> City gas station owner busted for selling synthetic marijuana
Southsider2k12
post Nov 1 2012, 08:22 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/sbt-g...0,6599574.story

MICHIGAN CITY -- The owner of a gas station near Michigan City is accused of selling synthetic marijuana, a product now banned from being sold at all Indiana stores.

Amarjeet Singh, 26, was arraigned Wednesday in LaPorte Circuit Court on Class D felony dealing a synthetic drug. He could face anywhere from a six-month to three-year sentence.

According to court documents, Singh was caught selling synthetic marijuana from Marathon, a gas station he owns at 450 North and Johnson Road, on two separate occasions in June. Singh allegedly told each of the buyers to ''not to say anything about selling the stuff."

LaPorte Metro Operations Coordinator Kevin Ulam said the synthetic drug has various names, including Mr. Smiley and bath salts. The drug is represented to be incense and other types of supposedly legal products.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 1 2012, 10:11 AM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

La Porte County Sheriff's Office
FAX #(219) 326-1330
EMAIL: jboyd@lcso.in.gov

LAPORTE METRO OPERATIONS PRESS RELEASE

On Tuesday, October 30th, 2012, La Porte County Metro Operations investigators arrested Amarjeet “Bobby” Singh, age 26 at his place of business, the Grocery Shoppe. The Grocery Shoppe is located at 4535 North Wozniak Road in rural Michigan City. Singh is the manager of the business. He was arrested without incident on an arrest warrant that had been issued through La Porte County Circuit Court for Dealing in Synthetic Cannabinoid, a Class D Felony. Singh was transported to the La Porte County Jail where he was processed and has since posted bond and has been released.

This arrest of Singh is the result of ongoing investigations into the sales of illicit substances in La Porte County. The public is encouraged to report suspected drug activity by calling the Metro Operations Unit at (219) 325-9022.

*The charges against the defendants are merely accusations, and the defendants are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Nov 1 2012, 11:16 AM
Post #3

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 929

Grocery Shoppe is a good place to go whenever I get the munchies.
+Quote Post
MCRogers1974
post Nov 1 2012, 07:32 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 968

I went into that place a few years ago to buy gasoline and was amazed how filthy the place was. I figured someone would eat something that came out of that place and would end up dead.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Nov 1 2012, 09:39 PM
Post #5

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 18

QUOTE(MCRogers1974 @ Nov 1 2012, 07:32 PM) *

I went into that place a few years ago to buy gasoline and was amazed how filthy the place was. I figured someone would eat something that came out of that place and would end up dead.

They will.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:12 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com