Reply to this topicStart new topic
> michigan city football 2014
Michigan City Wolves
post Jul 21 2014, 12:52 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,324

4 weeks from Friday until the opener. How good will the Wolves be this year? Can they get some DAC wins?

Attached File  Michigan_City_football_schedule.htm ( 5.81k ) Number of downloads: 1368

Is the Roosevelt game really in Gary or Is it at Ames? I heard both.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 21 2014, 01:50 PM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I hadn't heard that until now. The MCAS has nothing for fall sports up on their webpage.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Jul 23 2014, 10:02 AM
Post #3

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 929

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Jul 21 2014, 01:52 PM) *

4 weeks from Friday until the opener. How good will the Wolves be this year? Can they get some DAC wins?

Attached File  Michigan_City_football_schedule.htm ( 5.81k ) Number of downloads: 1368

Is the Roosevelt game really in Gary or Is it at Ames? I heard both.

I'm looking at the teams schedule of events for the month of August. The Gary Roosevelt game is at Ames Field.

Here is what is taking place every Friday night during August:

August 8 Blue/Gray Practice 7:00 - 9:00pm @ Ames Field
August 15 @ New Prairie Scrimmage 6:00pm
August 22 Home VS. Gary Roosevelt 7pm
August 29th @ SB Washington 7pm CT
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 23 2014, 10:07 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Jul 23 2014, 11:02 AM) *

I'm looking at the teams schedule of events for the month of August. The Gary Roosevelt game is at Ames Field.

Here is what is taking place every Friday night during August:

August 8 Blue/Gray Practice 7:00 - 9:00pm @ Ames Field
August 15 @ New Prairie Scrimmage 6:00pm
August 22 Home VS. Gary Roosevelt 7pm
August 29th @ SB Washington 7pm CT

What is the source for the schedule?
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Jul 23 2014, 10:39 AM
Post #5

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Jul 23 2014, 11:07 AM) *

What is the source for the schedule?
Coach Karpinski. It is the practice schedule that Buck had when I picked him up at team weight practice this morning.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 23 2014, 11:53 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Jul 23 2014, 11:39 AM) *

Coach Karpinski. It is the practice schedule that Buck had when I picked him up at team weight practice this morning.

Great! Thanks for that. That clears up the Roosevelt game.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 23 2014, 02:45 PM
Post #7

2014 preview

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/sports/287009...ml#.U9Ae57GhHQo
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Jul 23 2014, 03:45 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Michigan City offensive and defensive lines, are pretty much all seniors. The key will be replacing there wide receivers, Wilson and Kathela are the big losses, I hoping for a .500 season.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Jul 23 2014, 04:54 PM
Post #9

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Jul 23 2014, 04:45 PM) *

Michigan City offensive and defensive lines, are pretty much all seniors. The key will be replacing there wide receivers, Wilson and Kathela are the big losses, I hoping for a .500 season.
From the 2014 Indiana Football Digest:

It was another tough season for the team by the big lake as Michigan City recorded its second consecutive 2-8 record.

The Wolves have now won just six games over the past four years and finished with a winning mark just twice in the past 13 seasons.

City started 2013 by winning its first two games and appeared to be in line to make it three in a row before Chesterton rallied late for a 35-31 victory.

After that, the Wolves never seemed to be the same the rest of the season as they bring an eight-game losing skid into the new campaign.

Graduation grabbed several key players including all-Duneland conference wide receiver Logan Kaletha, who was also an all-region selection, and safety Anthony Lemon, who garnered all-state status. Also gone are wide receiver Donavan Wilson and defensive end JaVarrie Oliver.

As he enters his fourth season at Ames Field, Mike Karpinski continues his quest at getting his players to believe that they can get the job done in the Duneland.

"We need to build our confidence level that we can compete in the DAC." stated the Hillsdale College graduate. "It is a very good conference but there is no reason why we cannot do a better job of competing."

Perhaps 2014 will be that year as the Wolves return 14 starters with seven on both sides of the ball.

The "Pro Spread" offense will be led again by all-DAC quarterback Ryan Washington, along with most of the backfield from last season. Senior James Lane and juniors Dylan Jensen and Javon West return at running back and should get help from sophomore Aryuan Cain-Veasey

In addition to senior tight end Shaylah Barron, the rest of the front line is also experienced with senior Jacob Oshinski, and senior tackles Ty'Ron Kent and Hunter Wroblewski back in the fold.

