Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://www.examiner.com/x-2363-UFO-Examine...s-over-IN-CA-VT

IPB Image

Three UFO low fly reports over IN, CA, VT
March 20, 11:25 PM ยท 17 comments
ShareThis Feed

Indiana UFO witness captured this image on March 19, 2009.

Three low flying UFOs were spotted over Indiana, California and Vermont on March 19 - and a fire ball-looking image showed up on a young woman's Utah mountain photography.

Lights in a triangular shape were witnessed over Michigan City, Indiana. The object hovered while the man struggled to get his camera to capture the event and he finally snapped one shot as it moved out of sight.

A California sighting is described by a witness as looking like an "upside-down shiny metal plate." The object finally "shot away."

In South Burlington, Vermont, a witness watched a "distinct circle of yellow light" make an "extremely fast trajectory towards the ground." Just down the road he observed "about a dozen police cars pulled off the road into a field with all lights off" from several different surrounding towns.

The following reports have not yet been investigated and are unedited from the MUFON database. We will report back on any MUFON investigation.

Indiana, March 19, 2009 - Hovering strobing triangle for around 1 min then left at amazing speed.

I was on my way to work 3/19/09. At 6:20 AM I looked North from CO RD 400W where I was traveling West. I saw a pattern of lights blinking in a triangle shape, accenting the corners.

It looked as if it was blinking 10 times at each point for 3 seconds.

The light moved in a clock wise blink pattern following the corners. The object looked stationary in a hover. I knew it was nothing I had ever seen before. The distance was what I precieved to be over Lake Michigan to the North at least 10 miles from where I was. My guess on altitude was in the 5,000-10,000' range.

I grabbed my Camrea phone immediately and started to get the camera started 1.3 Mega pixel, it's a T mobile phone. I opened the moon roof on my SUV and started taking pics and saving them as fast as I could... I could not get the lights strobing on 3 attempts.

The 4th attempt I was successful in capturing the object, as it light brightly white and speed upward at an angle. I was 100' short of the intersection of 400W and Cleveland Road in Michigan City, IN. (See attached picture).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Michelle
post Mar 24 2009, 09:36 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 787

From the picture, it looks like we have a giant glowing tapeworm on our hands. I'd take cover.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Mar 24 2009, 09:54 AM
Post #3

Apparently that isn't City's first UFO report...

August 1977

June 20, 1969
+Quote Post
CaddyRich
post Mar 24 2009, 10:04 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 756

QUOTE(Michelle @ Mar 24 2009, 10:36 AM) *

From the picture, it looks like we have a giant glowing tapeworm on our hands. I'd take cover.

Ha Ha Ha! biggrin.gif

Signature Bar
"If a man opens the car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife." - Duke of Edinburgh.
+Quote Post
Dave
post Mar 24 2009, 04:04 PM
Post #5

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 482

I'd bet it's an iridium flare.

There's a really cool website, http://www.heavens-above.com , which tracks satellites, the International Space Station, the shuttles when they are up, and can tell you when they are going to be overhead and which direction to look.

Years back a company started the Iridium telephone system, basically satellite phones. The system worked with a relatively large number of satellites in low earth orbit, rather than geosynchronous orbit, probably because they wanted their phones to not need a dish attachment. It turns out the satillite design they used has some shiny surfaces which flash at the ground when seen from just the right angle (see the video linked above).
+Quote Post
jb9152
post Mar 24 2009, 06:14 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 802

Where are Agents Mulder and Scully when you need them? ;-)
+Quote Post
IndyTransplant
post Mar 24 2009, 09:04 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 870

QUOTE(jb9152 @ Mar 24 2009, 07:14 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I miss that show.

Signature Bar

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Mar 25 2009, 06:15 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(jb9152 @ Mar 24 2009, 07:14 PM) *

The truth it out there... ph34r.gif
+Quote Post
Ang
post Mar 25 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 10

http://www.nuforc.org/

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
joe.black
post Mar 25 2009, 01:38 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 865

QUOTE(IndyTransplant @ Mar 24 2009, 10:04 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I miss that show.

I haven't thought about "The X-Files" in years. I miss that show too.
+Quote Post
Dave
post Mar 26 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #11

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 482

If you miss the X-Files, you might like "Fringe." The first season is available on hulu.com.
+Quote Post
jb9152
post Mar 26 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 802

QUOTE(Dave @ Mar 26 2009, 12:53 PM) *

If you miss the X-Files, you might like "Fringe." The first season is available on hulu.com.

I watched a few episodes, and really liked it, but then I missed several, so I'll probably wait for the DVD of the first season to come out. I agree - it's a lot like the X-Files.
+Quote Post
joe.black
post Apr 8 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 865

QUOTE(Dave @ Mar 26 2009, 12:53 PM) *

I just watched it last night on Fox. You're right - very X-Files like. Similar formula, with the addition of sinister corporate types to the X-Files' sinister government types.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jul 4 2009, 04:42 PM
Post #14

http://www.examiner.com/x-2363-UFO-Examine...Indiana-highway

IN, July 1, 2009 - Michigan City, IN, July 1, 2009; bright orange/yellow light with black/grayish flutted edges, round.

July 1, 2009, going home (West) Hwy2, Michigan City, IN. Wife and husband about 8:30 p.m. (dusk) when suddenly on the outskirts of town we observed what i thought to be an ingenious 4th of July stunt.

As it became closer I realized we were seeing something truly unique.

Yes, a real UFO! The craft had a dark mass underneath and a bright orange/yellow bright light spuing out an aura of same. It continued at a steady speed approximately 70 mph at about 500 feet in height. I could not pull over so continued on as it passed directly over our vehicle. Wife put her head out of the window, looking straight up at the bottom of the craft, and saw what I have drawn, the bottom was flutted black/gray with indentations, with a round, bright light of orange/yellow in the middle and she probably got the best view of it. I then found a parking lot, pulled in, ran out and grabbed the binoculars.

The height of the craft had increased by this time to about 800 feet and I zeroed in on it. The bright, flaring light had dimmed to a ring of continuous light of the same vibrant red/orange color and distinctive black round disk-like rearend.

There was no noise. It gained in altitude to about 1500 feet and my wife said it made a slight curve (turn) but maintained speed. Just then another motorist pulled in beside us to ask- what the heck is that??!! He and his son saw it too. I watched as it disappeared out of sight, and gained more height.

There is no reasonable explanation for this sighting. It had no wings so that its slow speed would invariably send it stalling to the ground. No balloon I know of could have such a varied light show this displayed with such intensity. I am a recreational pilot, and have a good sense of height and size. The size was approximately 30 feet in diameter.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:57 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com