Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pence could have big changes if Trump VP candidate
diggler
post Oct 12 2016, 06:51 PM
Post #61

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 969

The leading evangelical defender of Trump is vice presidential nominee Mike Pence, who could sound like he’s delivering a sermon when ordering a cup of coffee. The first step in Pence's highly principled, faith-based testimonial for Trump was to wait to see how he did in the second presidential debate—in case Trump blew himself up and Pence had to craft a highly principled, faith-based way off the ticket. The second step was to pretend as though a penitent Trump was Henry IV standing barefoot in the snow begging forgiveness.

http://politi.co/2etr3DB

_
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
diggler
post Oct 14 2016, 04:27 PM
Post #62

Really Comfortable

How nice of Dr. Manning to ENDORSE PENCE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX593LWCF-8

_
+Quote Post
diggler
post Oct 19 2016, 08:07 AM
Post #63

Really Comfortable

“Yesterday Donald Trump rolled out a 5-point plan to drain the swamp in Washington, D.C.,” Pence said to the thunderous applause of the hundreds gathered. He then recapped some of that plan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-OXdxLNB3Q

_
+Quote Post
Mike D
post Oct 21 2016, 02:40 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 1,457

QUOTE(diggler @ Oct 19 2016, 09:07 AM) *

“Yesterday Donald Trump rolled out a 5-point plan to drain the swamp in Washington, D.C.,” Pence said to the thunderous applause of the hundreds gathered. He then recapped some of that plan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-OXdxLNB3Q

_

I was horrified when Mike Pence on MSNBC said he would have the 'wait and see" approach to the election results. Seems like only Rubio gets it - if you make that bed, you may have to lay in it - and it ain't comfortable. For 240 years, the USA has had a real comfortable democracy - one in which when the other side loses, they just say - ok - you have it! I remember in 1996 when the GOP won the House for the first time in 40 years (during Clinton's second term) - I was in an airport when it was announced. People were stunned, shocked, surprised..me too. but when I got up the next morning and saw Gingrich giving his speech, I thought, OK, Pal - it's all yours! You try it! (Indeed they did with the "Contract ON America" which went no where and were out of business in under a decade.) Americans have that (rather) unique sense of fair play - if you win, ok, better luck next time - we see the referees as fallible, but figure the calls go both ways - we respect winners and losers (if played fairly). Elections I would say even more so - it is a deep respect of the system that we all enjoy - and believe me, it is very unique compared to others.

Trump+Pence are shattering this calm and trust. It is with heavy heart that we end this thing and yeah, it will be wait and see - for sure. The GOP is gone - like the Tories in Canada not too long ago - and folks - it is a hard road back. America is better with a balance political playing field - give and take a la Reagan/O'Neill - but will we ever get back to that? If Dems do not win senate, look for another 2012-2016 of nothing done.

Here's the latest on "wait and see" and what Pence is doing.

Mike Pence on the Campaign Trai after "wait and see"

Pence is done. He has, like his new buddy, disqualified himself from office, perhaps ever again. Big bet he gets a fat job in DC and not go back to Fort Wayne...any takers?

+Quote Post
diggler
post Oct 28 2016, 07:39 AM
Post #65

Really Comfortable

IPB Image

Plane carrying Pence skids off runway

By Elizabeth Landers and Eli Watkins, CNN
Updated 9:04 AM ET, Fri October 28, 2016

(CNN)Donald Trump's running mate Mike Pence said Friday he is "fine" following his plane skidding off the runway at LaGuardia Airport on Thursday night, adding there were about "10 seconds of uncertainty."

"We're fine," the Indiana governor told CNN's Alisyn Camerota on "New Day" during a phone interview. "It was about 10 seconds of uncertainty last night, but we're just so grateful to the pilots and to the first responders on the scene and (that) everybody came off the plane safely."

None of the 48 people on board were injured in the rough landing.
Pence said he felt plane fishtail after it landed during a rainy evening in New York, but added that he kept a saying from his son, who is a Marine Corps aviator, in his mind following the incident: "Every landing you walk away from is a successful landing."

