Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Citybythelake radio show thread
Southsider2k12
post Sep 27 2009, 08:07 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I have a very special announcement to make. Citybythelake.org is going to be expanding past the internet, into the more traditional voice of radio. I have come to an agreement with WIMS radio to bring the perspective of Citybythelake to the radio. I will be hosting a weekly show on Sunday nights from 5 to 6 pm to talk about the topics and news which affect our lives directly as residents of Michigan City. I plan on taking topics directly from the website and expanding off of them into details on the air. I am hoping to have many people call in and offer their thoughts on them. WIMS was excited enough about what goes on here to approach me and give me a wide open format to being the same magic from here onto the airwaves of this area.

To avoid the same old ranting show, I do plan on taking a more historical and big picture perspective of events around us to really delve into what really is the best thing for Michigan City going forward in the future. Just like this website, I also plan on positive news being just as big of a consideration for discussion as any "bad" news. Expect to hear plenty of discussion on the Wolves football team's record run for example. I also want to get relevant guests to any situation that merits them.

And as always, I want to hear your opinions on this issue. Is this a good thing for Citybythelake? Is it a bad thing? I also would like to hear what people would like to hear discussed on the air, even if it is something posted on the website as an idea.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
edgeywood
post Sep 28 2009, 06:42 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 330

QUOTE(southsider2k9 @ Sep 27 2009, 09:07 AM) *

I have a very special announcement to make. Citybythelake.org is going to be expanding past the internet, into the more traditional voice of radio. I have come to an agreement with WIMS radio to bring the perspective of Citybythelake to the radio. .....

....And as always, I want to hear your opinions on this issue. Is this a good thing for Citybythelake? Is it a bad thing? I also would like to hear what people would like to hear discussed on the air, even if it is something posted on the website as an idea.

This is great news for CBTL and for anyone in the local listening area. We need more local news outlets.

I would like to hear local and state issues discussed. There are plenty of venues for national and international topics, but little chance to discuss and hear about what is going on in LaPorte County and the state.

Looking forward to more local programming on WIMS!
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 28 2009, 07:42 AM
Post #3

That actually is my plan. Much like the website, I don't get into the national/international news unless something is really compelling. My feeling is that our niche is completely what is going on here. I agree that it is very underserved.
+Quote Post
Homey
post Sep 29 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 826

Great news! I wish you would be on Saturday morning as well. smile.gif I'm pretty tired of the dog and pony show and I would really welcome an alternative smile.gif

Signature Bar
Nothing is worth more than this day!
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 30 2009, 01:23 PM
Post #5

I am kicking around topics for week one...

I think the big thing I want to hit on is the MCAS Superintendents situation... past, present, and future.

Any other topics that people would like to hear about?
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 4 2009, 01:56 PM
Post #6

Tonight is the debut for the show. Tune in after 5 pm (the news takes 5-6 minutes) to listen. I am planning on doing an introduction of myself and the website first. A perspective on the year in City sports, and then turning an eye to the Superintendent position. We'll see if there is time for anything else, and of course your phone calls at 861-1632.
+Quote Post
Michelle
post Oct 5 2009, 08:05 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 787

Good job on the show, southsider! I listened to the first part of the broadcast until a phone call interrupted.

Nice comments from edgeywood as well smile.gif
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 7 2009, 08:03 PM
Post #8

I am already into the planning stages for this weeks show. I do have a confirmed guest coming into the studio with me for a part of the show. Keith Harris is going to visit and talk about the TEA Party, and a few other subjects I am sure.

I also plan on talking about the 50 anniversary celebration for the Michigan City Scholarship Foundation. If you haven't heard of it, you are going to hear a lot more in the coming weeks, both right here, and in the other media outlets in Michigan City.

I am also planning on talking about the incident at Reilly's that has been made famous by the YouTube video. Is the incident proof of racism, an overzealous bouncer, or just a day of work in the bouncing field? So far most have felt at least that the incident was too much violence, if not out right racism. Tune in Sunday at 5pm to talk more. If you want to jump in on a topic, the number is 861-1632, or you can post your thoughts here, and let me know to read them on the air.

