Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KFC...
Southsider2k12
post Nov 24 2008, 08:00 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

So how many of you have ever been into KFC, when they have run out of chicken? Yeah. True story, happened to me Saturday night. I don't think it was a big tour bus or something either, because they seemed honestly shocked when it happened, despite the fact that they have that big clear container right there for all to look into. Of all things not to know you are running out of, chicken isn't the smartest one there. But they did tell me if I wanted to wait 16 minutes, they would have more ready... Need less to say, I was out the door in less than 16 seconds.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 24 2008, 08:30 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

This sounds like a Godly tap on the shoulder.

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 24 2008, 09:33 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10

They definitely don't have the brightest people working at KFC. And I think that is nationwide.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Homey
post Nov 25 2008, 10:23 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 826

QUOTE(Ang @ Nov 24 2008, 10:33 AM) *

They definitely don't have the brightest people working at KFC. And I think that is nationwide.

Once in awhile we get the urge for KFC...then we go through the drive through and a light bulb goes off and we remember why we don't go more often. The service is horrendous. Tells ya something about the workforce pool we have, doesn't it?

Signature Bar
Nothing is worth more than this day!
+Quote Post
eric.hanke
post Nov 25 2008, 10:27 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 546

QUOTE(Homey @ Nov 25 2008, 10:23 PM) *

Once in awhile we get the urge for KFC...then we go through the drive through and a light bulb goes off and we remember why we don't go more often. The service is horrendous. Tells ya something about the workforce pool we have, doesn't it?

No comment...

Signature Bar
IPB Image

Welcome to the Michigan City Area Schools, we are over budget, over paid, overwhelmed ...

+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 26 2008, 12:56 AM
Post #6

Out here the KFC pays $9/hr entry level and they still can't hire smart people.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
JoeJ
post Nov 26 2008, 06:08 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 833

QUOTE(Ang @ Nov 26 2008, 12:56 AM) *

Out here the KFC pays $9/hr entry level and they still can't hire smart people.

I think that is more a reflection on MC than KFC. It is hard to find good people to work. I think they would rather sell drugs on the blvd than sell me chicken. I would never in a million years eat there on purpose. Why do think we lose more places here, is it the place or the service.

Bakers Square - gone
Boston Market - gone
Ryans - on the way out
Einstein - gone
Moes - gone, come back as Sahara - great place, but the average MC does not go there
Hot-n-Now - gone
K-mart - gone
most stores @ MRQ Mall - gone
If I cared the list could go on and on

Joe
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 26 2008, 07:14 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(JoeJ @ Nov 26 2008, 06:08 AM) *

I think that is more a reflection on MC than KFC. It is hard to find good people to work. I think they would rather sell drugs on the blvd than sell me chicken. I would never in a million years eat there on purpose. Why do think we lose more places here, is it the place or the service.

Bakers Square - gone
Boston Market - gone
Ryans - on the way out
Einstein - gone
Moes - gone, come back as Sahara - great place, but the average MC does not go there
Hot-n-Now - gone
K-mart - gone
most stores @ MRQ Mall - gone
If I cared the list could go on and on

Joe

That list is a little misleading as many of the chains you listed either completely shutdown, or went into major closings that had nothing to do with Michigan City.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 26 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #9

Yeah, but we have that other thread about places in MC that are gone and there is A LOT on it. His list might include chains, but the idea is a reality. And a sad one at that.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 26 2008, 10:47 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(Ang @ Nov 26 2008, 10:40 AM) *

Yeah, but we have that other thread about places in MC that are gone and there is A LOT on it. His list might include chains, but the idea is a reality. And a sad one at that.

Its only reality if it happens only here. Working for very close to 10 years in downtown Chicago, I can tell you for a fact, that turnover in retail is a truism. The life cycle of these stores is very small, and it isn't a problem with Chicago, just like it isn't just a Michigan City problem. I would be willing to bet that many, many towns could make similar lists. We just focus on our town, because we see it in a microscope. While I won't deny that things have gotten bad, its not just an MC problem in many cases.
+Quote Post
JoeJ
post Nov 26 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #11

ok, hot is gone from the face of the planet. As far as I know the rest are still in business. Maybe, a diminished biz but most could not wait to get out of MC
+Quote Post
JHeath
post Nov 26 2008, 10:54 AM
Post #12

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 43

QUOTE(JoeJ @ Nov 26 2008, 10:50 AM) *

ok, hot is gone from the face of the planet. As far as I know the rest are still in business. Maybe, a diminished biz but most could not wait to get out of MC

What about the places that have moved in and have done quite well? I'm talking about places like Chili's, Applebee's, Jimmy John's, etc...
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 26 2008, 10:55 AM
Post #13

And business is booming where I live. This town is growing by leaps and bounds. We have new stuff cropping up all the time and closures are only due to the fact that they can't find enough people to work there. Literally! THAT'S why entry level wages are so high in most places. It's very uncommon to find a minimum wage job here.

I agree that we are focused on City cause it's our home, but I do have something for comparison and I would say that MC is slowly dying a cancerous death. Makes me sad too...

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
JoeJ
post Nov 26 2008, 05:21 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(JHeath @ Nov 26 2008, 10:54 AM) *

What about the places that have moved in and have done quite well? I'm talking about places like Chili's, Applebee's, Jimmy John's, etc...