The press pool in the back of the aircraft, a Boeing 737-700 chartered from Eastern Airlines that was painted with the campaign's logo, could also feel the plane fishtailing as it touched down and slid off the runway before coming to a very sharp halt in the grass off the side of the runway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPjLDnPqb8Y

_

+Quote Post
diggler
post Oct 29 2016, 08:21 AM
Post #66

Really Comfortable

IPB Image

Pence calls for information about new Clinton emails

By Evelyn Rupert

October 28, 2016

GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence urged the FBI to release more information about the newly discovered emails relating to its investigation into Hillary Clinton's private email server.

In an interview on MSNBC's "Hardball" with Chris Matthews, Pence said the American people have a right to know what was uncovered with less than two weeks to go until the election.
“Obviously it’s a very serious matter, but both Donald Trump and I commend the FBI for their transparency and their willingness to move forward now that they’ve come across new pertinent information," he said. “We’re really calling on the FBI to make this information public.”

On Friday, FBI Director James Comey sent a letter to Congress saying that new emails had been uncovered during the course of a separate case that may relate to Clinton's server. He said the fBI would take "investigative steps" to determine if the messages are pertinent to the Clinton case and whether any contain confidential information.

Pence said getting information out there is key amid the "avalanche" of news surrounding Clinton's emails.

“I truly do believe, as Abe Lincoln said, ‘Give the people the facts, and the republic will be saved.’ “So we’re calling on the FBI to make this information available to the American people," he said.

“The machinery of the justice system will work in its own time, but the American people have a right to know what this new information is and they can make their own judgment.”

We knew there could be a big October surprise before this bizarre and unpopular election finally came to an end. But who knew it would come from emails found on a device used by former Rep. Anthony Weiner, which was confiscated by the FBI after he sexted an underage woman -- an act that cost him his job, his income and his marriage?

http://bit.ly/2eGprWt

_
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Oct 29 2016, 05:04 PM
Post #67

Advanced Member

Member No.: 999

QUOTE(Mike D @ Oct 21 2016, 03:40 PM) *

I was horrified when Mike Pence on MSNBC said he would have the 'wait and see" approach to the election results. Seems like only Rubio gets it - if you make that bed, you may have to lay in it - and it ain't comfortable. For 240 years, the USA has had a real comfortable democracy - one in which when the other side loses, they just say - ok - you have it! I remember in 1996 when the GOP won the House for the first time in 40 years (during Clinton's second term) - I was in an airport when it was announced. People were stunned, shocked, surprised..me too. but when I got up the next morning and saw Gingrich giving his speech, I thought, OK, Pal - it's all yours! You try it! (Indeed they did with the "Contract ON America" which went no where and were out of business in under a decade.) Americans have that (rather) unique sense of fair play - if you win, ok, better luck next time - we see the referees as fallible, but figure the calls go both ways - we respect winners and losers (if played fairly). Elections I would say even more so - it is a deep respect of the system that we all enjoy - and believe me, it is very unique compared to others.

Trump+Pence are shattering this calm and trust. It is with heavy heart that we end this thing and yeah, it will be wait and see - for sure. The GOP is gone - like the Tories in Canada not too long ago - and folks - it is a hard road back. America is better with a balance political playing field - give and take a la Reagan/O'Neill - but will we ever get back to that? If Dems do not win senate, look for another 2012-2016 of nothing done.

Here's the latest on "wait and see" and what Pence is doing.

Mike,

Is that what Gore did in 2000/ I don't recall it that way. Doesn't matter Trump should win and if he doesn't Kaine becomes President after Hilliary gets impeached or does the right thing a resigns before taking office.

Mike Pence on the Campaign Trai after "wait and see"

Pence is done. He has, like his new buddy, disqualified himself from office, perhaps ever again. Big bet he gets a fat job in DC and not go back to Fort Wayne...any takers?

+Quote Post
Mike D
post Oct 31 2016, 09:40 AM
Post #68

Of course you missed the point again.

