Southsider2k12
post Feb 11 2016, 10:29 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://www.southbendtribune.com/sports/oly...d82ba2c33c.html

By Tim Creason Tribune Correspondent

Talk about a positive attitude: Anna Weber says that no matter what happens this weekend, she’ll be a winner.

If things go absolutely perfect, the Michigan City native will earn a place on Team USA by finishing among the top three at the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials in Los Angeles.

But even if she doesn’t, Weber believes she will gain valuable experience, which can only help when she takes another shot at it in 2020.

The former Wolves’ standout doesn’t see any reason to wait four years, however. She’s ready to go now.

“My confidence level is great,” says Weber, who departed Wednesday morning for pre-race activities in California. “I believe that, barring something unforeseen or out of my control, great things could happen on Saturday.”

The 26.2-mile battle begins at 1 p.m. (EST) Saturday and will be broadcast live on NBC television. The top three male and female finishers earn a trip to the Rio Olympics come August.

The 27-year-old Weber – a former All-State track and cross country runner at Michigan City High School – is still a relative unknown in the marathon business. She’s only run four of them.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:59 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com