Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Restaurant Inspections thread, Most Recent Round of Restaurant Inspections
eric.hanke
post Nov 10 2008, 11:39 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 546

Most recent round of Health Inspection results. Enjoy!

Congratulations Pine Elementary School!!! ZERO VIOLATIONS! Miss Annie does a great job out there. I know, I have lunch with my children often biggrin.gif .

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Secti....amp;TM=45277.66

Restaurant inspections - 11/10/2008 10:28:00 AM
Editor's Note: Critical Violations are defined as a "rule that, if in noncompliance, is more likely than other violations to significantly contribute to food contamination, illness or environmental health hazard," according to the state retail food establishment sanitation requirements. Repeat violations are violations there were also found in the previous inspection. All restaurants have 10 days to reply or appeal to violations before the records become public information.

Inspections on Oct. 22

• Lindos, Inc., 3940 S. Franklin St., Michigan City: Two critical violations, four non-critical violations and three repeat violations.

• St. Paul School, 818 Franklin St., Michigan City: Two critical violations.

• Kroger, deli, 55 Pine Lake Center, La Porte: One critical violation, three non-critical violations and one repeat violation.

Inspections on Oct. 23

• Louie's Cafe and Carry Out, 920 Lincoln Way, La Porte: Two critical violations, four non-critical violations and two repeat violations.

• Arbor Hill Inn, 263 Johnson Road, La Porte: Zero violations.

• Western Inn, 610 J St., La Porte: One critical violation and two non-critical violations.

• Chappy's Stadium Inn, 2323 Wabash St., Michigan City: One critical violation, four non-critical violations and two repeat violations.

• Kroger, store, 55 Pine Lake Center, La Porte: Five critical violations, seven non-critical violations and two repeat violations. Inspections on Oct. 24.

• Head Start Pre-School, 805 Martin Luther King Drive, Michigan City: One critical violation.

• Silver Palace, 1719 State St., La Porte: One critical violation.

• Heston Hill Banquet and Catering, 1993E CR-800N, La Porte: One non-critical violation.

• King Gyros, 2323 E. Michigan Boulevard, Michigan City: Two critical violations, two non-critical violations and two repeat violations.

Inspections on Oct. 27

• Petti's Grocery, 929 E. Michigan Boulevard, Michigan City: One critical violation, two non-critical violations and three repeat violations.

• Barker Middle School, 319 Barker Road, Michigan City: Zero violations.

• Pine Elementary School, 1504N CR-500E, Michigan City: Zero violations.

Inspections on Oct. 28

• Queen of All Saints Catholic Church, 1715 Barker Ave., Michigan City: Zero violations.

• Denny's Restaurant, 5800 S. Franklin St., Michigan City: One critical violation, four non-critical violations and one repeat violation.

Inspections on Oct. 29

• Oasis Restaurant, 9954 W. U.S. 6, Westville: 12 critical violations, seven non-critical violations and two repeat violations.

• Dave and Lola's Tavern, 3 S. Washington St., La Crosse: Zero violations.

• Symposium Catering, 3848 N. Frontage Road, Michigan City: Zero violations.

• Bob Evans, 3936 Frontage Road, Michigan City: Four critical violations, five non-critical violations and three repeat violations.

Signature Bar
IPB Image

Welcome to the Michigan City Area Schools, we are over budget, over paid, overwhelmed ...

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 10 2008, 12:08 PM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Member No.: 3

Bob Evans must be Mom's son!

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
eric.hanke
post Nov 10 2008, 01:22 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Nov 10 2008, 01:08 PM) *

Bob Evans must be Mom's son!

Being just down the road from my house, we regularly eat at Bob Evans. However, after last night’s “spoiled milk” incident (11/9/08) and their exponentially lacking customer service, I think it’s time to find a new breakfast hangout.

Signature Bar
IPB Image

Welcome to the Michigan City Area Schools, we are over budget, over paid, overwhelmed ...

+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 10 2008, 01:31 PM
Post #4

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Yikes, another place to cross off of the list if I am out that way!

• Oasis Restaurant, 9954 W. U.S. 6, Westville: 12 critical violations, seven non-critical violations and two repeat violations.
+Quote Post
eric.hanke
post Nov 10 2008, 01:39 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Nov 10 2008, 02:31 PM) *

Yikes, another place to cross off of the list if I am out that way!

I don't typically choose my dining establishments by appearance; Oasis does not have an inviting exterior.

Never eaten there, and unless the place burns down and a new restaurant is built, doesn't look like I ever will. smile.gif

Signature Bar
IPB Image

+Quote Post
ANH27
post Nov 10 2008, 02:44 PM
Post #6

Getting Comfortable

Member No.: 832

Looks like the only safe bet is to eat at one of the schools, or at home.
Yuck!
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 10 2008, 04:17 PM
Post #7

I will mention that the café at MCHS is award-winning and looks very good. Can the public go?

