IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> News Dispatch poll of the day..., Buy USA?
Are American products worth more to you?
Do you pay more for American products?
Yes [ 2 ] ** [100.00%]
No [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 2
Guests cannot vote 
Southsider2k12
post Mar 5 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

This is the poll question of the day on the front page of the NDs website, and I was curious what other people felt about it. Is it worth it to you to spend a little bit extra money to buy an American made product, over something from somewhere else? Opinions?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TSNSPYDER
post Mar 6 2007, 11:50 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 76

I don't really know. Some things are better here and some things aren't. I would never (or try not to) buy anything made in Mexico, or India, or the lesser known foreign countries. The cars I prefer to buy are 100% Japanese because they're the most reliable. If I lived in the Midwest again I'd probably buy American because they're less likely to rust as much and are easier to find someplace to fix. I hope to buy a Fender Stratocaster sometime in the future and will definitely be willing to pay the dollar difference for an American made over a Mexican or Japanese strat. I usually try to buy the best of what I can for the amount of money I want to pay, whether that's a foreign or American company. I wish companies all over America started caring more for their employees. Nowadays your just a number. If you leave a company, they don't care because they can just replace you with someone else. Companies are more of a "what have you done for me lately" mentality than a "what have you done for us for the past 20 years" mentality.
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Mar 6 2007, 12:06 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3

this question has two meanings:

1. Does one end up paying more for American-made stuff?

2. Does one willingly pay more to buy American-made stuff?

For me, the answer usually is Yes to both. And I would never buy or eat food from the Third World. That includes Fannie May from Brazil, Mars. Co bars from Mexico, Frog legs from Bangladesh, etc.

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Mar 6 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3

I think it should be the law that all products made in the US should be clearly labeled as such. I do prefer to buy things labeled that say they are made here. Here is one example: Sriracha sauce. Made in Thailand? No buy. Made in US of A? In the cart!

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Mar 6 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2

I think #1 is a given. I don't believe there are many places in the world where an employer pays their employees as much as they do in the USA. I know there are some European countries that might have higher wage rates, and benefits, but not many.

I think the poll question is more towards #2, and it being voluntary, versus unknown.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Mar 6 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 10

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Mar 6 2007, 11:26 AM) *

Here is one example: Sriracha sauce. Made in Thailand? No buy. Made in US of A? In the cart!

What the hell is sriracha sauce?!?! I can't even say it. ohmy.gif

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:31 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com