said. "However, they are very good and talented athletes. If our offensive line can develop and come along, we have a chance to be pretty good."

A season ago the "4-3" defense surrendered a massive 25.1 points a contest, so they are counting on the return of six starters to improve on this total.

The strength of this unit appears to be in the secondary with Jensen and seniors Tyler Woods and Kyle Karpinski, the coach's son, back to keep things in order.

Mixing things up in the middle will be senior linebacker Javon West, along with juniors Orson Eckwood and JaMieria Woodard, while sophomore Barden Fiske has the only varsity experience in the trenches.

"Our juniors are the most athletic group I have ever coached," said Coach Karpinski. "they complement out seniors since six of them have been starting since they were sophomores."

Look for Cain-Veasey and Hurt to put their athleticism to good use by returning punts and kickoffs.

Coaches:

Michael Karpinski
7th season
Record 16-44 (.266)
Record at Michigan City HS: 9-31 (.225)
High School: Hastings (MI) (1987)
College: Hillsdale (1991)
Coachig staff:
OC: Kevin Jones
DC: Trent Ormsley
Tony Robinson, Eric Leddbetter, Ben Faulkner, Willie Henderson, Tom Tapana, Mike Walker, John Wilcher, Ryan Issacs

Impact Players:

James Henrich 5-10 160 Jr. QB
Aryuan Cain-Veasey 5-10 182 Jr. RB/R
Markice Hurt Jr. 5-9 175 Jr. RB/R
Cevin Crawford 6-5 190 Sr. WR
D'Mariay Young 5-10, 165, Jr. WR
Dylan Jensen 5-10 175 SR WR/DB
Drew Hanft 5-10 190 Jr. OL
Michael Turner 5-10 250 Sr. OL
Ryan Wilson 5-11 255 Sr. OL
Ben Washington 6-4 270 Sr OL
Matt Mansfield 6-4 275 Sr. OL
Braden Fiske 6-3 210 So. DL
Orsen Eckwood 5-8 180 Jr. LB
Javon West 5-10 185 Sr. LB
JaMieria Woodard 6-0 175 Jr. LB
Tyley Woods 5-10 175 Sr. DB
Kyle Karpinski 5-10 16- Sr. DB/LS

Key Losses:

Myles Morrow DL Marian
Ryan Washingtom QB
TyRon Kent OL
Hunter Wroblewski OL
Frank Janatik DL
Evan Long DL
James Lane RB
Malik Brooks DB
Matt Schoof LB

Tournament History:
Sectional: None
Regional: None
Semistate: None
State: None

Schedule:

8/21 SB WASHINGTON
8/28 @ Northridge
9/4 CHESTERTON
9/11 @ Valparaiso
9/18 MERRILLVILLE (Homecoming)
9/25 @ Lake Central
10/2 PORTAGE
10/9 @ La Porte
10/16 @ Crown Point

Results

Gary Roosevelt W 48-0
@ SB Washington W 34-31
@ Chesterton L 24-0
VALPARAISO W 21-14 OT
@ Merrillville L 27-6
LAKE CENTRAL L 35-29
@ Portage L 27-12
LA PORTE W 34-31 2 OT
CROWN POINT L 38-21

Sectional:

LA PORTE L 24-0

Quick Facts
Address:
8466 West Pahs Rd.
Michigan City, IN 46360

Web: www.mcas.k12.in.us
Enrollment: 1701
School Colors Navy Blue, Silver and White
Conference: Duneland
Stadium Name: Ames Field
Surface: Synthetic
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 2 2015, 09:22 PM
Post #5

Really Comfortable

Blue-Grey game is Friday at 7PM at Ames Field.

Tomorrow morning is the beginning of 2 a day practices.

It is also the first day of practice for the Pop Warner teams.
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Aug 12 2015, 03:51 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Scrimmage with New Prairie Friday night. 6 PM. I assume season passes aren't good. If not Does anybody know how much to get in?
+Quote Post
backwoods
post Aug 12 2015, 08:16 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 980

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Aug 12 2015, 04:51 PM) *

Scrimmage with New Prairie Friday night. 6 PM. I assume season passes aren't good. If not Does anybody know how much to get in?

In the past, if you brought a can food item to donate for charity, you got in free. I have not heard if that is the case this year or not.
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Aug 12 2015, 08:50 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE(backwoods @ Aug 12 2015, 09:16 PM) *

In the past, if you brought a can food item to donate for charity, you got in free. I have not heard if that is the case this year or not.

