Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=31596.78

Arnold To Seek Re-Election

Laurie Wink
The News-Dispatch

MICHIGAN CITY - Democratic State Senator Jim Arnold is officially announcing his run for the 8th Senatorial District seat he took over in March following the death of long-time Senator Anita Bowser.

Arnold won the right to fill Bowser's seat by one vote at a Democratic Party caucus. Today, he is scheduled to kick off his campaign for a full four-year term at a Noon brunch at Rodini's Restaurant, 4215 Franklin St., to be attended by some 200 people who bought tickets for the fundraising event.

Arnold said he waited until after the city elections were over to make the announcement, and chose Veteran's Day as the appropriate date to come forward with his re-election plan.

According to Arnold, his decision to run probably is not a surprise to anyone.

"I've spoken for the last four years that I had every intention of seeking this office," Arnold said. "My whole life has been dedicated to public service."

Arnold worked for 36 years in county government, holding the position of La Porte County Sheriff until retiring in January. He also spent four years with the state highway department.

"This is a very important office," Arnold said. "We're going into one of the most historical sessions in Indiana history because of the property tax situation. You have to prepare yourself for it."

Contact Laurie Wink at lwink@thenewsdispatch.com.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JHeath
post Nov 12 2007, 09:20 AM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 43

Actually, they had about 400 people attend the brunch.
Let's hope this is a sign of good things to come for Jim.
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 12 2007, 11:14 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

And the district, if he is a good guy to be our Senator.

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
JHeath
post Nov 12 2007, 11:40 AM
Post #4

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 43

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Nov 12 2007, 11:14 AM) *

And the district, if he is a good guy to be our Senator.
Personally, I think he's a great choice.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 12 2007, 11:48 AM
Post #5

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

It amazes me that Jim Arnold has gotten as far as he has politically. Not that I think Jim is a bad choice, or inept, or anything like that. Back in the 80's I worked with Jim when he was just a deputy. He used to moonlight security at Memorial Hospital (okay, I'm dating myself) and I worked the switchboard. We often worked together. He was one of my favorite "cops" at the hospital (along with Walter Day). He always said he would be more than "just a cop." That his name would be well known someday. I thought he just meant following is dad's footsteps and becoming Sheriff. When he won Mrs. Bowser's senate seat, I knew Jim aspired to be more than Sheriff--he really would be more than "just a cop." I'm very proud of him and hope that he is successful in making a difference!

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:58 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com