post Jan 2 2008, 11:54 AM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 43

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=46304.05

1/2/2008 10:29:00 AM
Relay For Life To Have Rally
WESTVILLE - A Kick-Off Rally for the 2008 La Porte County Relay for Life will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 8, at Purdue University-North Central. The event will be in Room 002 on the lower level in the LSF Building. Anyone interested in starting a team, joining a team, volunteering at the event or being a part of the planning committee, should contact the American Cancer Society office at (866) 522-2111.

This year's Relay for Life will be June 13 and 14 at the La Porte County Fairgrounds.

Relay For Life is the American Cancer Society's signature fund-raising event, where teams of people camp out for 12 to 24 hours, walking laps on a track, socializing and participating in planned activities and ceremonies. Teams can be made up of family, friends, co-workers or community groups.

Money raised by the Relay For Life of La Porte County will help to fund research, education, advocacy and service initiatives available to area residents.

In 1946, the American Cancer Society began their research program to fund scientists and researchers who were searching for the latest cancer fighting breakthroughs. Since that time the American Cancer Society has devoted more than $2.8 billion to cancer research.

Patient service programs already underway in and near La Porte County including I Can Cope, a program in which a series of education classes designed for those touched by cancer addressing a variety of topics, and Reach to Recovery, a program in which trained volunteer breast cancer survivors provide support and share experiences in a one-on-one visitation program for women diagnosed with breast cancer.

The American Cancer Society is dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by saving lives, diminishing suffering and preventing cancer through research, education, advocacy and service. Founded in 1913 and with national headquarters in Atlanta, the Society has 13 regional divisions and local offices in 3,400 communities.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Jan 2 2008, 02:43 PM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

I will run on the City By The Lake.Org team! How many ppl do we need for a team? Let's kick some dupa!

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jan 2 2008, 03:12 PM
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

That would be cool if CBTL had a team. We should discuss it at our "meeting meeting"

If we decide to enter a team, I will plan my vacation around the dates of the event so I can help out and participate, too!

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Jan 2 2008, 06:33 PM
Post #4

If you cannot make the trip, you could always be on board as a sponsor. That goes for any member who will not be able to walk or run, or (hint! hint!) grill the food for the walkers.

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jan 2 2008, 09:23 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2

I would love to see this site associated with a quality organization like the American Cancer Society.
+Quote Post
JHeath
post Jan 2 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #6

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Jan 2 2008, 06:33 PM) *

If you cannot make the trip, you could always be on board as a sponsor. That goes for any member who will not be able to walk or run, or (hint! hint!) grill the food for the walkers.

Maybe we could even "partner" with WIMS on a team....Johnny Rush???
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Jan 3 2008, 08:08 AM
Post #7

May I email ric re this?

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
JHeath
post Jan 3 2008, 09:54 AM
Post #8

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Jan 3 2008, 08:08 AM) *

May I email ric re this?

I don't see why not. Thanks, Roger.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jan 3 2008, 11:39 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(JHeath @ Jan 3 2008, 09:54 AM) *

I don't see why not. Thanks, Roger.

sure, have at it!
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jan 3 2008, 11:44 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 10

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Jan 2 2008, 05:33 PM) *

Since I am one of those "awful smokers", I will volunteer for the grill! I like stationary things anyway because then I can talk to everyone. I'm a huge social butterfly and love to chat with people.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:56 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com