Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RAVE: Swingbelly's
Southsider2k12
post Dec 12 2006, 07:26 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

This has always been one of my favorite places to eat in town. The move from their old cramped locale in Long Beach, to their much roomier spot along the harbor was long overdue, and very welcome. The menu is very solid and affordable, the staff are always nice, and the owner is a stand up guy. If you go, make sure to try to sit in the backroom with a view of the harbor, as it gives a unique look at the lighthouses (both old and new) and the boats moving around. They also have nice outdoor seating for the two days we call "summer" smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Dec 12 2006, 09:27 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

Swing belly's was not in LB. It was at Stop 2, in Sheridan Beach--which is one of the ugliest areas in the city.

From a little experience, I have seen some employees not treated well there, and I suppose that will keep me from ever going.

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Ang
post Dec 12 2006, 12:13 PM
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Last time I ate there, it was me, my two minor children, my boyfriend and his two minor children. The service wasn't that great but a 15% gratuity was automatically added to our bill because we were a party of six. Never mind the fact that four in our party were under the age of 15! Yeah, the food was good and the decor/ambience was nice, but the waitress was inattentive and one time we had to go look for her because she forgot our beverages--brought our food and nothing to drink. Then we had to tip her 15%. Talk about pouring salt in a wound.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Tim
post Jan 11 2007, 04:53 AM
Post #4

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 18

Though I'm a big fan of Swingbelly's I had a disappointing experience there while home for the holidays. They stuck us in the very back room - understandable as they were busy - but it was like we were in no-man's land. I had to get up and walk to the front desk three times to ask where our waitress was. The food was still great - and this won't keep me from going there - but if they should cut out that back room. It has none of the "vibe" of the rest of the restaurant, and they obviously can't service it properly.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Feb 26 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #5

Really Comfortable

Update - regarding my above post - I emailed the owner of Swingbelly's regarding my experience and got a very cordial reply and an big apology. I was hoping for a complimentary dinner - biggrin.gif - but I have a feeling this was an isolated incident. Just didn't want my above post to be my only post about Swingbelly's - a place I still love and WILL eat at the next time I'm in town.
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Feb 27 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 3

I am concerned about things I have heard from employees: Not the best labor relations around.

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Tim
post Feb 28 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #7

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Feb 27 2007, 11:04 AM) *

I am concerned about things I have heard from employees: Not the best labor relations around.

Come on, Roger - dish!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:18 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com