> Michigan City High School Football 2013
Jesse B
post Sep 8 2013, 06:29 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 999

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Sep 8 2013, 03:17 PM) *

Part of that is KYP. Washington was underthrowing the ball most of the night. Even the first TD to Kaletha was underthrown, he just got lucky with the bounce off of the DB.

The thing is in that situation, you don't need high reward. You need to run clock. If you don't get the first, you pin them back with needing to go 80-90 yards in about five minutes.

I agree Southsider but what is done is done now. I would be curious if the newspaper asked the coach who made that call to throw in the first place. Does Coach Karp make that call or the O-Coordinator? The defense had only given up 14 points up until that time(one on a short field) and had a couple of turnovers and the d-line had been getting pressure on the QB. I agree there is a time to be high risk and a time to kill the clock and get out with a W. No real good reason to push the issue and win by 24. If I remember right Coach Synder called off the dogs a few years ago in a sectional game so there cannot be any built up animosity towards our neighbors to the west for having run up the score in the past. My take on reading the N-D and the Times is no one thought it was possible for the Trojans to come back down 17 with less than a quarter to go and the Wolves deep in Chesterton territory but the impossible did happen. MC will do better next week when the big playmaker WR gets back from injury.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 8 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #62

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Sep 8 2013, 07:29 PM) *

I agree Southsider but what is done is done now. I would be curious if the newspaper asked the coach who made that call to throw in the first place. Does Coach Karp make that call or the O-Coordinator? The defense had only given up 14 points up until that time(one on a short field) and had a couple of turnovers and the d-line had been getting pressure on the QB. I agree there is a time to be high risk and a time to kill the clock and get out with a W. No real good reason to push the issue and win by 24. If I remember right Coach Synder called off the dogs a few years ago in a sectional game so there cannot be any built up animosity towards our neighbors to the west for having run up the score in the past. My take on reading the N-D and the Times is no one thought it was possible for the Trojans to come back down 17 with less than a quarter to go and the Wolves deep in Chesterton territory but the impossible did happen. MC will do better next week when the big playmaker WR gets back from injury.

Donnie Wilson did play against Chesterton.
+Quote Post
MCRAVEN
post Sep 8 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #63

Getting Comfortable

Member No.: 1,280

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Sep 8 2013, 07:29 PM) *

Donnie Wilson played this week on every offensive play. He was thrown the ball on multiple occasions including the slant that hit him in the hands and bounced into trojans DBs hand. He will have a explosive game when he gets back to game speed. As far as who called that play it is on the OC. My biased opinion is that the game was called well on both sides of the ball. Coach Karp can overrule any call I am sure, but It looks like they work together pretty well. Everyone will learn from this game. TRUST ME in saying that this team is even more determined now. These kids believe in what they are doing this year and are on a mission. This will be a interesting week on the road in Valpo.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 9 2013, 09:25 AM
Post #64

QUOTE(MCRAVEN @ Sep 8 2013, 08:13 PM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Sep 8 2013, 07:29 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Donnie Wilson played this week on every offensive play. He was thrown the ball on multiple occasions including the slant that hit him in the hands and bounced into trojans DBs hand. He will have a explosive game when he gets back to game speed. As far as who called that play it is on the OC. My biased opinion is that the game was called well on both sides of the ball. Coach Karp can overrule any call I am sure, but It looks like they work together pretty well. Everyone will learn from this game. TRUST ME in saying that this team is even more determined now. These kids believe in what they are doing this year and are on a mission. This will be a interesting week on the road in Valpo.

I've got no problem giving Donnie a pass for that game. I know he will be beating himself up for letting that INT go through his hands, but the kid has had no game action this year. He'll be fine.

It is also strange to say, but after watching this game, I think City can play with any DAC team this year. There are things to still work on for sure, but the fruits of the last two years are starting to payoff.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 9 2013, 02:07 PM
Post #65

Even after the heartbreaking loss to Chesterton, the Wolves are still ranked #11 in the latest IBCA poll for football, in 5A, and #16 in the AP poll.

http://indianahsfootball.homestead.com/files/topten5A.htm
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 12 2013, 07:44 PM
Post #66

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 929

City freshmen team loses to Chesterton 19-14 tonight at Ames Field. Wolves score a first quarter 50 yard touchdown pass from quarterback Jimmy Henrich to Tight end Darnell Johnson in the 1st quarter. Michigan City added their second touchdown on running back Aryuan Cain-Veasey's 30 yard touchdown run and two point conversion plunge in the 4th quarter.

Four turnovers, a couple untimely penalties and the inability to defensively contain the Trojans option ground attack cost the Wolves a victory. Michigan City Frosh squad record falls to 1-2 overall and are 0-1 in the Duneland Conference.

