Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Not So Awesome....
edgeywood
post May 21 2010, 12:43 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 330

I've been in Chesterton the past few days and Awesome Car Wash (near Meijers) has been running help wanted ads in the Chesterton Tribune. I haven't seen any ads in the News-Dispatch. I suspect there is something more afoot than cheaper rates at the Chesterton Tribune. Not quite sure what to do with this info, but I know I won't support a business that does not attempt to hire locally.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Markus
post May 21 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 886

QUOTE(edgeywood @ May 21 2010, 01:43 PM) *

I've been in Chesterton the past few days and Awesome Car Wash (near Meijers) has been running help wanted ads in the Chesterton Tribune. I haven't seen any ads in the News-Dispatch. I suspect there is something more afoot than cheaper rates at the Chesterton Tribune. Not quite sure what to do with this info, but I know I won't support a business that does not attempt to hire locally.

If I was a business owner in M.C. I think think I would look elsewhere for summer help too. This whole town is full of "do nothings"
+Quote Post
lovethiscity
post May 21 2010, 07:26 PM
Post #3

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 41

QUOTE(Markus @ May 21 2010, 02:58 PM) *

If I was a business owner in M.C. I think think I would look elsewhere for summer help too. This whole town is full of "do nothings"

So Markus, do you live here?
+Quote Post
Tim
post May 21 2010, 10:14 PM
Post #4

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 18

It could have to do with the ND's recent slide into a piece of crap. Unless the C. Trib also sucks. In which case, I got nothin'.

Hope that helps.
+Quote Post
ChickenCityRoller
post May 22 2010, 06:12 AM
Post #5

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 19

I agree with Tim. I'm sort of a classifieds hound, love going through them just looking and sometimes I'll pull the trigger. The ND's is so sorry, I don't even bother, just brings you to third party services and with very little in them.

Signature Bar
IPB Image
+Quote Post
edgeywood
post May 22 2010, 06:35 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE(ChickenCityRoller @ May 22 2010, 07:12 AM) *

I agree with Tim. I'm sort of a classifieds hound, love going through them just looking and sometimes I'll pull the trigger. The ND's is so sorry, I don't even bother, just brings you to third party services and with very little in them.

C. Tribune classifieds are not online as far as I can tell. That limits the circulation, but maybe that's the idea.
+Quote Post
Ang
post May 24 2010, 12:07 PM
Post #7

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Well, from what I understand, it's very expensive to buy space in the N-D and the H-A. I'm sure this place has a limited budget and can't afford to buy space in the local papers. My guess is they went with the closest "local" paper they could afford.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Tim
post May 24 2010, 11:45 PM
Post #8

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Ang @ May 24 2010, 01:07 PM) *

Well, from what I understand, it's very expensive to buy space in the N-D and the H-A. I'm sure this place has a limited budget and can't afford to buy space in the local papers. My guess is they went with the closest "local" paper they could afford.

I took this to be a classified ads thing. If it is, they're not paid ads, are they? Hmmmm,,,,
+Quote Post
edgeywood
post May 25 2010, 07:48 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Tim @ May 25 2010, 12:45 AM) *

I took this to be a classified ads thing. If it is, they're not paid ads, are they? Hmmmm,,,,

They do have an ad in the N-D advertising their business, we are just not good enough to work there.

+Quote Post
Ang
post May 25 2010, 11:43 AM
Post #10

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

humph!

If that's the case, then I'm with ya, Edgy and I won't wash my car there either.

I like that place on Franklin near Jiffy Lube. It's a little pricey for a car wash IMO, but they do a durn fine job of getting the car clean inside and out.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Tim
post May 25 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #11

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(edgeywood @ May 25 2010, 08:48 AM) *

They do have an ad in the N-D advertising their business, we are just not good enough to work there.

Well then they can go sit on a sno cone.
+Quote Post
edgeywood
post May 26 2010, 06:19 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ang @ May 25 2010, 12:43 PM) *

humph!

If that's the case, then I'm with ya, Edgy and I won't wash my car there either.

I like that place on Franklin near Jiffy Lube. It's a little pricey for a car wash IMO, but they do a durn fine job of getting the car clean inside and out.

I dumped my 12 year old vehicle. Now that I have a new car, I'll check out the Franklin St. car wash!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:06 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com