The "4-3" defense also has good experience, but does have its share of two way starters.

Up front, seniors Myles Morrow and Frank Janatik are the ends, while senior Eric Long joins Kent as the tackles.

At the linebacker slots, look for senior Matt Schoff and Gabe Garrett to reunite with West and Jensen in the middle.

The secondary will feature Washington and fellow senior Malik Brooks.

Others hoping to contribute on defense include sophomore Mike Turner along with Cain-Veasey and junior Kyle Karpinski, the coach's son, in the secondary.

On special teams, senior Ryan Stevenson will once again handle the punting and kicking duties.

City is still looking for its first sectional title in program history since the merger of Elston and Rogers back in 1995. Since falling in the sectional title game to Penn in their first season, the Wolves have just won four sectional games and none since 2005.

Head Coach:

Michael Karpinski
4th Season
Record at Michigan City: 5-25
High School: Hastings, Mich (1987)
College: Hillsdale (1992)

Coaching Staff:
OC: Kevin Jones
DC: Scott Ornsley
Eric Ledbetter, Willie Henderson, Mike Walker, John Wilcher, Tony Robinson, Steve Drewes, Matt Jones, Jim Summers, Mike Masch, Rodney Washington, Aaron Stubinski

2014 Schedule:
8/22 GARY ROOSEVELT
8/29 @ S.B. Washington
9/05 @ Chesterton
9/12 VALPARAISO
9/19 @ Merrillville
9/26 LAKE CENTRAL
10/03 @ Portage
10/10 LA PORTE
10/17 CROWN POINT

2013 Results:

Gary Roosevelt W, 55-0
S.B. Washington, W, 57-14
Chesterton L, 35-31
at Valparaiso L, 17-7
Merrillville L, 56-9
at Lake Central L, 24-10
Portage L, 24-7
at La Porte L, 48-21
at Crown Point L, 37-29
Sectional
Munster L, 21-13

Impact Players
Ryan Washington 6'0 190lb SR QB/DB
James Lane 5'10 170lb. SR RB
Dylan Jenson 5'9 170lb. JR RB/DB/KR
Javon West 5'9 195lb. JR RB/DB
Shaylah Barron 6'3 220lb. SR OL
Colton Nowatzke 6'0 215 SR OL
Evan Long 5'10 265lb SR OL
Jacob Oshinski 6'2 265lb. OL/DL
Tyson Kent 6'4 265lb SR OL/DL
Hunter Wroblewski 6'4 295 SR OL
Myles Morrow 6'3 215lb SR DL
Franklin Janatik 6'5 239lb SR DL
Eric Long 5'10 265lb SR DL
Matthew Schoof 5'9 200lb SR DB
Gabe Garrett 5'8 175lb SR DB
Malik Brooks 5'10 165lb SR DB
Kyle Karpinski 5'9 155lb JR DB/LS
Ryan Stevenson 6'1 165lb SR K

Newcomers
Aryuan Cain-Veasey 5'8 165lb SO RB
Mike Turner 5'8 265lb SR DL

Key Losses
Logan Kaletha WR
Donavan Wilson WE
Javarrie Oliver DL
Anthony Lemon DB

Tournament History
Sectional: None
Regional: None
Semi state: None
State: None

Quick Facts:
School Address: 8466 West Pahs Rd. Michigan City, IN 46360
Web: www.mcas.k12.in.us
Enrollment: 1771
School Colors: Navy Blue, Silver and White
Conference: Duneland
Stadium Name: Ames Field
Surface: Synthetic
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Jul 25 2014, 03:41 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 999

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Jul 23 2014, 04:45 PM) *

I hope this season Donovan Wilson has a break out year working with his 3 year returning starter at QB. I expect big things from the Wolves with that much experience coming back. The best news will be a possible addition of a new Offensive Coordinator. A new OC can only bring a spark to an offensive that has been stagnant for a few seasons now. It looks like they once again have some large lineman and we know that MC always has expolsive, speedy skill players. I have to believe they can compete this year in the DAC and in Sectional 9. If not now then when?
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Jul 25 2014, 04:35 PM
Post #11

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Jul 25 2014, 04:41 PM) *

I hope this season Donovan Wilson has a break out year working with his 3 year returning starter at QB. I expect big things from the Wolves with that much experience coming back. The best news will be a possible addition of a new Offensive Coordinator. A new OC can only bring a spark to an offensive that has been stagnant for a few seasons now. It looks like they once again have some large lineman and we know that MC always has expolsive, speedy skill players. I have to believe they can compete this year in the DAC and in Sectional 9. If not now then when?

