Southsider2k12
post Feb 21 2008, 01:02 PM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=50534.33

Kirkham To Seek At-Large Council Seat
LA PORTE - Cary Kirkham, La Porte, is seeking the Republican nomination for one of the La Porte County Council at-large seats.

Kirkham, a lifelong La Porte County resident, attended Stillwell High School, graduated from La Porte High School and attended Purdue University. He served in the U.S. Marine Corps and was wounded and decorated for heroism while serving in Vietnam.

Kirkham retired from NIPSCO after 33 years and has been a volunteer assistant boys basketball coach for the past 12 years at Kesling Middle School and now at La Porte High School.

He has participated in the park department softball leagues for many years and is a community activist. He and his wife have taken a number of short-term foreign mission trips as well.

"I believe I can help lead La Porte County into the 21st century," Kirkham said in a press release. "We need to make this county more business friendly, which leads to more jobs. Not only in the manufacturing and warehousing side, but also in the retail side.

"Our young people are looking to see what opportunities are available, and there isn't much to keep them here or draw them back.

"I would work with all local entities, not only in the private sector, but also with local governments to make this a thriving, welcoming county, and to bring these groups together to work as one force. Making La Porte County a place residents will be proud to call home and proud to tell others about."

He and his wife, Sharon, a former La Porte City councilwoman, have a married son and three grandsons.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:16 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com