IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does the News Dispatch know what day it is?
Tim
post Mar 31 2010, 02:13 AM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

As many of you know I read the ND online daily. Over the last week they've posted new stories each day. Suddenly today the top stories are from Wed., Mar 24 and all the stories that came after are gone. WTF?

Some may think I rant on the ND too much. The News Dispatch is one of those pillars of my youth. It was always there - it was always right. We still have an album of ND clippings from my dad's first mayoral election in 1963. To see it slide into the POS status it's fast attaining - it's just a big bummer.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MCRogers1974
post Mar 31 2010, 08:39 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 968

I'm not certain what is going on with the ND but I imagine we are seeing the fruits of corporate American cut backs and we are seeing attempts at gains in efficiency. It appears as though the consolidation going on with the ND and the LP HA, numerous labor saving methods are being used. The net result is reduced service to the customers and marginal savings to the corporation. My sense is the smaller media companies are simply in a survival mode and the companies are simply attempting the squeeze every last labor dollar. Simply my theory.
+Quote Post
Michelle
post Mar 31 2010, 10:54 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 787

Right now the current news stories are posted first. Maybe it was just some momentary website snafu.

Your complaints just show that you value a good product; nothing wrong with that. When people stop worrying about the quality of the news, newspapers are really sunk. There's no way they can compete against amateurs if quality doesn't matter. But I have to disagree with the "it was always there--it was always right" opinion. Spend enough time looking through the old microfilm and it becomes apparent that the ND always had its share of goofy errors.

I don't mean to sound critical about the News Dispatch. In general I think it's a pretty good paper, considering the size of the market.

+Quote Post
ChickenCityRoller
post Mar 31 2010, 12:21 PM
Post #4

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 19

My friends cousin was the teller at the bank that was robbed last Friday at 4:00. The story was reported yesterday, lol.

Signature Bar
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dave
post Mar 31 2010, 01:55 PM
Post #5

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 482

I just looked at the N-D website, and see that the comments are being moderated now. That ought to cut down on the crazy over there.
+Quote Post
MCRogers1974
post Mar 31 2010, 02:11 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 968

I couldn't agree more with you about the moderated comments. Some of the "off the wall" comments being made by so many people was almost scary to me. Do we really have that many looney tunes out there? Why so much random nonsense?
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Mar 31 2010, 02:13 PM
Post #7

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(MCRogers1974 @ Mar 31 2010, 03:11 PM) *

I couldn't agree more with you about the moderated comments. Some of the "off the wall" comments being made by so many people was almost scary to me. Do we really have that many looney tunes out there? Why so much random nonsense?

People do crazy things when they think they can get away with it.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Mar 31 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #8

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(ChickenCityRoller @ Mar 31 2010, 01:21 PM) *

My friends cousin was the teller at the bank that was robbed last Friday at 4:00. The story was reported yesterday, lol.

I know! But then a few hours later it was gone.
+Quote Post
NDReporter
post Mar 31 2010, 04:24 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 945

QUOTE(Tim @ Mar 31 2010, 04:50 PM) *

I know! But then a few hours later it was gone.

Hey! Hey! We had a picture and cutline about the bank robbery on Saturday's front page! Maybe that just didn't make it onto the Web....if you paid 75 cents for your copy of our fine newspaper, you would have seen it tongue.gif

Signature Bar
Necessary disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of Paxton Media Group.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Mar 31 2010, 06:54 PM
Post #10

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(NDReporter @ Mar 31 2010, 05:24 PM) *

Hey! Hey! We had a picture and cutline about the bank robbery on Saturday's front page! Maybe that just didn't make it onto the Web....if you paid 75 cents for your copy of our fine newspaper, you would have seen it tongue.gif

Can you recommend a store in Kobe or Osaka that sells the ND?
+Quote Post
NDReporter
post Mar 31 2010, 11:10 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 945

QUOTE(Tim @ Mar 31 2010, 07:54 PM) *

Can you recommend a store in Kobe or Osaka that sells the ND?

Teehee, I forgotted about that! I think an international subscription may be a little pricey...

Signature Bar
Necessary disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of Paxton Media Group.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Mar 31 2010, 11:14 PM
Post #12

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(NDReporter @ Apr 1 2010, 12:10 AM) *

Teehee, I forgotted about that! I think an international subscription may be a little pricey...

Hey - if I could, I probably would! The internet version is constantly screwed up - hence my rant. I'm sure you're one of the good folks there - fight the fight!
+Quote Post
lovethiscity
post Apr 2 2010, 07:03 PM
Post #13

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 41

QUOTE(Tim @ Apr 1 2010, 12:14 AM) *

Hey - if I could, I probably would! The internet version is constantly screwed up - hence my rant. I'm sure you're one of the good folks there - fight the fight!

Tim, here at home the internet version is always perfect. They have isolated the Japan connection just to mess with you. The headline in the paperless version today reads "Tim pushed a bit closer to the edge" At least that is our version.
+Quote Post
Tim
post Apr 2 2010, 07:35 PM
Post #14

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(lovethiscity @ Apr 2 2010, 08:03 PM) *

Tim, here at home the internet version is always perfect. They have isolated the Japan connection just to mess with you. The headline in the paperless version today reads "Tim pushed a bit closer to the edge" At least that is our version.

I knew it!

laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Apr 2 2010, 07:38 PM
Post #15

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(lovethiscity @ Apr 2 2010, 08:03 PM) *

I think you have the international dateline backwards... it is the third of April in Japan, not the first...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 06:10 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com