Donavan Wilson graduated and will be attending College of the Desert in Palm Desert, California along with JaVarrie Oliver. Wilson will play WR and Oliver DE.

Junior Cevin Crawford will be the Wolves primary WR along with Sophomore's Markice Hurt Jr, and Aryuan Cain-Veasey in the slot.
+Quote Post
backwoods
post Jul 25 2014, 05:00 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 980

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Jul 25 2014, 05:35 PM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Jul 25 2014, 04:41 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Donavan Wilson graduated and will be attending College of the Desert in Palm Desert, California along with JaVarrie Oliver. Wilson will play WR and Oliver DE.

Junior Cevin Crawford will be the Wolves primary WR along with Sophomore's Markice Hurt Jr, and Aryuan Cain-Veasey in the slot.

Tax, seems like you have one or two kids in the program and have more of a feel for what this team is going to be like than anyone else at this time, I guess what are the kids saying at this point? Things going good or too early to get a sense as of yet...
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Jul 25 2014, 06:37 PM
Post #13

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(backwoods @ Jul 25 2014, 06:00 PM) *

Tax, seems like you have one or two kids in the program and have more of a feel for what this team is going to be like than anyone else at this time, I guess what are the kids saying at this point? Things going good or too early to get a sense as of yet...

They will do OK as long as their girlfriends don't break up with them of a member of the other schools winning team.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 25 2014, 07:53 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(backwoods @ Jul 25 2014, 06:00 PM) *

I'm not expecting much, but would love to be proven wrong. I don't see much of a running game or a lot of scary defenders.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Jul 26 2014, 10:54 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

[/quote]

Wow! My mistake about the WR spot. I thought he had another year. So much potential, too bad injuries prevented him from showing his talents. I am not aware of the youngsters you mention above but if they are starters they are probably very talented. It is awful tough to expect them to be very productive if they don't have varsity experience though. I guess the strong point of the team will now shift to the experienced lines and and overall tough D. If the lines can progress I expect an experienced QB and the youngsters to only get better as the season goes along. Like MC Wolves said, here's hoping for a .500 season and a sectional championship. I see wins over Roosevelt, Washington, Chesterton, Valpo and LaPorte. I also expect the Wolves to win their first sectional crown by crushing Mishawaka in an upset route before a huge hostile MC crowd. You heard it here first!

+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Aug 8 2014, 01:34 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Blue-Grey scrimmage tonight, good time to go out and support the team and donate a food item for a good cause.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 8 2014, 02:05 PM
Post #17

I wish I could be there tonight. I will be there in two weeks.
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Aug 8 2014, 08:57 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

I was there tonight and talked to coach too, They have some nice offensive weapons and Washington sure has a great arm. Defense really got after it. The players played really physical. I liked what I saw.
+Quote Post
backwoods
post Aug 8 2014, 09:49 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 980

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Aug 8 2014, 09:57 PM) *

I was there tonight and talked to coach too, They have some nice offensive weapons and Washington sure has a great arm. Defense really got after it. The players played really physical. I liked what I saw.

From what I saw, I can't remmember a City team with that much SPEED from multiple people. All I can say is Wow. The Offense Has ALOT of weapons. And they are young, mostly sophs and Jrs.! The defense struggled to me and couldn't match the speed that the offense has. Looking forward to some friday nights under the lights this year!
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Aug 8 2014, 10:21 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE(backwoods @ Aug 8 2014, 10:49 PM) *

From what I saw, I can't remmember a City team with that much SPEED from multiple people. All I can say is Wow. The Offense Has ALOT of weapons. And they are young, mostly sophs and Jrs.! The defense struggled to me and couldn't match the speed that the offense has. Looking forward to some friday nights under the lights this year!

I agree, I mean, the defense did get after it, but you are right they couldn't match the speed of the offense. Hopefully other teams won't have that much speed on offense, so the defense can show what they can do. Coach says, there goal is 6 wins, and I think they can get there wins all the weapons on offense.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:09 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com