Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bohacek candidacy challenged
Southsider2k12
post Jul 17 2014, 05:12 PM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

BIG NEWS out of the LaPorte County Election Board meeting held this afternoon. Carol McDaniel, the Ex-Assessor of LaPorte County, is challenging the candidacy of Michael Bohacek for County Commissioner. The main thrust is that in April 2012 Bohacek took out a homestead exemption for his residence in New Buffalo MI, attesting that this was his main residence. After that, he voted in the May 2012 Primary elections for LaPorte County, as well as general elections in the State of Michigan for November 2012, along with a special election there in May 2013. Then in November 2013 and May 2014 Bohacek voted in LaPorte County elections. The issue is going to be taken up at a July 28 special meeting of the election board.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Jul 17 2014, 08:16 PM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 929

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Jul 17 2014, 06:12 PM) *

BIG NEWS out of the LaPorte County Election Board meeting held this afternoon. Carol McDaniel, the Ex-Assessor of LaPorte County, is challenging the candidacy of Michael Bohacek for County Commissioner. The main thrust is that in April 2012 Bohacek took out a homestead exemption for his residence in New Buffalo MI, attesting that this was his main residence. After that, he voted in the May 2012 Primary elections for LaPorte County, as well as general elections in the State of Michigan for November 2012, along with a special election there in May 2013. Then in November 2013 and May 2014 Bohacek voted in LaPorte County elections. The issue is going to be taken up at a July 28 special meeting of the election board.

I am voting for Willie in November anyways.

Here's why:

I once interviewed for the position of bridge tender on the Franklin St. bridge when Bohacek was commissioner (which for those that don't know the Franklin St. bridge falls under the auspices of the La Porte County Highway Department and not the City of Michigan City Street Department). After making to trips to La Porte to interview with the county personnel directer then the county highway superintendent the job was awarded to commissioner Bohacek's wife.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jul 21 2014, 03:58 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10

I'm voting for Willie, too.
Here's why:

I just like the guy. And I think he's doing a great job. And I don't care that Earl Cunningham doesn't like him. I do.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Jul 29 2014, 06:58 PM
Post #4

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 929

Bohachek is going to get to run. The election board ruled might be appealed. Either way with all the punch 10 voters out there Willie is a shoe in to win this election anyways.

When Willie ran against Bohacek in the primary the first time I voted for Willie then that November I voted for Keith Harris. Back in the May primary I voted for Johnny Stimley but in November I am voting for Willie again.
+Quote Post
ChickenCityRoller
post Jul 30 2014, 08:39 AM
Post #5

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 19

If anyone actually believes that Carol has the brains or gumption to have done this..., well, you may as well just vote for Ol' Willie then. laugh.gif

Signature Bar
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 3 2014, 11:07 AM
Post #6

Libertarian Party of La Porte County
45 minutes ago
Carol McDaniels and the Democrats have filed a lawsuit challenging the decision made by the County Elections Board regarding Mike Bohacek's ® residency in his race for County Commissioner. Judge Alevizos and County Attorney Shaw Friedman have recused themselves from the case. Will keep you posted.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 10 2014, 04:24 PM
Post #7

Judge also agrees that Bohachek can run.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/laporte...b520f704ae.html
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:49 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com