3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Michigan City Football 2015
backwoods
post Oct 9 2015, 12:42 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 980

Keys for the Laporte game as I see them. Can this struggling defense slow down the misdirection grind it out run game that Laporte has and can the running backs hold on to the football. Been way too many turnovers this year and way too many big plays given up on defense.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Oct 9 2015, 09:56 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,324

LaPorte 41 Michigan City 26. City is getting better but dug itself to deep of an early hole to get out of and LaPorte had too many long runs. City did show fight though. After falling down 15-0. It was 26-26 the rest of the way. City travels to Crown Point next week for the regular season finale. Sectional draw is Sunday down in Indy.
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Oct 11 2015, 05:41 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

City drew a bye and will travel to the Elkhart Memorial S.B Adams winner as according to ihsaa. The bye team is always the visitor.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 11 2015, 06:11 PM
Post #44

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Oct 11 2015, 06:41 PM) *

City drew a bye and will travel to the Elkhart Memorial S.B Adams winner as according to ihsaa. The bye team is always the visitor.

Adams at 5-3, is the most probable opponent.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 16 2015, 08:33 PM
Post #45

The Wolves get a Pick 6 from Dylan Jenson, plus TD's from Hurt and Cain-Veasey to win the regular season finale on the road at Crown Point 20 to 19. The Wolves are off for the first weekend of Sectionals and will play their Sectional game on October 30.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Oct 31 2015, 11:02 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 999

Looking toward next season regardless of changes that may or may not happen with the staff, I see the MC Wolves as a favorite next season to win a 5A sectional and they should also be one of the favorites to win the DAC. They have their flaws and are thin at some spots but they have enough skill guys coming back to be dangerous. That cannot be said about most of the others in the conference which wasn't very strong this year at all.
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Oct 31 2015, 11:24 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Oct 31 2015, 12:02 PM) *

Looking toward next season regardless of changes that may or may not happen with the staff, I see the MC Wolves as a favorite next season to win a 5A sectional and they should also be one of the favorites to win the DAC. They have their flaws and are thin at some spots but they have enough skill guys coming back to be dangerous. That cannot be said about most of the others in the conference which wasn't very strong this year at all.

Most of the skills players are coming back. Hopefully we will have it in the trenches because thats where the wolves win or lose every year. I'm not sure if I'd call then sectional or DAC favorites but I do think the wolves will be better as the twin backs will be seniors and should have big years.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 2 2015, 07:06 PM
Post #48

Karpinski is resigning.
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Nov 3 2015, 09:25 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Any names that could possibly be the new coach?
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 3 2015, 11:07 AM
Post #50

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Nov 3 2015, 09:25 AM) *

Any names that could possibly be the new coach?

No idea what to expect. Ken Bye was an assistant this year, no idea if he is a candidate or not.

Other than that, this is one of the first coaches that the new AD will handle hiring, so there is no history to see what he is thinking.

Plus Karp is staying on board at MCHS to be Ast AD, plus strength and conditioning teacher/coach. I imagine he will have some say.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Nov 3 2015, 06:22 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 999

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Nov 3 2015, 11:07 AM) *

No idea what to expect. Ken Bye was an assistant this year, no idea if he is a candidate or not.

Other than that, this is one of the first coaches that the new AD will handle hiring, so there is no history to see what he is thinking.

Plus Karp is staying on board at MCHS to be Ast AD, plus strength and conditioning teacher/coach. I imagine he will have some say.

A couple of comments on this: 1) Karp staying on as the strength and conditioning coach would be a mistake. Not only has his teams been poor in both of these areas more importantly it would undermine the new coach. 2) Ken Bye. . .sorry move on. Get me a coach with a pulse and give someone with some youth a chance. 3) For whatever reason Karp didn't get the job done. I assume it would have been resign or be fired anyway. I'm not sure if you have anyone else on the staff who could take over but maybe you need to move outside of the system altogether. No sectional wins in about 10 years.