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Tim
post Nov 10 2008, 04:18 PM
Post #8

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 18

QUOTE(eric.hanke @ Nov 10 2008, 12:39 PM) *

[indent]Most recent round of Health Inspection results. Enjoy!

Congratulations Pine Elementary School!!! ZERO VIOLATIONS! Miss Annie does a great job out there. I know, I have lunch my children often biggrin.gif .

You what?
biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 10 2008, 05:14 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 10

Rog, I do believe that you can eat at MCHS with your child. And having eaten there many many times, I can attest that Miss Evelyn runs her kitchen well and the food is delish as far as cafeterias go. Puts the hospital cafeteria to shame!

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
eric.hanke
post Nov 10 2008, 07:42 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Tim @ Nov 10 2008, 04:18 PM) *

You what?
biggrin.gif

I have lunch regularly with my 3 children at Pine Elementary School. Not sure how much clarification I can provide...

Signature Bar
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Tim
post Nov 11 2008, 01:34 AM
Post #11

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 18

QUOTE(eric.hanke @ Nov 10 2008, 08:42 PM) *

I have lunch regularly with my 3 children at Pine Elementary School. Not sure how much clarification I can provide...

But this is what you said

"I know, I have lunch my children often"

I don't know what that means.

Just messin' with ya!

biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 11 2008, 07:56 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(eric.hanke @ Nov 10 2008, 07:42 PM) *

You needed a verb, dude! Or was it we who needed it...?

At any rate, my question is if I can walk into the school and get in line for lunch.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 17 2008, 11:54 AM
Post #13

Here is the next batch...

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=46891.79

Restaurant Violations

From Staff Reports

EDITOR'S NOTE: Critical violations are defined as a "rule that, in if noncompliance, is more likely than other violations to significantly contribute to food contamination, illness or environmental health hazard," according to the state retail food establishment sanitation requirements. Repeat violations are violations that were also found in the previous inspection. All restaurants have 10 days to reply or appeal to violations before the records become public information. Records were obtained from the La Porte County Health Department.

LA PORTE - the La Porte County Health Department has released the results of its latest restaurant and food service inspections.

Inspections on Oct. 30

• La Crosse School, 11 N. Michigan St., La Crosse: Zero violations.

• Oriental Pearl, 902 Franklin St., Michigan City: Three critical violations, one non-critical violation and one repeat violation.

• KD's BBQ, 2311 E. U.S. 12, Michigan City: Two non-critical violations.

• Real Services, P.O. Box 5, Wanatah: Zero violations.

• The Grill, 13 S. Washington St., La Crosse: Two critical violations, three non-critical violations and three repeat violations.

• Westville Old Time Foods, 56 S. Flynn Road, Westville: Zero violations.

Inspections on Oct. 31

• Texas Corral, 5718 Franklin St., Michigan City: Two critical violations.

• King Gyros, 715 Lincolnway, La Porte: One critical violation, five non-critical violations and three repeat violations.

• Jennie Rae's, 5201 E. U.S. 20, Rolling Prairie: Two critical violations, three non-critical violations and two repeat violations.

Inspections on Nov. 3

• Swingbelly's Restaurant, 100 Washington St., Michigan City: Two critical violations, six non-critical violations and one repeat violation.

Inspections on Nov. 5

• Trattoria Enzo, 601 Michigan Ave., La Porte: One critical violation, three non-critical violations and one repeat violation.

• Save-A-Lot, 609 E. Lincolnway, La Porte: Two critical violations and four non-critical violations.

• Barney's Westside Market, 1602 I St., La Porte: One critical violation, three non-critical violations and one repeat violation.

• Al's East, deli, 702 E. Lincolnway, La Porte: One critical violation, four non-critical violations and one repeat violations.

• Al's East, store, 702 E. Lincolnway, La Porte: Four critical violations, eight non-critical violations an two repeat violations.

Inspections on Nov. 6

• Black Hawk Inn, 257 W. Main St., Westville: Four critical violations and one non-critical violation.

* Westville School, 207 E. Valparaiso St., Westville: One non-critical violation.

Inspections on Nov. 7

• Red Lobster, 4353 Franklin St., Michigan City: Two non-critical violations.

• Crichfield Elementary School, 336 W. Johnson Road, La Porte: Zero violations.

• La Porte County Jail, 890 State St., La Porte: One critical violation.
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 17 2008, 01:48 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Nov 17 2008, 11:54 AM) *

Inspections on Nov. 7

• Red Lobster, 4353 Franklin St., Michigan City: Two non-critical violations.

• Crichfield Elementary School, 336 W. Johnson Road, La Porte: Zero violations.