Al Gore's political career is, in fact, over - and has been since he lost the 2000 election to Bush 43. He went on to make the film "An Inconvenient Truth", which I can assume you haven't seen and if you had, probably wouldn't believe that the earth is actually getting hotter by greenhouse gases being trapped (nice October here - will be hottest on record). He also sat on Apple's Board and others and made a pile of dough in investing. But as far as politics are concerned, he is a ghost. So, no, after he was VP and failed at the Presidency, his political career was over. My point was that Pence is facing political oblivion, like so many others - except with a divided GOP, he really has no place to go. If you and your Fox News fueled right wing-nuts get the GOP, you'll see him as a loser; if the more salient and pliable GOP emerges, he will be radioactive - like most Trumpites. Either way, he is headed to the political scrap heap - perhaps he'll go back into talk radio. As I have said, he'll get a plum DC lobbying job for his loyalty. I wish him well - again - nice guy - just duped.

Though I respect your opinion of who you think will win the presidency, be careful what you wish for. Oh, and all those emails - check this story out:

Trump Org Deleted Emails - Even When the Court told him not to

It is a terrible shame that the US public can't have good debates like these:

3rd Indiana Governor Debate 2016

I made my 12 yo son watch this to show him that we don't need food fights or partisan clap trap to support our democracy. We need good strong candidates who respect each other and the process. Just in case you don't bother to watch, there were no interruptions, no sex talk and not snarky remarks.

Your candidate, the GOP's candidate, is certainly to go down as one of the worst in history and certainly in the cable TV era. How many he will bring down with him is undetermined. This happened with the Tories in Canada - and they didn't recover for a bit - Labor dominates up there now.

Trump is a lying, egotistical, snarky, spoiled child with less intellect than another of your heroes Bush 43 (you remember, the guy who gave us 911, trillion in debt of useless wars, sent the country into its deepest depression in a century). Most of Trump's money spent in the campaign went to his own companies; his own campaign people are not giving to the campaign; he gives nothing to charity. he assaults women with impunity and as a point of arrogance. Can't wait until your granddaughter or niece asks who you who you voted for - snap, just made another Dem.!

But you'll go on hating the guy who brought us out of all this - stopped wars, balanced our economy, built collations, and kept us in peace and prosperity - all bc what he looks like in a swim suit. You'll vote against a flawed by strong public servant (for this guy? what has he ever done for anybody but himself?) - yeah, helping children, women, the poor, guiding the world's problems - that's all of no consequence to your vote - only your own accepted invective from otherwise commercial interests (you did know that Fox News makes billions, didn't you?). Just in case your candidate doesn't win, you won't hear the last of him - he is already monetizing you and all your fellow haters - keep buying those hats - made in China.

Your prediction does have precedence. Bill Clinton gave us a balanced budget (actually a surplus), peace and prosperity, and a few other choice laws like FLMA and plant closure act. but you and your haters voted against Gore. Well done. Hope you get what you want - and throw our country into useless wars and financial ruin - but you wont hear that on Fox News - they'll blame it all on...well...you know who.
+Quote Post
diggler
post Nov 3 2016, 03:37 PM
Post #69

Really Comfortable

IPB Image

Indiana's First Lady Karen Pence introduces Melania Trump:

https://youtu.be/Wjx_ysYHJNo

_

+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Nov 4 2016, 12:17 PM
Post #70

Advanced Member

Mike D, Climate change really? Go watch another film by Michael Moore and believe all the BS. I hope come November 9th all the liberals in the media and Hollywood are packing their bags for Canada. Good riddance and take all the BLM supporters with you!
+Quote Post
Mike D
post Nov 6 2016, 02:29 PM
Post #71

ooop he did it again!

i'm not sure about that DC job now

Pence Ducks Direct Question about accepting the outcome
+Quote Post
diggler
post Nov 6 2016, 03:39 PM
Post #72

Really Comfortable

IPB Image

Trump will contest the election....even if he 'looses' by a landslide.

_
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 7 2016, 08:59 AM
Post #73

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Even as someone who can't stand Trump, the whole "contesting the election" meme is crap. There are seriously people who 16 years later are contesting the 2000 election on the side that is now demanding that Trump accept the election results, no matter what.