Whoever takes over has their work cut out for them, however if you have a chance for respectibiity it would be next season. I don't think the talent is as good as they get talked up but it is hard to argue the fact that you have quite a few starters coming back.
+Quote Post
backwoods
post Nov 3 2015, 10:02 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 980

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Nov 3 2015, 06:22 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
A couple of comments on this: 1) Karp staying on as the strength and conditioning coach would be a mistake. Not only has his teams been poor in both of these areas more importantly it would undermine the new coach. 2) Ken Bye. . .sorry move on. Get me a coach with a pulse and give someone with some youth a chance. 3) For whatever reason Karp didn't get the job done. I assume it would have been resign or be fired anyway. I'm not sure if you have anyone else on the staff who could take over but maybe you need to move outside of the system altogether. No sectional wins in about 10 years.

Whoever takes over has their work cut out for them, however if you have a chance for respectibiity it would be next season. I don't think the talent is as good as they get talked up but it is hard to argue the fact that you have quite a few starters coming back.
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more with you on your last paragraph. The talent isn't all that is talked up. Plus you are correct that this year was FILLED with under class-man playing on Friday nights. Next year there will be players with Friday night experience under their belts.

Now the big issues will be getting them to play within the new coaches systems. I have heard countless times from players on last seasons team that there were a lot of "ME" Players. A lot of kids that really didn't work that hard Saturday thru Thursday to get better for Friday. And going to the NAC is not what I am talking about here. The kids would tell me how frustrated some of the coaching staff was with the players not doing what they were suppose to do. It all got me to thinking about the bigger picture. In order for the program to actually turnaround, I think the change needs to happen at home and in the stands first. The parents need to let the kids play and the coaches coach! I can't tell you how many times I sat in the stands on a Friday or on a Saturday morning these past two years and seen parents telling their kids what they need to do. Yes they actually told their kids to come over to them and told them what to do out on the field. How does that help 11 kids that need to play as one work together. Do you really know what they are trying to do out there so that you are on the same page as the coaches as well as the other 10 kids on the field? And what message are you sending to that child, listen to me because Your coach is wrong. That's what it sends. It got so bad in the stands that on one Saturday morning (Crown Point JV Game)a parent was calling out other parents players. A near by parent had heard enough and went running after him. If not for a couple of parents a fight would have started because they went after each other. Yep another proud moment.

After thinking about the talent issue I asked myself who were some of the best rb's i have seen in the past 10 or so years. While the two from this year show signs that they can be good. They don't make my top 3 list.

5. Jackson- Kid was a down hill in your face brute. He went on to play at Northern Illinois. At LB that is how tuff this kid was.
4. Veasey-shows at times he can make great plays. I just don't see him going hard all the time. One thing that makes me wonder is if he is as good as billed, why was there other rbs out there getting the ball at starts of a game instead of him. Or getting the ball for the go ahead td against Portage.
3. Ryan Ficks-This kid ran hard all the time. Had a heart like a dinosaur. His players loved him because of his work ethic. I still have the run etched in my head of the 99 yard TD he ran against Chesterton. He collapsed in the end zone from exhaustion and a leg injury. His lineman carried him to the bench! Not the coaches or the trainers, His lineman! That's respect.
2. Charles Salary-Yes he is from LaPorte but i talked to alot of people over there in the know. This kid worked harder on Monday thru Thursday than anyone else. Working out- watching film and in the off season than anyone they have ever seen. Its why things looked easy for him on Friday nights. And he did it against really good teams. He was a true student of the game as one parent told me. His numbers speak for themselves and he will be the first one to tell you why he got them. Hint-OL. I saw him thank his OL each time he scored or had a big run. It was really something to watch that kid play. A parent said he got the ball 80% of the time. 80% that is a huge number.
1. Adam Harmon- This kid had a heart of a dinosaur too. He had too. This kid NEVER came off the field. Offense, Defense, Special Teams. The kid probably made the Gatorade before the game and during half time as well. The only thing that stopped him was an illness at the end of the season. Without him in sectionals, the team spiraled against Goshen in the Playoffs. No other kid has played as much or as hard or meant so much to the total team aspect as him that i have ever seen. Yes he had a really really good line in front of him. But with that said his back up was a really good runner too and they struggled badly against Goshen. Can't think of his name. Had dreadlocks. But the total package was Harmon. He had some of the best on the field instincts I can recall.
+Quote Post
MCwolves
post Nov 5 2015, 09:46 AM
Post #53

Getting Comfortable

Member No.: 1,326

QUOTE(backwoods @ Nov 3 2015, 11:02 PM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Nov 3 2015, 06:22 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I couldn't agree more with you on your last paragraph. The talent isn't all that is talked up. Plus you are correct that this year was FILLED with under class-man playing on Friday nights. Next year there will be players with Friday night experience under their belts.

