Reply to this topicStart new topic
> US 35 Hand-over?
mcstumper
post Apr 13 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 182

Since the Blocksom acquisition seems to be moving in the right direction, I wonder if that means more energy will be expended by Chuck O. to get the state to hand over control of Michigan Blvd\US35? Will city control of the Blvd (specifically the stretch from 8th to US 12) be fundamentally important to how that property is redeveloped?

Signature Bar
Put simply, mean reversion is a bitch. -Vitaliy Katsenelson
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ang
post Apr 16 2007, 09:09 AM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

I think so. It's been a couple years since I drove down Mich Blvd, but it was in real bad shape when I did. If City had control of it, I'm sure the improvements to the road would start immediately. Plus, if those stupid median dividers were removed, there would be a lot more access to businesses along that route. At one time, Shiela Brillson wanted to do just that, and I thought it to be an excellent idea, but City has no control over that road, so nothing could be done and I guess the idea was tabled for a while.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Max Main
post Apr 19 2007, 10:52 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 90

refresh my memory: why does MC have to control Mich blvd? can't we gussy it up anyway? We would payfor it anyway.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Apr 19 2007, 11:11 AM
Post #4

Shiela Brillson tried that a few years ago and the State wouldn't have it. They didn't like the proposed improvements and wasn't willing to put up funds for the project. MC had too many other irons in the fire at that time and couldn't justify spending the money to improve a road that technically doesn't belong to them.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Apr 19 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2

Because Hwy 35 is a US Highway, it is owned, operated, and maintained by the US Dept of Transportation. We need permission to do anything to it.
+Quote Post
Max Main
post Apr 19 2007, 02:16 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

I am not talking about the roadway itself. I mean the adjacent areas, including the sidewalks and the properties on the blvd.

Is mc prohibited from doing anything on the right-of-way? And if that is true, it does NOT mean that mc cannot do anything off the ROW.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Apr 19 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #7

I'm sure their excuse would be, "That is private property owned by the local businesses or residents. It's up to them to improve their individual properties."

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Max Main
post Apr 20 2007, 08:40 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

but mc owns or potentially owns or controls a big patch of land along mich blvd from 8th to 2nd.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:17 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com