• La Porte County Jail, 890 State St., La Porte: One critical violation.

Red Lobster: Cited for failure of taste.

La Porte County Jail: They deny it and say they are innocent/framed.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 24 2008, 08:13 AM
Post #15

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=33377.77

LA PORTE - The La Porte County Health Department has announced the results of its latest food service inspections.

Inspections on Nov. 10

• La Crosse Super Foods, 141 Washington St., La Crosse: Four non-critical violations and three repeat violations.

Inspections on Nov. 12

• State Street Bar and Grill, 502 State St., La Porte: Three non-critical violations and two repeat violations.

• T-P Orthodontics, 100 Center Plaza, La Porte: Two critical violations and four non-critical violations.

• Sacred Heart Apostolic School, 5901 N. County Road 500 East, Rolling Prairie: Two critical violations, nine non-critical violations and one repeat violation.

• Round the Clock, 219 Pine Lake Ave., La Porte: Three critical violations and two non-critical violations.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Dec 15 2008, 12:05 PM
Post #16

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=47526.79

Restaurant Inspections

From Staff Reports

EDITOR'S NOTE: Critical violations are defined as a "rule that, in if noncompliance, is more likely than other violations to significantly contribute to food contamination, illness or environmental health hazard," according to the state retail food establishment sanitation requirements. Repeat violations are violations that were also found in the previous inspection. All restaurants have 10 days to reply or appeal to violations before the records become public information. Records were obtained from the La Porte County Health Department.

q

LA PORTE - The La Porte County Health Department has announced the results of its latest food service inspections.

Inspections on Dec. 1

• Meijer, deli, 5150 S. Franklin St., Michigan City: three non-critical violations and two repeat violations.

• Meijer, store, 5150 S. Franklin St., Michigan City: one critical violation, one non-critical violation and one repeat violation.

• Stimley's Town & Country Bar, 204 W. Barker Ave., Michigan City: five critical violations, 10 non-critical violations and seven repeat violations.

• George & Ruby Soul and More, 401 Chicago St., Michigan City: one critical violation, four non-critical violations and three repeat violations.

Inspections on Dec. 2

• McFall's Channel Cafe, 7954 E. Ind. 4, Walkerton: two critical violations, six non-critical violations and one repeat violation.

• Springfield Elementary School, 3054W CR-800N, Michigan City: zero violations.

• Lalumiere School, 6801 N. Wilhelm, La Porte: zero violations.

• Rolling Prairie Elementary School, 605 E. Michigan St., Rolling Prairie: zero violations.

• Prairie View Elementary School, 6434E CR-700N, Rolling Prairie: zero violations.

• Kingsbury Elementary School, 802W CR-400S, La Porte: zero violations.

• Kingsford Heights Elementary School, 460 Evanston Road, Kingsford Heights: zero violations.

• Christo's Family Dining, 1462 W. Ind. 2, La Porte: five critical violations, two non-critical violations and two repeat violations.

• Indiana Deli & Catering Co., 805 Indiana Ave., La Porte: three non-critical violations and three repeat violations.

Inspections on Dec. 3

• I Street Family Tavern, 1508 I St., La Porte: three non-critical violations and two repeat violations.

• Ninth St. Diner, 409 W. 9th St., Michigan City: two critical violations and one repeat violation.
+Quote Post
JHeath
post Jan 4 2009, 02:02 PM
Post #17

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 43

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=41725.39

1/4/2009 11:30:00 AM Email this article • Print this article
Restaurant Inspections

From Staff Reports

From Staff Reports

EDITOR'S NOTE: Critical violations are defined as a "rule that, in if noncompliance, is more likely than other violations to significantly contribute to food contamination, illness or environmental health hazard," according to the state retail food establishment sanitation requirements. Repeat violations are violations that were also found in the previous inspection. All restaurants have 10 days to reply or appeal to violations before the records become public information.

q

Records were obtained from the La Porte County Health Department, which has announced the results of its latest food service inspections.

Inspections on Dec. 10

• Sahara Restaurant, 1701 Franklin St., Michigan City: three critical violations, three non-critical violations and four repeat violations.

• Gourmet House, 1458 W. Indiana 2, La Porte: four critical violations, two non-critical violations and two repeat violations.

• Al's Supermarket, 2600 S. Franklin St., Michigan City: one critical violation, three non-critical violations and three repeat violations.

• Al's Supermarket, deli, 2600 Franklin St., Michigan City: one critical violation, one non-critical violation and one repeat violation.

• El Bracero, 927 Pine Lake Ave., La Porte: four critical violations and one repeat violation.

• T-Bones Pier, 1111 Lakeside St., La Porte: one critical violation and one repeat violation.

Inspections on Dec. 11

• Jewel Food Store, 3535 Franklin St., Michigan City: two non-critical violations and one repeat violation.