The 9th graders will travel to Valparaiso to take on the Vikings next Thursday night beginning at 6PM.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 13 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #67

Final score 17-7 Valpo.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 14 2013, 06:15 PM
Post #68

All of the DAC is either 0-2 or 2-0 in conference play.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 19 2013, 07:58 PM
Post #69

Really Comfortable

City freshmen team loses to Valpo 14-0 tonight at Viking Field.

Wolves offense only generated two second half first downs the entire game.

Freshmen record falls to 1-3 overall and a winless 0-2 in the DAC.

Michigan City freshmen will host Merrillville next Thursday night beginning at 6PM at Ames Field.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 20 2013, 02:34 PM
Post #70

Homecoming tonight at Ames Field!
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 21 2013, 12:30 PM
Post #71

Really Comfortable

City JV loses to Merrillville 42-14 this morning at Demaree Stadium.

Wolves took an early 8-7 lead on an interception return for a touchdown and two point conversion and added a 3rd quarter touchdown pass early in the 3rd quarter.

JV team will host Lake Central next Saturday morning at 10AM at Ames Field.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 23 2013, 01:51 PM
Post #72

I'm not sure what happened, but this team hasn't been the same since the 4th quarter of the Chesterton game. I get the defense has some holes, but man oh man, the offense is just gone. 14 points in 9 quarters of play isn't good with that kind of talent. Also a lot of bad penalties. They don't have that kind of margin for error against good teams.
+Quote Post
big schwag
post Sep 24 2013, 08:11 AM
Post #73

Member No.: 1,287

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Sep 23 2013, 02:51 PM) *

I'm not sure what happened, but this team hasn't been the same since the 4th quarter of the Chesterton game. I get the defense has some holes, but man oh man, the offense is just gone. 14 points in 9 quarters of play isn't good with that kind of talent. Also a lot of bad penalties. They don't have that kind of margin for error against good teams.

They dont have the talent to compete in the DAC and this is very obvious the last few games.they get manhandled up front every game. No team speed no size cant compete. I knew the defense might struggle a little bit this year if you look at the roster they only have 3 seniors starting the rest are sophs and juniors. They look small and weak and cant stop the run although the dline has been getting sacks this year. The offense has 7 seniors they are suppose to have two good recievers returning a few olineman qb and backs so far they have been horrible in dac play. Do they have a sled there cuz they cant drive block and run the ball. Its lloks like all they throw is deep passes idk why they cant block. Cant washington is good or bad cuz hes running for his life and wings passes up. And they have lc cp and portage coming up hope we can score but i expect more of the same unfortunatly. Thought we might have a chance against these teams cuz tthey arent that good but at this rate they wont even beat laporte. They are going gey kicked out of the dac cuz they cant compete in any sport
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 24 2013, 08:41 AM
Post #74

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(big schwag @ Sep 24 2013, 09:11 AM) *

They are going gey kicked out of the dac cuz they cant compete in any sport

I agree with big schwag. There is has been some scuttlebutt that Michigan City, La Porte and New Prairie may join the NIC and form a 12 school conference consisting of two divisions.

Whenever Michigan City is mentioned outside of this area, inevitably these other communities come immediately to mind:

South Bend
Elkhart
Gary
Hammond
East Chicago

Fair or not, that is the natural correlation. The public high schools from these communities would give Michigan City a much more competitive balance in athletics.

The DAC is a "suburban" conference, while the NIC is a "city" conference. City seems to be a more natural fit for the NIC.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 24 2013, 09:16 AM
Post #75

QUOTE(big schwag @ Sep 24 2013, 09:11 AM) *

They dont have the talent to compete in the DAC and this is very obvious the last few games.they get manhandled up front every game. No team speed no size cant compete. I knew the defense might struggle a little bit this year if you look at the roster they only have 3 seniors starting the rest are sophs and juniors. They look small and weak and cant stop the run although the dline has been getting sacks this year. The offense has 7 seniors they are suppose to have two good recievers returning a few olineman qb and backs so far they have been horrible in dac play. Do they have a sled there cuz they cant drive block and run the ball. Its lloks like all they throw is deep passes idk why they cant block. Cant washington is good or bad cuz hes running for his life and wings passes up. And they have lc cp and portage coming up hope we can score but i expect more of the same unfortunatly. Thought we might have a chance against these teams cuz tthey arent that good but at this rate they wont even beat laporte. They are going gey kicked out of the dac cuz they cant compete in any sport

City competes in other sports for sure. Ask the basketball and tennis teams.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 24 2013, 09:56 AM
Post #76

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Sep 24 2013, 10:16 AM) *

City competes in other sports for sure. Ask the basketball and tennis teams.

Michigan City girls' tennis is in a 4 team sectional (Marquette, La Porte, New Prairie being the others). They have to win 2 matches to win the sectional and one team in that sectional is 9 times smaller than them.

In Football all Michigan City gets are 10 games and a scrimmage.

+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 24 2013, 10:18 AM
Post #77

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Sep 24 2013, 09:41 AM) *

I agree with big schwag. There is has been some scuttlebutt that Michigan City, La Porte and New Prairie may join the NIC and form a 12 school conference consisting of two divisions.