As always if there are other topics we should hit, just let me know!
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 18 2009, 01:46 PM
Post #9

It is mainly going to be a week dedicated to the trails and tribulations of the MCAS this week on the radio. We have the potential 8 million plus dollar shortfall, the H1N1 cases and debates, not to mention how the new Superintendent and school boards could shape lots of some very big decisions in the future.
+Quote Post
Dave
post Oct 18 2009, 02:16 PM
Post #10

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 482

QUOTE(southsider2k9 @ Oct 18 2009, 02:46 PM) *

It is mainly going to be a week dedicated to the trails and tribulations of the MCAS this week on the radio. We have the potential 8 million plus dollar shortfall, the H1N1 cases and debates, not to mention how the new Superintendent and school boards could shape lots of some very big decisions in the future.

If I may be so bold, I like the idea of your posting what you think your topic of the week is going to be in this thread.

As for this week's topic, I'm predicting a firestorm. I'll be listening from the sidelines!

Are the shows archived online, or do we have to listen live?

Oops, I just found the 10/4 file on the WIMS website. I guess the 10/11 show isn't up yet.

This post has been edited by Dave: Oct 18 2009, 02:24 PM
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 18 2009, 02:47 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Dave @ Oct 18 2009, 03:16 PM) *

If I may be so bold, I like the idea of your posting what you think your topic of the week is going to be in this thread.

As for this week's topic, I'm predicting a firestorm. I'll be listening from the sidelines!

Are the shows archived online, or do we have to listen live?

Oops, I just found the 10/4 file on the WIMS website. I guess the 10/11 show isn't up yet.

I want people to know in advance, especially if I am going to touch on something they want to talk about. I want people to call in with their feelings, facts, and opinions on this stuff. Knowing what is going on around us is the key to improving our community going forward.
+Quote Post
Dave
post Oct 18 2009, 05:06 PM
Post #12

Really Comfortable

I was listening tonight. I think you made a good point about the failure of the vocational center referendum -- more debt would be the last thing MCAS needs.

So you want to do the NICTD project next week?
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 18 2009, 05:14 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Dave @ Oct 18 2009, 06:06 PM) *

I was listening tonight. I think you made a good point about the failure of the vocational center referendum -- more debt would be the last thing MCAS needs.

So you want to do the NICTD project next week?

I'd love to have you. message/email me about how you want to do the details (in-studio/on phone...full show/partial show) It is totally up to you how much you want to do of the hour.
+Quote Post
Dave
post Oct 25 2009, 12:32 PM
Post #14

Really Comfortable

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

On WIMS, 1420 on your AM radio dial!

Michael Gresham and some other guy discuss the future of the South Shore Railroad. Should it stay where it is, or move to another location? What would NICTD's proposed realignment plan mean for Michigan City?

Tune in today from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. to listen to the discussion! And call in to voice your opinion at (219) 861-1632!!!

This post has been edited by Dave: Oct 25 2009, 12:33 PM
+Quote Post
Dave
post Oct 25 2009, 05:43 PM
Post #15

Really Comfortable

So, were any of you guys listening?
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 26 2009, 07:55 AM
Post #16

Big thanks to both Joe and Dave! It was a great show, and a lot of very important topics and ideas got discussed.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 29 2009, 01:50 PM
Post #17

Trying to get ideas for this weeks show? What do people want to hear/talk about?
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 29 2009, 09:24 PM
Post #18

One thing I am working on is the Splash Pad debacle.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 5 2009, 08:41 PM
Post #19

This week's first guest is lined up. We are going to have Pines Town Council VP George Adey on to talk about the census in 2010. I am still working on the rest of the show, and am open to suggestions.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 8 2009, 11:08 AM
Post #20

QUOTE(southsider2k9 @ Nov 5 2009, 08:41 PM) *

This week's first guest is lined up. We are going to have Pines Town Council VP George Adey on to talk about the census in 2010. I am still working on the rest of the show, and am open to suggestions.

Focusing in this week a little more closely...

Public Access TV debate, Veteran's Day locally, A Day in the Life, and some talk about the Ft Hood tragedy. Tune in 5-6 pm on WIMS radio AM 1420 or stream at WIMSradio.com
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:47 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com