That is the kind of hypocrisy that the two parties specialize in though.
+Quote Post
diggler
post Nov 9 2016, 06:28 AM
Post #74

Really Comfortable

IPB Image

Donald Trump and Indiana's Mike Pence WIN presidential race.

The result was a stinging rebuke to Hillary Clinton, who was vying to make history as the nation’s first female president.

Brian Eason November 9, 2016

The New York real estate mogul and his running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, have secured enough states to clinch an Electoral College victory over Hillary Clinton, AP reports.

Trump’s victory caps a presidential campaign that was as unpredictable — and as bitterly divisive — as any in modern American history. From the moment he entered the Republican presidential primaries, Trump shrugged off critics and doubters to win contest after contest, even when pollsters and members of his own party expected him to fail.

With the win, Republicans will control both chambers of Congress and the presidency for the first time since the George W. Bush era.

The loss was a stinging rebuke to Clinton, who was vying to make history as the nation’s first female president. A former secretary of state, senator and first lady, Clinton was long seen as the favorite in the race, even as she was dogged by transparency questions over her use of a private email server while she served as secretary of state.

Just when she appeared to have solidified her position in swing states after a wave of Trump controversies with just a week until the election, a letter to Congress from FBI Director James Comey thrust Clinton’s emails back into the national spotlight, sowing new doubt among skeptical voters.

Pence, meanwhile, will become the first Hoosier vice president since Dan Quayle served under President George H.W. Bush from 1989 to 1992.

His running mate was propelled to victory largely by a strong showing on Pence’s home turf: the Midwest. Trump wildly outperformed both Mitt Romney and John McCain in the region, picking up key victories in battleground states such as Ohio.

Trump’s win represents both a repudiation of the status quo, and an endorsement of a nationalist brand of populism that has swept through Europe in recent years. Trump has advocated for ripping up trade agreements in order to spur economic growth, closing the border to Muslims and Syrian refugees, and building a wall to keep out Hispanics, while deporting those who have immigrated here illegally in the past.

His campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again,” was both a rebuke of establishment politics, and a nostalgia for an unspecified America of old. Markets shuddered as his election became increasingly likely — investors fearing the unknown.

But in an era of stagnant wages, rising health care costs and security threats at home and abroad, voters were willing to take a risk on the unpredictable.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Nov 9 2016, 07:00 AM
Post #75

Advanced Member

#drain the swamp ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
+Quote Post
diggler
post Nov 9 2016, 10:06 AM
Post #76

Really Comfortable

Mike Pence introduces President Elect Trump:

https://youtu.be/-smetnW-k28

_
+Quote Post
diggler
post Nov 10 2016, 09:28 AM
Post #77

Really Comfortable

Public rally set for VP-elect Pence's return to Indiana

AP

INDIANAPOLIS — The Indiana Republican Party is planning a public rally to welcome Gov. Mike Pence back to the state for the first time as vice president-elect.

A GOP announcement says the rally will take place 5:30 p.m. Thursday at the International Airport Building at Indianapolis International Airport.

The event comes two days after President-elect Donald Trump's election victory. Trump is set to meet President Barack Obama at the White House Thursday.

Pence has only held a handful of Indiana events since being picked as Trump's running mate in July. Pence and his wife, Karen, voted Tuesday at a church near the governor's residence in Indianapolis then headed to New York City to be with Trump.

Pence will travel to Indiana after spending Thursday in Washington, D.C
+Quote Post
diggler
post Nov 10 2016, 04:57 PM
Post #78

Really Comfortable

Pence to play BIG ROLE in Trump administration, aides say

By MATTHEW NUSSBAUM 11/10/16 12:23 PM EST

Mike Pence intends to take on a robust role as vice president, senior aides said, adding that his presence at a series of Capitol Hill meetings with Donald Trump on Thursday underscored his role.