Now the big issues will be getting them to play within the new coaches systems. I have heard countless times from players on last seasons team that there were a lot of "ME" Players. A lot of kids that really didn't work that hard Saturday thru Thursday to get better for Friday. And going to the NAC is not what I am talking about here. The kids would tell me how frustrated some of the coaching staff was with the players not doing what they were suppose to do. It all got me to thinking about the bigger picture. In order for the program to actually turnaround, I think the change needs to happen at home and in the stands first. The parents need to let the kids play and the coaches coach! I can't tell you how many times I sat in the stands on a Friday or on a Saturday morning these past two years and seen parents telling their kids what they need to do. Yes they actually told their kids to come over to them and told them what to do out on the field. How does that help 11 kids that need to play as one work together. Do you really know what they are trying to do out there so that you are on the same page as the coaches as well as the other 10 kids on the field? And what message are you sending to that child, listen to me because Your coach is wrong. That's what it sends. It got so bad in the stands that on one Saturday morning (Crown Point JV Game)a parent was calling out other parents players. A near by parent had heard enough and went running after him. If not for a couple of parents a fight would have started because they went after each other. Yep another proud moment.

After thinking about the talent issue I asked myself who were some of the best rb's i have seen in the past 10 or so years. While the two from this year show signs that they can be good. They don't make my top 3 list.

5. Jackson- Kid was a down hill in your face brute. He went on to play at Northern Illinois. At LB that is how tuff this kid was.
4. Veasey-shows at times he can make great plays. I just don't see him going hard all the time. One thing that makes me wonder is if he is as good as billed, why was there other rbs out there getting the ball at starts of a game instead of him. Or getting the ball for the go ahead td against Portage.
3. Ryan Ficks-This kid ran hard all the time. Had a heart like a dinosaur. His players loved him because of his work ethic. I still have the run etched in my head of the 99 yard TD he ran against Chesterton. He collapsed in the end zone from exhaustion and a leg injury. His lineman carried him to the bench! Not the coaches or the trainers, His lineman! That's respect.
2. Charles Salary-Yes he is from LaPorte but i talked to alot of people over there in the know. This kid worked harder on Monday thru Thursday than anyone else. Working out- watching film and in the off season than anyone they have ever seen. Its why things looked easy for him on Friday nights. And he did it against really good teams. He was a true student of the game as one parent told me. His numbers speak for themselves and he will be the first one to tell you why he got them. Hint-OL. I saw him thank his OL each time he scored or had a big run. It was really something to watch that kid play. A parent said he got the ball 80% of the time. 80% that is a huge number.
1. Adam Harmon- This kid had a heart of a dinosaur too. He had too. This kid NEVER came off the field. Offense, Defense, Special Teams. The kid probably made the Gatorade before the game and during half time as well. The only thing that stopped him was an illness at the end of the season. Without him in sectionals, the team spiraled against Goshen in the Playoffs. No other kid has played as much or as hard or meant so much to the total team aspect as him that i have ever seen. Yes he had a really really good line in front of him. But with that said his back up was a really good runner too and they struggled badly against Goshen. Can't think of his name. Had dreadlocks. But the total package was Harmon. He had some of the best on the field instincts I can recall.

I would switch #1 and #3. When Ficks was playing the offense had no passing game at all. He accomplished what he did with every defense stuffing the line. Although I would say that Ficks had a very good line in front of him. Harmon was a very gifted athlete and would of been able to play D1 ball if it wasn't for academics.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:47 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com