Whenever Michigan City is mentioned outside of this area, inevitably these other communities come immediately to mind:

South Bend
Elkhart
Gary
Hammond
East Chicago

Fair or not, that is the natural correlation. The public high schools from these communities would give Michigan City a much more competitive balance in athletics.

The DAC is a "suburban" conference, while the NIC is a "city" conference. City seems to be a more natural fit for the NIC.

I had not heard NP in the expanded NIC discussions. That would be an odd duck for the NIC, though I guess most of the NIC schools have been shrinking to the point where they are getting closer to NP size.
+Quote Post
big schwag
post Sep 24 2013, 11:52 AM
Post #78

Member No.: 1,287

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Sep 24 2013, 11:51 AM) *

I don't agree with you Tax or Big Schwag. MC should be able to compete this year. You can't tell me Chesterton or Valpo were better teams than MC. Merrillville is not 47 points better than MC either. Coaching comes in many forms, game planning, off-season work and game time decisions. Against Chesterton MC suffered from game time decisions in the 4th quarter. Against Valpo, the week of game planning Valpo won that battle. On offense they basically ran the same plays and MC either physically was not capable of adjusting or couldn't come up with an adjustment to stop a below average Valpo offense. Valpo in turn decided to double team one WR and the QB and the coaches couldn't adjust. How did Buzea win games or atleast be competitive in most others? Did things fall that far off in what 4 seasons? There is talent on the MC team. Honestly I don't think they work at it enough. Who's fault is that? You need everyone working hard! You can't coddle kids who you talk up as leaders and D-1 talent. You can't afford to lose "practice" games either. MC should also be able to play with the remaining teams on their schedule and in the post-season. I don't believe the High School kids in LaPorte, Lake Central, Crown Point, Portage, South Bend Adams, Munster or Mishawaka are anymore gifted than the kids in MC. I don't buy it!

They won cause they had two all state guys in issacs and harmon. Issacs is at purdue another lineman went d2 ferris state and another went to wabash. Probably more guys played college too and With all that talent they barely were above 500 they went 6-5. Thats not very good thats just mediocre and it was the best season ever.theres no d1 guys or all state guys on this team. Hopefully they man up and get going in time for sectionals
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 24 2013, 12:06 PM
Post #79

QUOTE(big schwag @ Sep 24 2013, 12:52 PM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Sep 24 2013, 11:51 AM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
I don't agree with you Tax or Big Schwag. MC should be able to compete this year. You can't tell me Chesterton or Valpo were better teams than MC. Merrillville is not 47 points better than MC either. Coaching comes in many forms, game planning, off-season work and game time decisions. Against Chesterton MC suffered from game time decisions in the 4th quarter. Against Valpo, the week of game planning Valpo won that battle. On offense they basically ran the same plays and MC either physically was not capable of adjusting or couldn't come up with an adjustment to stop a below average Valpo offense. Valpo in turn decided to double team one WR and the QB and the coaches couldn't adjust. How did Buzea win games or atleast be competitive in most others? Did things fall that far off in what 4 seasons? There is talent on the MC team. Honestly I don't think they work at it enough. Who's fault is that? You need everyone working hard! You can't coddle kids who you talk up as leaders and D-1 talent. You can't afford to lose "practice" games either. MC should also be able to play with the remaining teams on their schedule and in the post-season. I don't believe the High School kids in LaPorte, Lake Central, Crown Point, Portage, South Bend Adams, Munster or Mishawaka are anymore gifted than the kids in MC. I don't buy it!

They won cause they had two all state guys in issacs and harmon. Issacs is at purdue another lineman went d2 ferris state and another went to wabash. Probably more guys played college too and With all that talent they barely were above 500 they went 6-5. Thats not very good thats just mediocre and it was the best season ever.theres no d1 guys or all state guys on this team. Hopefully they man up and get going in time for sectionals

There is talent on this team, not as much as that team, but there is talent. I also think the DAC isn't as good as it was that year. The good thing for city is that there is no team in their sectional this year who are as good as a Merrillville or Lake Central.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 24 2013, 01:13 PM
Post #80

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Sep 24 2013, 01:46 PM) *

So what you are saying is Chesterton, Valpo and Merrillville are all loaded with D-1 players and tons of talent? That's BS. The only player in the conference who has committed to play football next year is Gelen Robinson out of Lake Central.

I think the biggest difference is in school size. Lake Central is almost twice our size. Others are almost 800 students bigger. The only school we are really close to is LaPorte. It makes it much harder to compete. Being in a town that shrinking itself out of the DAC is a tough obstacle to over come. Another perspective is that the difference between City and Crown is equal to the entire enrollment of New Prairie.

Lake Central 3271
Portage 2640
Crown Point 2620
MVille 2339
Valpo 2178
Chesterton 2019
LaPorte 1892
City 1802
+Quote Post

12 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:01 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com