"Mike's presence in the meeting is an indication of the role Mike will play,” a senior Pence aide told reporters on the flight to D.C. “When Trump first vetted Mike, and they sat down and talked about it, Mike asked him how he envisioned the role of the vice president, and it was clear that Mike's experience on Capitol Hill, his experience of 12 years in the House, plus serving in leadership, his familiarity with members of the leadership team there, as well as being a governor and part of the RGA executive committee, he has a lot of relationships not just on Capitol Hill but across state capitals across the country."

The aide continued, "So there is an appreciation that that is something Mike brings, so I think you will see Mike having a very active role as a liaison to Capitol Hill with both Leader McConnell and with Speaker Ryan.”

Pence won’t be “pigeon-holed in a legislative role,” the aide added. “He’s going to have a broader role than that, but a key component will be legislative.”

His broader role has already begun, the aide said. “Mike will have a large role in the transition,” the aide said.

Throughout Trump's turbulent run for president, Pence kept up an active schedule on the campaign trail, often holding two rallies per day during the final stretch. But there were also reports that Pence was kept out of Trump's inner circle at times, as the billionaire relied heavily on the advice of his adult children, though the two spoke by phone every day.

Another aide on Thursday praised the Pence staffers' integration with the Trump staff, and said that has continued into the transition.

“It’s not two teams, it’s one team,” he said. That comes from Trump's and Pence’s own working relationship, he said, the importance of which is demonstrated by Pence’s presence at today’s meetings.

“It’s important not just symbolism, it’s important tactically as they start planning their administration,” he said.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 10 2016, 07:01 PM
Post #79

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

He is going to do the work, just like Kasich was offered.
+Quote Post
diggler
post Nov 11 2016, 06:26 AM
Post #80

Really Comfortable

IPB Image

Meet The Vice President Elect

Michael R. Pence

Vice President Elect Mike Pence is a native Indiana Hoosier who has dedicated his public service life to issues pertaining to fiscal responsibility, economic development and educational opportunity. He is a dedicated husband to Second Lady Elect Karen Pence, and father to their three adult children, Michael, Charlotte and Audrey. Vice President Elect Pence most recently served as the 50th Governor of the State of Indiana before accepting the invitation from President Elect Trump to serve as his running mate.

Vice President Elect Pence was one of six children born to Edward and Nancy Pence. He earned a bachelor’s degree from Hanover College in 1981 and a law degree from Indiana University in 1986. After working for the Indiana Policy Review Foundation he hosted The Mike Pence Show – a syndicated radio show that aired on 18 stations throughout Indiana.

Beginning in 2000, Vice President Elect Pence was elected six times to represent the Sixth District of Indiana in the U.S. House of Representatives where he championed legislation that promoted smaller government and economic growth for the nation. His colleagues quickly recognized his leadership acumen and legislative accomplishments and unanimously elected him to serve as House Republican Conference Chairman and Chairman of the House Republican Study Committee.

Since taking the oath as Indiana Governor in 2013, Pence achieved the largest tax cut in Indiana history while also lowering the business personal property tax and corporate income tax to strengthen the State’s competitive edge in attracting new investment and good-paying jobs. He expanded school choice, increased educational opportunity for families by signing into law the first State funding for pre-K education in Indiana, and addressed Indiana’s skills gap by making career and technical education a priority in every high school. Under his leadership, the State invested more than $800 million in new money for roads and bridges in Indiana.

The Governor has worked with the Indiana General Assembly to craft an honestly balanced budget that maintains strong reserves for the State and continues to generate a surplus. This fiscal discipline has helped Indiana maintain its AAA credit rating and earn a global reputation as a great place to do business.

As Governor, Vice President Elect Pence managed a State employee workforce of approximately 28,000 and a State budget of $30.6 billion. He oversaw the duties of the executive branch as the State’s chief executive officer, recommended and reviewed legislation with members of the Indiana General Assembly, and served as the commander-in-chief of the Indiana National Guard.

A strong supporter of the military, Pence has made a priority of reducing veteran unemployment and, while in Congress, he visited Hoosier soldiers in Iraq and/or Afghanistan every year since hostilities began.

https://www.greatagain.gov/meet-vice-president-elect.html

_
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 06:44 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com