> School Board Election???
taxthedeer
post Aug 22 2014, 12:44 PM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 929

Deadline to file was at noon today.

I've read that Mr. Burgwald is running for reelection to one of the three civil city seats and Tom Dombkowski and Dennis Metheny is running for the one at -large seat.

I would have considered running for a civil city seat if only three elder incumbents (Burgwald, Kintzle and Edwards filed. But I did not not close on my house in town until November 23rd and do not meet residency requirements to file at-large and no longer reside in an at-large district which prevents me from being on the ballot.

It is very discouraging to me that there is no qualified candidates closer my age or younger interested in serving on our school board.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 22 2014, 01:03 PM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Funny, there were tons of experts on how to make cuts for the school system only six months ago!
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 23 2014, 05:00 PM
Post #3

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Aug 22 2014, 02:03 PM) *

Funny, there were tons of experts on how to make cuts for the school system only six months ago!

If there is nothing in the paper by Monday I will check at the clerks office and find out who will be on the ballot.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 24 2014, 05:26 PM
Post #4

Really Comfortable

Jim Kintzele has decided not to run for re-election. Thank you for your years of service Mr. Kintzele.

I am going to only vote for Ronald Landtroop for civil city because that is like voting for him twice since I am giving him one vote and taking one away from the other three candidates and will vote for Tom Dombkowski for the at-large seat.

Candidates are:

Civil City (3 Seats up for election)
Beryle Burgwald
Theresa Edwards
Ronald Landtroop
Beth Pishkur

At-Large (One seat up for election)
Dennis Metheny
Tom Dombkowski

http://www.thenewsdispatch.com/news/articl...1a4bcf887a.html

Kintzele does not file for sixth term on MCAS board
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2014 5:22 pm
By RICHARD CHAMBERS Staff Writer | 0 comments
MICHIGAN CITY — James L. Kintzele Sr. has decided not to run for a sixth four-year term on the Michigan City Area Schools Board of Trustees.
He currently seves as vice president of the board and has been its vice president, at various times, for nine years, according to Betsy Kohn, MCAS communications director. At others times, he served as president for eight non-consecutive years.
Kintzele said he is not ready to retire but wants to move on from the board.
Beryle Burgwald, who has worked with Kintzele on the board since the 2006 election, also worked with Kintzele for eight years on the Common Council.
Kintzele served on the council for four years and then ran for mayor in 1971, the same year Burgwald first ran for the council. Kintzele was unsuccessful in his mayoral campaign and returned to the council in the 1975 election, Burgwald said.
Burgwald said he and Kintzele did not always work well together when they were on the council, but they have worked well together since Burgwald joined the MCAS board after 2006.
They joined forces a few years ago to support a reading retention program against the wish of Superintendent Michael Harding, Burgwald said, including the effort as a key accomplishment of their work together. By a 4-3 vote, the board implemented the program, which required that third-grade students who failed the ISTEP reading test would have to retake third grade unless they passed a remedial reading program in the summer.
Burgwald believes the board was ahead of the rest of the state, because Indiana implemented a statewide third-grade reading retention program in 2013.
Kintzele declined to endorse any of the candidates to take his seat on the board because the voters should decide for themselves, he said.
At-large representative Beth Pishkur has decided to run for a civil city seat, and Ronald Landtroop has filed to run for a civil city seat.
Civil city representatives Theresa Edwards and Burgwald have filed for re-election.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 24 2014, 09:51 PM
Post #5

Ugh. What a depressing list.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 25 2014, 12:17 PM
Post #6

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Aug 24 2014, 10:51 PM) *

Ugh. What a depressing list.

There is another candidate running for the at-large seat running against Domkowski and Metheny but I did not catch his/her name. They said they are a newcomer to the school board elections. Hopefully it will be a much younger candidate as well.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 25 2014, 01:00 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Aug 25 2014, 01:17 PM) *

There is another candidate running for the at-large seat running against Domkowski and Metheny but I did not catch his/her name. They said they are a newcomer to the school board elections. Hopefully it will be a much younger candidate as well.

Dylan Justice. Recent MCHS grad I believe.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 25 2014, 03:28 PM
Post #8

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Aug 25 2014, 02:00 PM) *

Dylan Justice. Recent MCHS grad I believe.

Hope to find out more about him. He will probably get my vote.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:46 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com