Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=44229.42

Parks approve liquor license

Laurie Wink
The News-Dispatch

MICHIGAN CITY - The Park Board green lighted a license application for beer and wine service in Washington Park.

The action at Thursday's meeting came on the recommendation of Park Department Superintendent Jan Orlich. She said alcoholic beverages could be served in secured areas of Washington Park, such as the concession stand now under construction and inside a fenced-in amphitheater.

The Park Board at an earlier meeting approved a license application for beer and wine sales at the Michigan City Municipal Golf Course. The golf course is expected to start selling alcoholic beverages after a July 2 hearing before the state's Alcoholic Beverage Commission in Indianapolis.

Orlich said she didn't expect alcoholic beverage service in Washington Park to be available until next year's beach season. The Park Department will work with the board's attorney to file the application.

Park Board members approved an agreement with attorney Jeff Katz to represent the Park Department beginning July 1 through December. Katz replaces retiring attorney Pat Donoghue, whom the board thanked for his willingness to serve until another attorney was hired.

Also, a horse-drawn carriage service could be added to the amenities available at Washington Park this summer.

Park Board members approved entering into a lease with Country Lane Carriages. The owners provide a carriage service in New Buffalo, Mich. They plan to offer rides from Harbor Grill Restaurant into Sheridan Beach. The lease will be discussed at the July 2 Park Board meeting and is subject to approval by the city's Board of Public Works and Safety.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jun 24 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 10

I'm not sure if that's such a good idea. I just get a bad feeling about a bunch of hot and drunken beach-goers.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
eric.hanke
post Jun 24 2009, 08:48 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 546

Isn't this at the kid friendly splash pad? I bet they also sell glass bottels.

Signature Bar
IPB Image

Welcome to the Michigan City Area Schools, we are over budget, over paid, overwhelmed ...

+Quote Post
Tim
post Jun 24 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #4

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

QUOTE(Ang @ Jun 24 2009, 03:38 PM) *

I'm not sure if that's such a good idea. I just get a bad feeling about a bunch of hot and drunken beach-goers.

Yes - it would be the first time folks got liquored up at the beach.

laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jun 25 2009, 10:02 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 10

Actually, that is kinda my point. Up till now, it's been "frowned" upon. Yeah, I know people bring their own, but to sell it means to openly condone it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with drinking (trust me, I am an imbiber wink.gif ), but up to now the problems have been somewhat minimal. If they sell it, I think that would change. JMO

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:29 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com