• Jewel Food Store, deli, 3535 Franklin St., Michigan City: zero violations.

• Barker Inn, 607 E. Barker Ave., Michigan City: four non-critical violations and two repeat violations.

Inspections on Dec. 12

• Lange's Meat Market, 218 W. 7th St., Michigan City: one critical violation, four non-critical violations and three repeat violations.

• Schoop's Hamburgers, 4105 S. Franklin St., Michigan City: three critical violations, three non-critical violations and one repeat violation.

Inspections on Dec. 15

• Archie's Restaurant, 104 N St., La Porte: seven non-critical violations and two repeat violations.

Inspections on Dec. 17

• Little Tavern Too, 210 W. Michigan St., Rolling Prairie: three critical violations, five non-critical violations and four repeat violations.

• Pottawattomie Country Club, 1900 Springfield Ave., Michigan City: one critical violation, six non-critical violations and one repeat violation.

Inspections on Dec. 18

• Al's Supermarket, 1002 N. Karwick Road, Michigan City: one critical violation and one non-critical violation.

• Al's Supermarket, deli, 1002 N. Karwick Road, Michigan City: one critical violation, three non-critical violations and one repeat violation.

• Great Wall, 49 Pine Lake Ave., La Porte: one critical violation, three non-critical violations and one repeat violation.

• Little Tavern, 102 Truesdell Ave., La Porte: three non-critical violations and one repeat violation.

• Hacienda Mexican Restaurant, 2148 Karwick Road, Long Beach: one critical violation.

Inspections on Dec. 22

• Memo's Restaurant, 1714 E. U.S. 20, Michigan City: three critical violations, six non-critical violations and two repeat violations.

• Dunkin' Donuts, 5234 Franklin St., Michigan City: one critical violation and one non-critical violation.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jan 19 2009, 08:17 AM
Post #18

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=33423.07

Restaurant Inspections

From Staff Reports

q

Inspections on Dec. 30

• Ye Old Benny's, 3101 E. U.S. 12: four critical violations, six non-critical violations and three repeat violations.

• Last Round-Up, 3454 S. Ind. 104, La Porte: one critical violation, four non-critical violations and one repeat violation.

Inspections on Dec. 31

• Ryan's Irish Pub, 401 Franklin St.: nine critical violations, 13 non-critical violations and 16 repeat violations.

Inspections on Jan. 5

• Burger King, 1434 E. Lincoln Way, La Porte: zero violations.

• Morelia Grocery Store, 208 Lincoln Way, La Porte: four non-critical violations and one repeat violation.

• Dorothy Crowley Juvenile Services Center, 0364 Zigler Road, La Porte: one non-critical violation.

• Arbor Hill Inn, 263 Johnson Road, La Porte: zero violations.

• Video Y Discoteca Mexico, 704 Lincoln Way, La Porte: one non-critical violation and one repeat violation.

Inspections on Jan. 6

• The Sweet Stop, 4041 Franklin St.: one critical violation, four non-critical violations and one repeat violation.

• Jewel Express, deli, 3533 S. Franklin St.: zero violations.

• Scoops Old Fashioned Ice Cream, 121 Lighthouse Place: one critical violation and one non-critical violation.

• Blue Chip Buffet, 2 Easy Street: eight critical violations and two non-critical violations.

• Shoreline Brewery, 208 Wabash St.: three critical violations and one non-critical violation.

• Rio's Mexican Food, 2715 Franklin St.: two critical violations.

• The Grill, 13 S. Washington St., LaCrosse: one critical violation, six non-critical violations and four repeat violations.

• Dave and Lola's Tavern, 3 S. Washington St., LaCrosse: three critical violations.

• Kentucky Fried Chicken, 213 Pine Lake Ave., La Porte: one non-critical violation and one repeat violation.

• Dick's Bar, 912 Lincoln way, La Porte: five non-critical violations and five repeat violations.

• Friends Nightclub, 605 Washington St., La Porte: one critical violation.
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Jan 19 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #19

Attention, restaurant owners and managers of Michigan City: Please let us know what the violations were for and how you have fixed the problem. If you have critical violations, I (and my money) will not be in your establishment. This is the perfect--and only--forum that could work for this. Please get on line and get on board!

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
ChickenCityRoller
post Jan 19 2009, 11:35 AM
Post #20

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 19

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Jan 19 2009, 10:41 AM) *
Attention, restaurant owners and managers of Michigan City: Please let us know what the violations were for and how you have fixed the problem. If you have critical violations, I (and my money) will not be in your establishment. This is the perfect--and only--forum that could work for this. Please get on line and get on board!

Roger, you aren't going to be able to go anywhere to eat except for the grammer school dining hall and Jewel's deli! lol

Signature Bar
IPB Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:13 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com