Applebee's worst service in town. I refuse to go there
Jimmie John's has a high turnover as they seem to just hire college kids, you cannot screw up 10 sandwiches
chili's is ok, but there are times that you can wait forever for food.
Chilis, BW, Haceinda all tend to be in demand if you are server/bartender/so on. As they are popular with Illinois people and those who will spend money to drink.

Remember, the ones that flame out weigh the ones that do not. It is hard to go to any place in town and get good to great service. MC is more and more a service economy. There are fewer and fewer home buyers, we have the largest rental community in the area or dang near it.

I was at a private club in Valpo (please read into this as white men with MONEY) today and they all agreed that there seems to be a barrier around LaPorte county that if there is something new hear the people tend to run it in the ground. I do not mean to run IMS down outside of weezy, but EFM is horrible. They have no budget as it all goes into one guys pocket. You noticed that he has not responded to any of my comments.

I grew up in the area. I know this area and have tried to bring new ideas here, but no takers. I have decided to focus my efforts in a new direction helping those that want to do something for themselves (read into this again, people who want to make MONEY).

I am not hurling stones here, my wife and I are college grads and we are in the minority for MC. I know a black couple that are college grads and they are really a minority. He has tried to be a mentor to local youths, but they all seemed to be more interested in stealing than working towards a better life. They (kids in general) want it all now not working and going to school. I worked my way through college. Go Purdue

Joe
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 26 2008, 05:48 PM
Post #15

You have touched on something very important, and that is the fact that people have to want to make MC a better community. Us folks here at this MB represent a very small percent of the whole. If WE were in charge of the community, there would be many many changes--all for the better. Unfortunately, the powers that be hold the reigns too tight and are not willing to do what's best for everyone, only themselves. And the masses are so blinded by the trees that they can't see the whole forest.
We'd all like to think that we can make in a difference when in reality no one is really doing anything to make a difference. And those who do try get smacked down.

I'm tellin' ya, it's a cancer that is eating away at the very fabric of Michigan City.

Oh, and Joe, after the way you "talked" to Tom, I really don't think he's going to grace you with a reply. No offense, but you were pretty rude.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
JoeJ
post Nov 26 2008, 11:34 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(Ang @ Nov 26 2008, 05:48 PM) *

You have touched on something very important, and that is the fact that people have to want to make MC a better community. Us folks here at this MB represent a very small percent of the whole. If WE were in charge of the community, there would be many many changes--all for the better. Unfortunately, the powers that be hold the reigns too tight and are not willing to do what's best for everyone, only themselves. And the masses are so blinded by the trees that they can't see the whole forest.
We'd all like to think that we can make in a difference when in reality no one is really doing anything to make a difference. And those who do try get smacked down.

I'm tellin' ya, it's a cancer that is eating away at the very fabric of Michigan City.
Oh, and Joe, after the way you "talked" to Tom, I really don't think he's going to grace you with a reply. No offense, but you were pretty rude.

He knows I speak the truth, I am sure he is living else where and could care less as long as he keeps selling ad
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 28 2008, 09:24 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 3

While I think you are being needlessly confrontational, JoeJ, I also feel that you are entitled to your freedom of speech. However, I am hoping to see your improvement in matters of grammar and diction. F'rinstance, in your post (#16 above, if anyone is keeping score), you write, "He...COULD care less..." [my emphasis].

Do you mean his level of concern could diminish or be at some attenuated level compared to the current amount of concern, or do you actually mean to say that he COULDN'T care less, ie, his level of concern is already at the minimum?

Just asking, and I hope you do not feel that I am merely trying to ascertain your convolution quotient©.

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
JoeJ
post Dec 1 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Nov 28 2008, 09:24 AM) *

While I think you are being needlessly confrontational, JoeJ, I also feel that you are entitled to your freedom of speech. However, I am hoping to see your improvement in matters of grammar and diction. F'rinstance, in your post (#16 above, if anyone is keeping score), you write, "He...COULD care less..." [my emphasis].

Do you mean his level of concern could diminish or be at some attenuated level compared to the current amount of concern, or do you actually mean to say that he COULDN'T care less, ie, his level of concern is already at the minimum?

Just asking, and I hope you do not feel that I am merely trying to ascertain your convolution quotient©.

So, what you are saying is that you do not disagree with me. You will, however, take issue with some errors in my writing. I will admit that I think faster than I type and I trying to get it all down. So, I will make some mistakes, and if you are keeping score. You really need a life!

So grade this!

Joe
+Quote Post
Ang
post Dec 1 2008, 08:01 PM
Post #19

Roger gets on all of us for our grammer. You're nothing special in that regard.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
eric.hanke
post Dec 1 2008, 08:02 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 546

QUOTE(JoeJ @ Dec 1 2008, 07:31 PM) *

So, what you are saying is that you do not disagree with me. You will, however, take issue with some errors in my writing. I will admit that I think faster than I type and I trying to get it all down. So, I will make some mistakes, and if you are keeping score. You really need a life!

So grade this!

Joe

"Sounds like someone is having a case of the Monday's" sad.gif

Signature Bar
IPB Image

Welcome to the Michigan City Area Schools, we are over budget, over paid, overwhelmed ...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:07 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com