That's what they did last week for the blue/grey game, so it could be the case again.
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Aug 21 2015, 09:58 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Opener tonight at Ames against S.B Washington. I hear it's also pop warner night. GO WOLVES!
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Aug 23 2015, 08:56 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

I'm sure most know what happened at Ames on Friday night. Last I heard Michigan City officials met with Washington officials Saturday and will turn in a report to IHSAA tomorrow. Well see what happens from there.
+Quote Post
outsider
post Aug 24 2015, 07:12 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 1,288

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Aug 23 2015, 08:56 PM) *

I'm sure most know what happened at Ames on Friday night. Last I heard Michigan City officials met with Washington officials Saturday and will turn in a report to IHSAA tomorrow. Well see what happens from there.

I have been reading all the opinions on various MC and SB forums. I have a different opinion that I have not seen mentioned yet. I was not at the game and did not see any videos, but I must say that SB Washington is always involved in incidents like this. It's their MO, not just in football, but in basketball, girls softball, soccer and other sports. I don't know what the 5 Washington unsportsmanlike conduct penalties were for, but that number of 15 yard penalties in one half does not surprise me. MC coaches should have warned their athletes about the Washington taunting, shoving, horse-biting in the pile, etc. that occurs when you play Washington ALL the time. Those of us in SB area know well of Washington's reputation. It appears MC got sucked into all this, and it very well could effect MC program more than Washington's.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 24 2015, 09:12 AM
Post #12

Jim Peters ‏@JP8185 41m41 minutes ago
IHSAA's Bobby Cox said he has eyewitness accounts and 'very little film' on MC-SB Washington incident. Schools filed reports. #nwihssports
IHSAA Commissioner Bobby Cox said he will meet with staff f/ Michigan City, So. Bend Washington tomorrow re: FB game incident. #nwihssports
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 24 2015, 12:53 PM
Post #13

Steve T. Gorches ‏@SteveTGorches 30m30 minutes ago
IHSAA confirms commissioner Bobby Cox will meet with administrators from Michigan City and SB Washington about Friday night's brawl.
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Aug 24 2015, 12:56 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

According to South Bend tribune, they will meet Tuesday with decisions possibly Wednesday.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 25 2015, 02:29 PM
Post #15

Molly Jirasek ‏@MollyJ_FOX28 4m4 minutes ago Indianapolis, IN
IHSAA Commissioner says 2 WHS players & 4 Mich City players face a 1 game suspension @FOX28News
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 25 2015, 02:46 PM
Post #16

Pete Byrne ‏@PeteByrneWSBT 3m3 minutes ago
SB Washington assistant coach Keith Witherspoon is suspended indefinitely by the school and the IHSAA for sideline bahavior.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Aug 25 2015, 02:56 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 999

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Aug 25 2015, 03:29 PM) *

Molly Jirasek ‏@MollyJ_FOX28 4m4 minutes ago Indianapolis, IN
IHSAA Commissioner says 2 WHS players & 4 Mich City players face a 1 game suspension @FOX28News

Unfortunate there was a lack of discipline from both teams last Friday. I assume the IHSAA decided to call this a double forfeit instead of a cancelled game like it never happened? I would also assume that both schools are given their "warning" for the rest of the season and both programs, coaches and athletic departments are put on notice.

I think this is the first opening game that MCHS has not won in their history; another casualty of not finishing the game.

Let just hope everyone involved learned from this. Discipline has been an issue with both of these programs so let's hope it gets corrected before something worse happens. All I can say is I am more than a "little embarrassed" and so should anyone who has ever been associated with athletics in Michigan City. This is a poor representation of how you conduct yourself. Show some discipline, show some restraint and above all show some class!!!

Sports are extracurricular and you are not guaranteed the right to play it is a privilege, remember that too!
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 25 2015, 02:56 PM
Post #18

IHSAA press release

http://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/docum...5-16/082515.pdf

Key quote for those who were not there.

"Because this game did not end in the appropriate manner, the game will be scored as a double forfeit.

After reading reports, analyzing video, and discussing the incidents with school administrators, the IHSAA does not believe or agree that the game reached the level of a brawl as some have suggested. It was a highly‐competitive game
that got out of hand.

“Sportsmanship is still a primary focus of the IHSAA,” said the commissioner. “Incidents of this nature erode the interscholastic experience for everyone involved. I applaud both schools for proactively meeting at Michigan City High School the next day to discuss the incidents of the game and formulate future plans to eliminate undesirable behaviors.”"
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Aug 25 2015, 03:20 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Fair punishment. See how the Wolves do Friday at Northridge. My question is will our two running backs be playing?
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 25 2015, 07:20 PM
Post #20

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Aug 25 2015, 04:20 PM) *

Fair punishment. See how the Wolves do Friday at Northridge. My question is will our two running backs be playing?

The four suspended players are all defensemen.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:20 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com