Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Area Power outages plenty
Southsider2k12
post Jul 11 2011, 09:39 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

NIPSCO has 500 listed without power in Long Beach, though none in City. LaPorte is showing up with over 5000 out of power.

http://www.nipscooutages.com/WSSNisourceOu...p;reloaded=true
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 11 2011, 01:13 PM
Post #2

City down to 449. LaPorte to 4371. Over 700,000 are reported out of power in the Chicago area by ComEd.
+Quote Post
diggler
post Jul 11 2011, 04:06 PM
Post #3

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 969

Some snapped twigs and branches here in Westville, otherwise it blew over pretty quickly.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 12 2011, 07:12 AM
Post #4

As of this morning 159 without power in City, just over 300 in LaPorte. We didn't get it too badly, as they are saying some in the Chicago are could be up to a week and a half before they get power back.
+Quote Post
bandaid19
post Jul 12 2011, 07:37 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,048

QUOTE(southsiderMMX @ Jul 12 2011, 08:12 AM) *

As of this morning 159 without power in City, just over 300 in LaPorte. We didn't get it too badly, as they are saying some in the Chicago are could be up to a week and a half before they get power back.

http://www.whatsnewlaporte.com/2011/07/11/...ore-fair-opens/

So sad... On the upside, these barns weren't filled with kids and animals. Could've been much worse.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jul 12 2011, 12:57 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 10

The link is bad so I went to What's New LaPorte to read the article.... the guy who took the pictures of the storm damage at the fair grounds is the same guy who took the picture that is posted as my avatar.

Very very very good photographer, and if any of you need one, PM me and I'll pass the word to Dennis......

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 12 2011, 01:19 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Ang @ Jul 12 2011, 01:57 PM) *

The link is bad so I went to What's New LaPorte to read the article.... the guy who took the pictures of the storm damage at the fair grounds is the same guy who took the picture that is posted as my avatar.

Very very very good photographer, and if any of you need one, PM me and I'll pass the word to Dennis......

I noticed the poster had an extra bracket on there which I deleted, and now the link works!
+Quote Post
bandaid19
post Jul 12 2011, 02:42 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,048

oops, sorry!
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 13 2011, 07:45 AM
Post #9

http://www.thenewsdispatch.com/articles/20...ee937252530.txt

Power outages reported throughout La Porte County

By Brianne Eichman
Staff writer
Published: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 5:08 PM CDT
LA PORTE — Power outages and various damage was a result of storms that swept across northern Indiana early Monday morning.

The damage proved threatening as part of a tree fell on Gil and Brenda Santana's house, located at 306 K St.

"It was probably between 9 and 9:30 a.m. when the storms came through this morning," said Brenda.

She said that everything happened fast, but she and her husband were thankful to come out of it unharmed.

"My husband was in the bedroom, actually looking out the window, and he saw the lightning strike the tree," said Brenda.

She was in the front part of the house in a different room at this time.

"By the time I got to the corner to unplug the computer I turned around and the whole ceiling was caving in. It just started pouring like crazy," she said.

Brenda said they called NIPSCO and were told to leave the house.

As of Monday afternoon, NIPSCO posted that their field crews had restored power to about 13,000 of the more than 26,000 electric customers across Indiana who lost service Monday morning.

"We still have 4,200 in the La Porte County area," said NIPSCO spokesman Larry Graham on Monday afternoon.

Graham said trees near power lines are the cause for most of the outages. He said that NIPSCO is working hard to restore power to most of its impacted customers by late Monday evening, but some customers that require repairs to their specific service may not be restored until late Tuesday. Graham also said that most of the delay in restoring power comes from having to cut away branches or clearing debris from equipment or power lines.

According to Emergency Management of La Porte County, three homes in the city of La Porte were damaged along with buildings at the La Porte County Fairgrounds. No injuries from the storm were reported. Fire, police, NIPSCO, AEP, County and State Highway crews were working to restore power and clear roadways Monday.

The National Weather Service reported that the storm winds were between 50 and 70 mph.

According to NIPSCO, communities with the largest number of customers without electrical service were Lake, Porter, La Porte and Steuben counties. Cities that were affected included La Porte, Crown Point, Merrillville, Whiting, Valparaiso and Gary.

NIPSCO says its operations personnel will continue to work around the clock until all affected customers are returned to service.

To receive information concerning power restoration updates visit nipsco.com/outagecenter or call 1-800-464-7726.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 13 2011, 07:52 AM
Post #10

As of this morning LaPorte is down to 22 without power, and only 1 in Michigan City. There are still 10s of thousands in the Chicago area without, and it could be past the weekend before they get it back. Count our lucky stars!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:50 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com